CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

carter 03-08-2018 10:39 AM

These scenarios have worked out before. Remember when Brighton had a bid accepted for Garvan and he turned it down to stay and then went on to have a great season for us in 2012/13. It’s gonna be hard for him though. Definitely think he should try get a loan deal

eagleborn 03-08-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 14367616)
I think the situation now for him and the clubs is now, 'awks'.

Sat on bench, big money too i think and he is not wanted.

Unless there is an injury not sure how he is going to breakthrough.

Its a bit of a shame really.

Still can't be too upset, He earns no doubt more in a week than I do in a year

I doubt he is "not wanted". I'm sure we will make use of him in some capacity, but just he is not integral to our plans so will spend much of the season on the bench.

Palace Yankee 03-08-2018 10:57 AM

Let's hope this has all rattled his cage in a positive way and he uses it as motivation. He's not a finished article, but only he can do anything about becoming one.

Kai 03-08-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 14367616)
I think the situation now for him and the clubs is now, 'awks'.

Sat on bench, big money too i think and he is not wanted.

Unless there is an injury not sure how he is going to breakthrough.

Its a bit of a shame really.

Still can't be too upset, He earns no doubt more in a week than I do in a year

Which is why he should go out on loan somewhere, be it Swansea or somewhere else. It doesn't help his development to sit on the bench and play in the U23s

Glɑzier 03-08-2018 11:23 AM

With Luka and Meyer not quite match fit I do think he will get a decent run in the first team over the next few weeks, if he does well he might push out Macca or Kouyate, or at the very least, force Roy to rotate.

Seems hopeful but this guy is far more likely to stick with us longer term then Meyer and he does have talent. Need to make sure we don't marginalise him at the very least.

Stavros 69 03-08-2018 11:40 AM

I just dont understand why we don't loan him out?
I'm not saying we're as big as Chelsea etc but we are a premier league team
We have managed to bag one of the best talents from Ajax on the cheap; ok he hasn't managed to break into the first team and now he's got more people ahead of him.
He's got a decent amount of time on his contract, why don't we just loan him out and get someone else to develop our asset. Seems all too simple to me.

red&blue_moomin 03-08-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glɑzier (Post 14367729)
With Luka and Meyer not quite match fit I do think he will get a decent run in the first team over the next few weeks, if he does well he might push out Macca or Kouyate, or at the very least, force Roy to rotate.

Seems hopeful but this guy is far more likely to stick with us longer term then Meyer and he does have talent. Need to make sure we don't marginalise him at the very least.

We actually have an Ajax wunderkid and a Schalke wunderkid in our team along with our very own wunderkid.

I'd be using Jairo in the cups and as a squad rotation player. If we improve the second team and I think we are then that side should be able to progress a few rounds in the cups with a sprinkling of first team players.

Old Joe Paxton 03-08-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glɑzier (Post 14367729)

Well thats not gone well then has it: if reports correct the club have tried to push him out to 'Div2' and Wales...

Burnt bridges?

red&blue_moomin 03-08-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14367754)
We have managed to bag one of the best talents from Ajax on the cheap; ok he hasn't managed to break into the first team and now he's got more people ahead of him.
He's got a decent amount of time on his contract, why don't we just loan him out and get someone else to develop our asset. Seems all too simple to me.

Honestly because we need the squad cover. It might be risky but Roy really needs to start using his subs to blood players a little bit also it might help reduce injuries a bit due to not stretching the first team 11 until it snaps.

Glɑzier 03-08-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 14367764)
Well thats not gone well then has it: if reports correct the club have tried to push him out to 'Div2' and Wales...

Burnt bridges?

I refer the honourable gentleman to Carter's post about Garvan.

Lee B 03-08-2018 03:37 PM

Can someone help me out as to what Jairo has done in a Palace shirt to justify the faith some on here have in him? I just donít see it.

Heís had 1 half decent game against City. What else?

I donít think heís a bad player but I just donít think that heís suited to the Premier League. He doesnít look to be quick enough.

Gollum 03-08-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

I'd imagine that if we don't sell him by Weds, it's a last day loan on thursday.

Billyd 03-08-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee B (Post 14368218)
Can someone help me out as to what Jairo has done in a Palace shirt to justify the faith some on here have in him? I just donít see it.

I donít think heís a bad player but I just donít think that heís suited to the Premier League. He doesnít look to be quick enough.

This really. nothing against the bloke and he may well turn out ok. But he has plenty ahead of him now and really done nothing to warrant being a starter at this level at the moment.

eagleborn 03-08-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 14368257)
This really. nothing against the bloke and he may well turn out ok. But he has plenty ahead of him now and really done nothing to warrant being a starter at this level at the moment.

But was anyone suggesting he should be a starter? No different to Williams, Kirby, Kai Kai etc who people repeatedly want to see. None of them have done enough (or anything) at this level to warrant a place but people still want it.

I think a loan would be good for Riedewald, but even if not, I haven't seen enough to say he can't be a squad player.

thefox 03-08-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyd (Post 14368257)

He may have a few more infront of him. We don't know if the new players will come good or be as bad as fans of their old clubs say they are.
Luka hasn't had a pre-season. Puncheon has lost it.

rambo1 03-08-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14368232)
I'd imagine that if we don't sell him by Weds, it's a last day loan on thursday.

Players can still be Loaned,to the Football League,until 31st of August.

LuieJack 03-08-2018 04:55 PM

I really feel JR has been silly not taking an opportunity to kick start his career at Swansea as playing on a regular basis would have enhanced his profile, he does not have a future at Palace regardless what some may think. He could well develop into a good ball playing CB in time, but will be fortunate to get into the midfield unless its in an emergency, his only chance that i can see will eventually be in Central defence but he is far from ready to step up any time soon, so the move would have helped his development.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 03-08-2018 05:07 PM

Quote:

I agree. Doesn't mean he couldn't come good but I haven't seen any evidence he will either.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 03-08-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

We may be willing to but that doesn't help us get the cash to buy the forward we want. So trying to sell/ part exchange him makes sense. If we can't do that we may consider a loan.

PemboExpress 03-08-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Agree.

Feel sorry for the lad coming in by way of FDB, but he is 1-2 seasons off being a potential starter in my eyes.

How many times did Roy make no substitutions rather than even bring him on off the bench for 5-20 mins ?