CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

CP-RJW 12-12-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15013496)
Wan-Bissaka may have had Wilf in his pocket in training but he certainly didn't at Old Trafford.

Inferior coaching at the wankers.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 12-12-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15013482)
Has Mitchell been impressing in training, pocketing Wilf like AWB was? If so, give him a chance. If not, I think it’s best to give it to the former Ajax and Dutch international player who’s played left back before.

Your point is correct in that I don't really know how he has been doing in training.

But the talk from Woosie was that he was ear marked to make cup appearances and make his first team debut this season prior to his injury. So I guess they must rate him and in pre - season he played there.

As ever the coaching team will be in a far better position to say than any of us but if he is genuinely considered a first team prospect for the position then we need to try him at some point. I trust Roy and the coaches to know if he is ready for that now or not.

I expect Jairo to play there just recognising there is another possibility. Well possibilities really, Tomkins to right back and Kelly to left also possible.

cockles 15-12-2019 01:40 PM

Great comments by RH. Need to big up a player in this situation who we now need to do well.

Quote:

“We haven’t been unimpressed by Jairo Riedewald these last two years, it’s just he’s been competing for a place in the centre of midfield, where we’ve been at our very strongest," said Hodgson.

“It’s not been easy for him to break in and wrest the shirt from the person who is doing well to keep it. Our results over the last couple of years, by our standards, have been pretty good.

“Now, if he plays left-back, he’ll have another opportunity in a totally different position to show what a good footballer he is.

“There’s no doubt that he has a lot of football skills and we’re hoping he brings those to bear. As a good footballer, we’re hoping he’ll be able to adapt to a different position."

MFBias 15-12-2019 07:41 PM

Wouldn’t it be great if he came in and threw his gauntlet down to challenge Van Aanholt for leftback. I’m dreaming but he does have a chance.

NorthCurveEagle 16-12-2019 01:52 PM

Okay, so I'm getting annoyed at how people are saying his name, as a Dutch speaker.

Yie-ro Ree-de-vault

The R's are throaty sounds. Like saying Loch or Dreich in Scots.

Martin H 16-12-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle (Post 15018341)
Okay, so I'm getting annoyed at how people are saying his name, as a Dutch speaker.

Yie-ro Ree-de-vault

Ahhh so you are saying it isn't Giro Readervalve then?

:) oops, fetching my coat.....

Timbo 16-12-2019 02:01 PM

I'll be sticking with Giro for now I think, I have a sore throat already

NorthCurveEagle 16-12-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15018343)

:veryangry

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 03:32 PM

G-row ride-a-bike

brooklynlou 16-12-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15018343)

I always thought is was more Gyro than Giro. Like the sandwich …

chateauferret 16-12-2019 05:03 PM

. duplicate FFS.

chateauferret 16-12-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthCurveEagle (Post 15018341)

Yie-ro Ree-de-vault

Well I don't speak Dutch but the "ch" in loch and the "ch" in dreich are two different sounds. The first is the ach-Laut in German Bach, Loch; the second is the ich-Laut in ich[, München. I thought that Dutch had similar phonology and that that "r" is guttural and deep in the throat but not equivalent to either because it was trilled. But then the sound they make for the G in Gullitt's name is also down there: it's more like the gh in Middle English (it was written there like a greek 3 below the line). And don't the do something else similar when they see an H? I couldn't get through 's Gravenhage without getting tonsilitis.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 05:38 PM

Anyway, presuming he does start tonight it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Sounds like Jeff will be out for a few months and PVA for a while too. So he may be asked do the role for a while.

norwoodeagle 16-12-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15018587)
Anyway, presuming he does start tonight it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Sounds like Jeff will be out for a few months and PVA for a while too. So he may be asked do the role for a while.

Let's let him know that with every tackle and clearance that we support him. He hasn't had much to smile about over the last couple of years.

Reps AJ 16-12-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15018587)

Here's hoping he does a good job!

Needs to get his career back on track either with us or somewhere else (as does Meyer) so this is his chance for game time. Can he take advantage?

xmasape 16-12-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 15018568)
Well I don't speak Dutch but the "ch" in loch and the "ch" in dreich are two different sounds. The first is the ach-Laut in German Bach, Loch; the second is the ich-Laut in ich[, München. I thought that Dutch had similar phonology and that that "r" is guttural and deep in the throat but not equivalent to either because it was trilled. But then the sound they make for the G in Gullitt's name is also down there: it's more like the gh in Middle English (it was written there like a greek 3 below the line). And don't the do something else similar when they see an H? I couldn't get through 's Gravenhage without getting tonsilitis.

I just call him Jerry Reed. Much easier.

bubbs11 16-12-2019 06:33 PM

The one thing Jairo would bring is more creativity when going forward. He’s got good technical ability as you’d expect from someone schooled by Ajax. Not sure yet whether he can play that left back role but if he can look a half competent defender then happy days.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15018651)
The one thing Jairo would bring is more creativity when going forward. He’s got good technical ability as you’d expect from someone schooled by Ajax. Not sure yet whether he can play that left back role but if he can look a half competent defender then happy days.

PVA brings more creativity than I would expect Jairo to.

Schlupp scored a pretty good goal from that position recently too.

Tim 16-12-2019 08:39 PM

You can tell he hasn’t played regular football for a while. Looks well off the pace!

thomasbroad 16-12-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15019134)
You can tell he hasn’t played regular football for a while. Looks well off the pace!

I'd be surprised if he lasted the 90.

Martin H 16-12-2019 08:44 PM

TBH he is really exposed by the 2 in front of him and being left in huge spaces 1 on 1. Tough gig for him unless we reorganise.

Tim 16-12-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasbroad (Post 15019157)
I'd be surprised if he lasted the 90.

You called it right fella!

jaspercpfc 16-12-2019 08:46 PM

subbed. Bye bye JR, massively out of his depth.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 08:49 PM

Obviously not doing it tonight but might Mitchell get a chance soon?

spt1978 16-12-2019 08:55 PM

Beneaglee 16-12-2019 08:58 PM

Stealing a living.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 09:03 PM

As I said in the week, we should play the best left back we have available. And that's Mitchell.

Jairo there was always unlikely to cope and Jimmy McArthur? Please, Roy

kark 16-12-2019 09:46 PM

Jairo’s a fairly tidy midfielder who can pass, not a CB or Left back

Played out of position, exposed by Wilf in the first half as well didn’t help either

Martin H 16-12-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15019364)
As I said in the week, we should play the best left back we have available. And that's Mitchell.

Jairo there was always unlikely to cope and Jimmy McArthur? Please, Roy

Tbh I thought Macca did really well at LB. I agree with your principle but I as I said midweek, Mitchell hasn't played 90 mins for U23 since his injury and to expect him to step up without fitness is asking too much I think.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15019693)
Tbh I thought Macca did really well at LB. I agree with your principle but I as I said midweek, Mitchell hasn't played 90 mins for U23 since his injury and to expect him to step up without fitness is asking too much I think.

That's true re. his fitness but the position looked a massive problem for us tonight.

I thought Jimmy did OK and at least competed better physically that Jairo. But he still looked (understandably) out of place.

Crofty 16-12-2019 09:49 PM

He was toilet....end of.

Crofty 16-12-2019 09:49 PM

3 or 4 defensive mistakes in the first few minutes

WashDCEagle 16-12-2019 09:50 PM

Jairo needs to go and that has nothing to do with tonight. Yes he was awful, but nobody can be shocked by that. It often gets said as an insult, but Jairo truly is a championship caliber footballer. And that's ok. It's a living. But, this is just not working out.

Old Joe Paxton 16-12-2019 09:52 PM

It was unfortunate on Jairo. Exposed and not his position. But can see in a more progressive team he would do well passing out from the back, from centre of midfield in a pgogressiv club..like Brighton.

We are fairly Neanderthal in the way we play. Bit harsh. Maybe homo erectus.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton (Post 15019721)
It was unfortunate on Jairo. Exposed and not his position. But can see in a more progressive team he would do well passing out from the back, from centre of midfield in a pgogressiv club..like Brighton.

We are fairly Neanderthal in the way we play. Bit harsh. Maybe homo erectus.

I just don't see that he has the attributes to play full back. I said he coped fairly well considering the situation at Watford but just doesn't have the game to play there in the Premier League.

Martin H 16-12-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15019696)
That's true re. his fitness but the position looked a massive problem for us tonight.

I thought Jimmy did OK and at least competed better physically that Jairo. But he still looked (understandably) out of place.

I thought the combination of us trying to press high with Benteke failing to block the CBs and DM in that press meant they consistently broke out leaving our mid 3 too high to cover the FBs. Once we stopped the high press we coped better but by then he had taken Jairo off. So Macca had cover from first McCarthy and then Meyer.

I think first half we were trying to do the right thing to exploit their weaknesses against the press but the front 3 can't do it. Suspect if Andros, Wilf and Jordan were up front we would have fared better. Tbf to CB he woke up in the last 20 and did well.

maestro 16-12-2019 09:58 PM

not really his fault but was pretty shit

CPFC247 16-12-2019 09:59 PM

Think he was injured, even though he was pretty poor? Not his fault, as jimmy proved equally badly you can’t just stick a midfielder at left back.

st albans 16-12-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 15019753)

Pretty much sums it up

El Aguila 16-12-2019 10:00 PM

Never ever a full back in this division. Let’s not kid ourselves any more.

jobiinthelastmi 16-12-2019 10:01 PM

Experiment over

Throw a kid in, two of the worst left back performances since Borrowdale or Jeff Hughes tonight.

Golf Boy 16-12-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15019745)
I thought the combination of us trying to press high with Benteke failing to block the CBs and DM in that press meant they consistently broke out leaving our mid 3 too high to cover the FBs. Once we stopped the high press we coped better but by then he had taken Jairo off. So Macca had cover from first McCarthy and then Meyer.

I think first half we were trying to do the right thing to exploit their weaknesses against the press but the front 3 can't do it. Suspect if Andros, Wilf and Jordan were up front we would have fared better. Tbf to CB he woke up in the last 20 and did well.

If you are going to press them Benteke is not your man. You need a Hardy type player.

Jon_C-Pal 16-12-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi (Post 15019770)
Experiment over

Throw a kid in, two of the worst left back performances since Borrowdale or Jeff Hughes tonight.

This. No way could Mitchell possibly put in a worse performance than JR or JM at left back and, who knows, we might even actually be able to use our Leftback to attack, like has been so successful for us this year.

Mr Palace 16-12-2019 10:07 PM

Why didn’t he play Mitchell?!

Riedewald is so clearly not a left back and to play McArthur there was bizarre.

Martin H 16-12-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 15019781)
If you are going to press them Benteke is not your man. You need a Hardy type player.

I don't think Wilf is great at it either and for it to work you need more than 1 up there that that is effective. The problem is if you go for it and don't do it effectively your FBs are in big trouble. TBH Kelly was given the runaround as well as Jairo in the first half. Roy sorted that out at HT but took a while for us to get on top and that happened really when Ayew was pushed further inside. McCarthy made a real impact covering a lot of ground, winning it and pushing us forward. Meyer was tidy and added to that although was bounced off in the challenge a few times (not a problem today but... has to set this) but did well.

WashDCEagle 16-12-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestro (Post 15019753)

I think we can end this thread right there. I have no hard feelings against Jairo. Believe he did his best, but this has to end. Don't believe he's actually a Premier League footballer and that's ok - few are.

palacelad197o 16-12-2019 10:10 PM

Don't think we will see him again in a palace shirt

xian1 16-12-2019 10:13 PM

He was try to stretch out his thigh towards end of 1st half so magbe injury

Tim 16-12-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacelad197o (Post 15019821)
Don't think we will see him again in a palace shirt

Not a first team one anyway.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15019765)
Never ever a full back in this division. Let’s not kid ourselves any more.

Yep. I was surprised some did think he could play there in anything bar a real emergency. I gave him credit for handling it well at Watford but had a feeling tonight would be bad if he started there.

Unless we decide Mitchell is the answer while we wait for PVA, Schlupp and/ or Ward to return, then we should start trying to sign a left back, even if just on loan, right now. As close to January 1st as possible. Moxey and Parr looked better than what we saw tonight.

Excowboy 16-12-2019 10:19 PM

Roy saying he picked up an injury in training which was the reason he was taken off at HT

Quote:

Injured, he was injured, touch and go before the game. Yesteday’s training, he some how got a slight knock on his hip which until the warm up looked like it was going to keep him out entirely. He said he was able to play but he was only able to last until half time.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-12-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15019862)
Roy saying he picked up an injury in training which was the reason he was taken off at HT

So does that mean we might persist with him at the weekend?

I hope not personally.

Hedgehog 16-12-2019 10:31 PM

I thought he was doing OK further up the field but horribly exposed when doing left back duties.

MFBias 16-12-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15019862)

Quote:
Injured, he was injured, touch and go before the game. Yesteday’s training, he some how got a slight knock on his hip which until the warm up looked like it was going to keep him out entirely. He said he was able to play but he was only able to last until half time.

So you are telling me:

Hodgson played a player who has a knock, a player who hasn’t played for two year, playing him out of position, against our biggest rivals.... would you?

He clearly is protected him, and fair play for that.

Mr Palace 16-12-2019 10:35 PM

I’m slightly relieved to hear he was injured as he was awful. So slow.

art malice 16-12-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15019903)
Quote:

So you are telling me:

Hodgson played a player who has a knock, a player who hasn’t played for two year, playing him out of position, against our biggest rivals.... would you?

He clearly is protected him, and fair play for that.

Indeed.

Jman 16-12-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15019903)
Quote:

So you are telling me:

Well that or playing a starting center mid there and rearranging the midfield just before kick off or throwing in a kid for his debut whos fitness has to be questionable after a long lay off.

Tough choices for old Roy.

Palace43 16-12-2019 10:39 PM

He Was absolutely dreadful. 25000 people in the crowd and I’d have taken a good bet that there was a handful of spectators who could’ve done a better job in that 45 minutes.

I’m probably being harsh, if I was being fair he made a couple of decent passes. Aside from that, he got ruined.

MFBias 16-12-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jman (Post 15019917)
Well that or playing a starting center mid there and rearranging the midfield just before kick off or throwing in a kid for his debut whos fitness has to be questionable after a long lay off.

Tough choices for old Roy.

He did start a centre mid there...

Jman 16-12-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15019924)
He did start a centre mid there...

Yes but not a "starting" centre mid as in one who had been training all week to play there. Organisation is no.1 for Roy and he wouldnt want to rewrite the playbook 10 mins before kick off.

MFBias 16-12-2019 10:46 PM

He got hooked for being well off the pace and badly out of position. Im not buying the PR move by Hodgson.

stumpy feelers 16-12-2019 10:57 PM

Sorry but nowhere near good enough.

El Aguila 16-12-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15019946)
He got hooked for being well off the pace and badly out of position. Im not buying the PR move by Hodgson.

I think you’re right.

thomasbroad 16-12-2019 10:59 PM

Almost felt a bit embarrassed for him.
Got absolutely near anything and was beyond slow.

If Mitchell hadn't been injured earlier in the season, he'd be starting.

Dan A 16-12-2019 11:03 PM

To be fair to him he wasnt given much help but Zaha/one of our CM's.

Reps AJ 16-12-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15018602)
Here's hoping he does a good job!

Needs to get his career back on track either with us or somewhere else (as does Meyer) so this is his chance for game time. Can he take advantage?

Oh well.

Captain Black 16-12-2019 11:09 PM

Quote:

If there was an injury, it was because he was taken round the back and shot.

cpfc4evandeva 16-12-2019 11:10 PM

I didn't think he was horrendous, but I also thought we looked better after he came off...

Reps AJ 16-12-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15020033)
I didn't think he was horrendous, but I also thought we looked better after he came off...

He looked ring rusty more than anything... unsurprisingly.

However, Meyer hasn't been playing much and looked a lot sharper

Thefunkymonk 16-12-2019 11:18 PM

He was injured, not match fit, playing out of position. Can’t criticise him imo.

Old Bill 16-12-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 15020067)
He was injured, not match fit, playing out of position. Can’t criticise him imo.

Agree

MFBias 16-12-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Black (Post 15020028)
If there was an injury, it was because he was taken round the back and shot.

Hahahaha

philsick 16-12-2019 11:36 PM

He should never have started. He was limping and stretching his hip out after about 20 mins. He didn't get alot of help from wilf or others down that side either. Tbh kelly on the otherside wasn't much better 1st half.

Martin H 16-12-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Hadn't realised he was struggling to start due to injury. Hip problem which is always difficult to cope with and TBH surprised he could start. Probably felt he had to take the chance while it was there and that plus the team shape/performance left both Jairo and Martin K very exposed until things changed at HT.

So I think you are right but I doubt he will be given much on here.

MFBias 16-12-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 15020117)
He should never have started. He was limping and stretching his hip out after about 20 mins. He didn't get alot of help from wilf or others down that side either. Tbh kelly on the otherside wasn't much better 1st half.

When Tomkins is your ‘speedster’ in the backline you are in trouble.

Shipp Ahoy! 16-12-2019 11:43 PM

In a way I'm glad he was injured as it explains how utterly shite he was!

GrayP41ace 16-12-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

He was stretching his groin from the 20 minute mark and several times before half time and definitely walked off in some discomfort.

Wilf did him no favours, and if he really was injured before hand, he should be ashamed of himself. Just not playing for the team at all there.

Yoda 16-12-2019 11:51 PM

Quote:

It does strike me as the football equivalent of ‘diplomatic flu’.

He has frequently not defending close enough to his man, and then didn’t have the pace to make up ground on anyone running through. He showed some signs of this weakness during the Watford match too.

Basic fitness looks the issue to me and he shouldn’t be near the first team unless that is addressed.

On the more positive side, I think he showed skill in some of his passes. Problem is, in the EPL you aren’t much use if your skill isn’t combined with physical fitness.

Mictor Voses 17-12-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Looked overweight to me.

red&blue_moomin 17-12-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15020033)

He did fine. He managed to make some tackles/blocks and was one of the better passers of the ball. Macca was dogshit at LB. Brightons goal came from Macca being hopeless at LB. Everytime he got the ball he had to stop and check back to get it onto his right foot. Thus letting a Brighton player close him down or flat out get the ball off him.

Roy has admitted he got the tactics totally wrong. Our midfield in the first half was awful. Brighton played around us and got at our backline constantly.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 17-12-2019 12:13 AM

Obviously I don't know the truth but this 'alright to play but could only last 45 minutes' line does sound a little bit convenient.

It's like 'yeah, I can play there gaffer, but don't blame me too much if I'm crap, I've got this slight niggle.'

Goes out, plays crap and then at half-time 'Yeah, it's this niggle, I'm struggling, I don't think I can play any more'.

I know I sound suspicious but I've just never been convinced by his body language, mentality or if he's really up for the fight. After so long out I would have expected him to be chomping at the bit, desperate for a chance to prove himself and willing to put any pain to the back of his mind and play through it. There was no sign of it being so painful he simply couldn't carry on, in fact no sign of an injury at all. Compare that to Scott Dann the other week at Burnley. Jairo just comes across as the kind of player who wants to hide.

Ian Hart 17-12-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 15020169)
It does strike me as the football equivalent of ‘diplomatic flu’.

I understand why people would jump to that conclusion.

But I tuned into Radio 5 at half time, and Clinton Morrison was saying he would be surprised if he came out second half as he knew for a fact that he'd got an injury in training, and it had been touch and go if he would be fit enough to start - and so CM had been watching him closely and was sure the injury was troubling him

MFBias 17-12-2019 12:16 AM

If it’s true, fair play to him for pulling on a shirt.

red&blue_moomin 17-12-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Macca was total dogshit at LB. Their goal came from Macca wandering off and not knowing what he was doing. As soon as Macca was on at LB we looked even worse than we had in the first half. Their number 11 was on him constantly and he did terribly. Jairo was ok. Macca was terrible.

Dave Hedgehog 17-12-2019 12:18 AM

Injured or not, he looks out of shape.

red&blue_moomin 17-12-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15020205)
Obviously I don't know the truth but this 'alright to play but could only last 45 minutes' line does sound a little bit convenient.

It's like 'yeah, I can play there gaffer, but don't blame me too much if I'm crap, I've got this slight niggle.'

Goes out, plays crap and then at half-time 'Yeah, it's this niggle, I'm struggling, I don't think I can play any more'.

I know I sound suspicious but I've just never been convinced by his body language, mentality or if he's really up for the fight. After so long out I would have expected him to be chomping at the bit, desperate for a chance to prove himself and willing to put any pain to the back of his mind and play through it. There was no sign of it being so painful he simply couldn't carry on, in fact no sign of an injury at all. Compare that to Scott Dann the other week at Burnley. Jairo just comes across as the kind of player who wants to hide.

You're being an incredible incredible incredible total dickhead here. An injured player has gone out and played and then done himself. Most fans would applaud that. Clearly not you.

I mean clearly Roy Hodgson and Clinton Morrison are liars. FFS embarrasing.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 17-12-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 15020220)
You're being an incredible incredible incredible total dickhead here. An injured player has gone out and played and then done himself. Most fans would applaud that. Clearly not you.

I mean clearly Roy Hodgson and Clinton Morrison are liars. FFS embarrasing.

HAHA

It's just an opinion/ theory. I haven't called Roy or Clinton liars, you... oh I don't know, incredible incredible incredible total dickhead? I am saying the player may be making more of the injury than was really there. As I said it sounds a bit convenient from his point of view. It's also clear I'm not the only one on here isn't completely convinced about the story.

I didn't see any sign of him struggling with an injury - I just saw him struggling to play at left back (which I do in part understand as well because it isn't his most suited position). If he was badly injured I would be surprised he felt able to start and would have expected him to show signs of the injury too. Doesn't mean I'm right, just observing that it sounds like a bit of a convenient excuse. Especially when it is in the context of a player who has turned down good loan moves because according to reports, he wasn't prepared to go unless guaranteed first team football. He has never seemed quite up for the fight to prove himself to me.

MFBias 17-12-2019 12:26 AM

Ignore the windup merchant. I never knew Danny Butterfield had small man syndrome.

Hedgehog 17-12-2019 01:27 AM

To be fair, I didn't notice Jeffrey Schlupp looking injured in the first half of the Watford game before he went off.

Martin H 17-12-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 15020205)

Hip injuries are very difficult to play through although I don't know exactly what type of hip injury he has. My surprise is more that he managed to get through a supervised fitness test without it being clear that he wouldn't make it. Can see how he might kid himself he was fit with the scale of opportunity on offer but surprised he could get past the docs.

Essexeagle 17-12-2019 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15020268)
Hip injuries are very difficult to play through although I don't know exactly what type of hip injury he has. My surprise is more that he managed to get through a supervised fitness test without it being clear that he wouldn't make it. Can see how he might kid himself he was fit with the scale of opportunity on offer but surprised he could get past the docs.

Could be one of those ones that you can loosen up, but when you are actually playing, taking contact and it stiffens up it really affects your mobility. Am guessing the coaching staff wanted him to be fit.

First half - Jairo isn't that fit and gets no protection
Second half - Macca is playing as left back and looks totally and utterly lost

bern5161 17-12-2019 06:19 AM

He may not know how to play left back but he does know his way around a knife and fork

TheCharmer1 17-12-2019 06:20 AM

presumably its easier to get injuries when you're not match fit and don't play many u23 games?

glaziers fan 17-12-2019 06:53 AM

Jairo played some good passes to begin with. Looked unfit though, and I’m sure his Palace career is now over. Feel for him.

aj4england 17-12-2019 09:16 AM

Needs to play instead of Luka in a game or two , to really see what he can do or not

MFBias 17-12-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15020531)
Needs to play instead of Luka in a game or two , to really see what he can do or not

McCarthy is well ahead of him. We would play Meyer or Camarasa ahead of him using Kouyate instead of Milivojevic long before Riedewald gets a start.

Yoda 17-12-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15020531)

Needs to work on his core fitness before he could play that role, whether he had an injury yesterday or not.

Kai 17-12-2019 09:55 AM

Jairo was no worse than rest of the team. By far the worst players out there were Luka, Macca and Kouyate and they are in the team every bloody week no matter what

Green Bin 17-12-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 15020204)
He did fine. He managed to make some tackles/blocks and was one of the better passers of the ball. Macca was dogshit at LB. Brightons goal came from Macca being hopeless at LB. Everytime he got the ball he had to stop and check back to get it onto his right foot. Thus letting a Brighton player close him down or flat out get the ball off him.

Roy has admitted he got the tactics totally wrong. Our midfield in the first half was awful. Brighton played around us and got at our backline constantly.

I also thought he was doing Ok and was surprised he came off. Made some good tackles, and blocks, some decent passes and also got forward a couple of times. Not helped by how slow our midfield was (only Macca got forward or really challenged anyone) and Benteke first half was jogging around, 'sort of' closing down players but actually giving them the time to do just what they wanted. Wilf was in no-mans land in the first half.

Jasper 17-12-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai (Post 15020598)
Jairo was no worse than rest of the team. By far the worst players out there were Luka, Macca and Kouyate and they are in the team every bloody week no matter what

With Luka, Macca and Kouyate in the team every bloody week we are 9th with 23 points and haven't lost to a team outside the top 7.