CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recommend a TV programme (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187551)

Thanet Eagle 11-08-2016 11:29 AM

Transparent on Amazon Prime is excellent.

Nostrils 11-08-2016 09:14 PM

Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought Preacher was fantastic. Really good cast and came across as a labour of love for all involved. The Irish hedonistic vampire was particularly funny. Brilliant.

Edit - D'oh! Removed accidental quote.

Pistol Knight 21-08-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 13135752)
Quite liking Mr Robot at present.
Rewatching Psych - still enjoying it though I accept it might not b for everyone.

I love MR Robot just caught up to date 2nd series, proper messes with your head

Nostrils 21-08-2016 05:15 PM

Just watched the first episode of The Get Down on Netflix. Set in The Bronx in late 70's at the birth of hip hop. It's got Grandmaster Flash as a character for crying out loud! I like it.

Stellavista 21-08-2016 06:28 PM

Why hasn't a mod changed the title of this thread to 'Recommend a US TV Programme'?

Jim Cannon 21-08-2016 06:35 PM

Braquo
Gomorrah

brighton_eagle 21-08-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13152830)
Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought Preacher was fantastic. Really good cast and came across as a labour of love for all involved. The Irish hedonistic vampire was particularly funny. Brilliant.

Edit - D'oh! Removed accidental quote.

Preacher is great. Really looking forward to the second series when it should really get going. 'Angel hands'

Nostrils 21-08-2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brighton_eagle (Post 13178665)
Preacher is great. Really looking forward to the second series when it should really get going. 'Angel hands'

Ruth Negga is a little bit lovely too.

danpalace07 21-08-2016 08:44 PM

finished Outcast S1. Highly recommend it.

Nostrils 21-08-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13178465)
Why hasn't a mod changed the title of this thread to 'Recommend a US TV Programme'?

The last foreign language tv programme that I watched was The Tunnel, a remake of the excellent Danish/Swedish series The Bridge.

The Bridge was probably better, but I still enjoyed The Tunnel, mainly due to the cast and the chemistry of the characters.

I also plan to watch Gomorrah, that Mr Cannon has just recommended, but the Mrs isn't too keen on gangster, so will have to put that one on hold.

Thread title saved!:lux:

si1965 21-08-2016 10:33 PM

Looking forward to the HBO version of Westworld with Anthony Hopkins and Ed Wood. Loved the original film - hopefully the update will do it justice

tasty_snacks 22-08-2016 11:21 AM

Just discovered an outstanding American animated series - Rick and Morty.

A mad, bad but endearing scientist travels through time and space with his insecure but underrated grandson against a backdrop of quasi-functional day to day suburban life.

Stumbled across it after the creators guest animated an intro to The Simpson.



It's outstanding, check it out.

SgtStryker 22-08-2016 03:09 PM

Gomorrah, absolutely brilliant. Not one likeable character, all nasty vermin but so realistic. Not a great advert for Naples where it is set, and beware of anyone riding a scooter!

weltklasse 22-08-2016 03:16 PM

Sillicon Valley - hillarious fayre

pallet 22-08-2016 03:22 PM

Just to back up what everyone is saying Gomorrah is simply outstanding.

weltklasse 22-08-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13179965)
Just to back up what everyone is saying Gomorrah is simply outstanding.

I loved the movie in a grim and nihilistic with a tiny smidgin of hope sort of way. Is the series simmilar?

pallet 22-08-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 13179973)
I loved the movie in a grim and nihilistic with a tiny smidgin of hope sort of way. Is the series simmilar?

I have nt seen the film but the characters in the series are very believable and very hard to like. It is very intense stuff.

dbutler 22-08-2016 04:43 PM

Bluestone 42 was the last decent series i saw on tv.

Crozzy71 22-08-2016 04:46 PM

The Sopranos
Brotherhood
Veep
Silicon Valley
Show me a Hero
Billions

Jim Cannon 22-08-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weltklasse (Post 13179973)
I loved the movie in a grim and nihilistic with a tiny smidgin of hope sort of way. Is the series simmilar?

Series is miles better than the film

Jim Cannon 22-08-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13180033)
I have nt seen the film but the characters in the series are very believable and very hard to like. It is very intense stuff.

Yup, though Ciro seemed alrightish to start with....:supergrin:

Dingle 22-08-2016 07:11 PM

Another thumbs up for Gomorrah here. Great television.

mushroom 22-08-2016 07:42 PM

Has anyone seen Ballers, is it worth getting in to?

BERT'S HEAD 22-08-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 13180407)
Has anyone seen Ballers, is it worth getting in to?

I like it. Caught a few episodes on a flight and was pleasantly surprised as I am no grid iron fan. But I do like The Rock, which helps.

si1965 26-08-2016 07:06 PM

Narcos Season 2
2nd Seprember on Netflix

Dobbo 26-08-2016 07:19 PM

Probably a bit old hat now, but if you just fancy 45 or 90 mins of easy viewing watch The Good Wife on Netflix.
However, if you want something a bit spicier, Orange is the New Black never disappoints.

croydonexile 26-08-2016 07:37 PM

Californication

GlaziertoEagle 26-08-2016 07:44 PM

I watch way too much TV so I won't bore you all with too many shows, but given the other recommendations on here I thought I'd mention a couple.

Sky is about to start showing the HBO show The Night Of, very absorbing drama (which I can't summarise too much without giving plot details away)

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Stranger Things, the show has been a massive hit state-side and I absolutely loved it. Brilliant show that is a fantastic homage to 80's cult films while still being a great original story.

If you like Danny McBride's previous comedies (Eastbound & Down, The Foot Fist Way) then you'll probably enjoy his new show Vice Principals. Basically a pretty nasty comedy based in a school.

Anyone else watch these shows?

disco mixx kidd 26-08-2016 07:49 PM

I liked eastbound and down but gave up on the night of

My favs are preacher,ballers ray Donovan

Suits is ok

Want to watch the others you mention

disco mixx kidd 26-08-2016 07:50 PM

Gomorrah Californication and orange black all good to

disco mixx kidd 26-08-2016 07:51 PM

If you liked Gomorrah

Romanza criminale is a must

leps 26-08-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlaziertoEagle (Post 13190737)
I watch way too much TV so I won't bore you all with too many shows, but given the other recommendations on here I thought I'd mention a couple.

Sky is about to start showing the HBO show The Night Of, very absorbing drama (which I can't summarise too much without giving plot details away)

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Stranger Things, the show has been a massive hit state-side and I absolutely loved it. Brilliant show that is a fantastic homage to 80's cult films while still being a great original story.

If you like Danny McBride's previous comedies (Eastbound & Down, The Foot Fist Way) then you'll probably enjoy his new show Vice Principals. Basically a pretty nasty comedy based in a school.

Anyone else watch these shows?

Stranger Things (on Netflix) is superb.

SgtStryker 26-08-2016 07:53 PM

Re watching Southland, one of the best cop series about
Loved Gomorrah
Ballers was ok Dwayne The Rock Johnson is always a good watch but the series was tissue thin, think football agents schmoozing and that's about it

danpalace07 26-08-2016 07:55 PM

only just started Stranger Things. No point in rushing it seeing as it's only 8 episodes. It's bloody great so far though, the acting, setting, score and everything is spot on

disco mixx kidd 26-08-2016 08:06 PM

The affair was OK

But the foreign show about a families fight over a will was superb, the legacy

CarlosTheFinger 26-08-2016 09:09 PM

Very much echo the praise of Silicon Valley. I was describing it to a mate the other day and ended up saying it was a brilliant comedy drama without any jokes or any properly dramatic scenes.

weltklasse 26-08-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13180335)
Series is miles better than the film

Wow that is praise indeed will try to check it out.

Jim Cannon 26-08-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd (Post 13190746)
If you liked Gomorrah

Romanza criminale is a must

Agree very good

disco mixx kidd 26-08-2016 10:27 PM

A prophet is good film to in similar vein

pallet 29-08-2016 07:56 AM

Just started to watch the get down on netflix. If you like old school hip hop and street art then this is for you.

Nostrils 29-08-2016 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13196390)
Just started to watch the get down on netflix. If you like old school hip hop and street art then this is for you.

Me too. Recommended it to some mates and got loads of grief after they watched it though. I do like it, but it's quite corny. There's a sort of Broadway feel about it, that isn't my sort of thing, but in for a penny...

pallet 29-08-2016 08:59 AM

Yeah a bit broadway and a bit mental:p

Eye-dee 29-08-2016 09:28 AM

Quite enjoyed the revamped Are You Being Served? and Porridge last night :)

Dorking .Eagle 29-08-2016 09:35 AM

Stumbled across the remade Porridge last night by accident. Storyline was good, albeit the writers went for too many 'titter' laughs along the script. Can't remember if the original had an audience laughing along or whether it was the perfect original cast, but the original was better to be honest.
Still enjoyed it, just not as good as the original. And the actor that played head warder 'Mackie' was trying too hard to copy Mackay from the original.

Nostrils 29-08-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eye-dee (Post 13196542)
Quite enjoyed the revamped Are You Being Served? and Porridge last night :)

When I was a kid I loved porridge and could never understand the problem with gong to prison. I thought it looked alright, they always had a laugh and they had bunk beds. I always wanted bunk beds.

HRP 29-08-2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 13196557)
Stumbled across the remade Porridge last night by accident. Storyline was good, albeit the writers went for too many 'titter' laughs along the script. Can't remember if the original had an audience laughing along or whether it was the perfect original cast, but the original was better to be honest.
Still enjoyed it, just not as good as the original. And the actor that played head warder 'Mackie' was trying too hard to copy Mackay from the original.

Sorry have to disagree , the story was so unbelievable it's as if a 10 year old had wrote it.

switchboard 31-08-2016 01:10 PM

Only just came across these so sorry if it is common knowledge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006pn88

BERT'S HEAD 31-08-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchboard (Post 13202673)
Only just came across these so sorry if it is common knowledge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006pn88

Cheers for that, some good watching there.

Pistol Knight 01-09-2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13196390)
Just started to watch the get down on netflix. If you like old school hip hop and street art then this is for you.

Just finished it, :lux::lux::lux::lux: the soundtrack was the dogs, like the way they blended old footage into the mix plenty of scope to take it much further, 2nd series soon please

SgtStryker 04-09-2016 05:01 PM

Narcos season 2. Binge watching atm, great series but I have to keep asking my missus what happened in season 1. Loads more violence though so it's all good.

Nostrils 04-09-2016 08:54 PM

The Night Of. 1 episode in, but can tell it's going to be good. Proves it's possible to do realistic without using shaky cam.

Dave 04-09-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchboard (Post 13202673)
Only just came across these so sorry if it is common knowledge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006pn88

I'm obsessed by the Brian eno theme music

Oddjob 05-09-2016 12:05 PM

Just started Peaky Blinders and am loving it, finished season 1 in a day - Cillian Murphy is a great actor and the setting is superb.

Also watched The Secret with James Nesbitt, not usually a fan of his as I think he is a bit of a one trick pony but its brilliant, true story of a couple who have an affair and then conspire to kill their other halves. JN is pretty chilling in it though he is hugely helped by whats a fascinating (and tragic) story.

switchboard 05-09-2016 12:08 PM

The Fall - Picked up both series for cheap in CEX and binged them in 2 days. I believe a third series is about to air sometime in the near future. Really good drama about a serial killer and the police hunt set in Northern Ireland.

JackTheBiscuit 05-09-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchboard (Post 13211753)
The Fall - Picked up both series for cheap in CEX and binged them in 2 days. I believe a third series is about to air sometime in the near future. Really good drama about a serial killer and the police hunt set in Northern Ireland.

.....................and Gillian Anderson :love:

Stellavista 05-09-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13211244)
I'm obsessed by the Brian eno theme music

Co-written with the great Harold Budd. If you like it, check out Budd's albums. Superb.

pallet 05-09-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13211748)
Just started Peaky Blinders and am loving it, finished season 1 in a day - Cillian Murphy is a great actor and the setting is superb.

Also watched The Secret with James Nesbitt, not usually a fan of his as I think he is a bit of a one trick pony but its brilliant, true story of a couple who have an affair and then conspire to kill their other halves. JN is pretty chilling in it though he is hugely helped by whats a fascinating (and tragic) story.

Lived Peaky blinders however season 3 is abit of a let down.

GlaziertoEagle 05-09-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13211126)
The Night Of. 1 episode in, but can tell it's going to be good. Proves it's possible to do realistic without using shaky cam.

The whole series is really good. Enjoy.

brighton_eagle 06-09-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 13210614)
Narcos season 2. Binge watching atm, great series but I have to keep asking my missus what happened in season 1. Loads more violence though so it's all good.

Thanks. Didn't realise the second season was out.

Thanet Eagle 06-09-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13196390)
Just started to watch the get down on netflix. If you like old school hip hop and street art then this is for you.

Loving The Get Down on Netflix !

Mat ov CPFC 06-09-2016 10:31 AM

Found myself sitting down in front of the telly last night for the first time in ages and channel hopping when I came across this....

http://www.itv.com/hub/the-murder-of...ey/2a4328a0004

Chilling does not describe it and the reality of how real life nutters act is far more terrifying than any fictional account.

Martin H 06-09-2016 11:23 AM

This is more of a boxset recommendation and TBH hardly a relevation to any one but we recently (finally) waded our way through the full 9 or so sets of 24. Probably the obvious has been said many a time by now but we really enjoyed it and I just wish there was more despite the repetition. It's great repetition! Just out of interest, how crap are the recruitment skills of CTU - just about every other person is a planted foreign spy!

Currently we are working our way through the Homeland series having watched the first 4 on DVD so that we could watch Series 5 that we had recorded a while back and has been sitting in the planner. It has the benefit of being shorter series and only half the number but this really is great TV. Having had a diet of 24 I am constantly dreading a favourite character being killed off in this but they have all held it together so far. don't spoil it for me I am only half way through. More series on the way next year I think and looking forward to it.

But where do we go from here until that starts ........?

Slimbloke'H' 06-09-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13213011)
This is more of a boxset recommendation and TBH hardly a relevation to any one but we recently (finally) waded our way through the full 9 or so sets of 24. Probably the obvious has been said many a time by now but we really enjoyed it and I just wish there was more despite the repetition. It's great repetition! Just out of interest, how crap are the recruitment skills of CTU - just about every other person is a planted foreign spy!

A completely irrelevant aside but talking of 'CTU', I think the telephone ringtone they use is just great. So much so I have it on my mobile. :)

SE25 exile 06-09-2016 12:19 PM

"Fleabag" (box set on BBC iPlayer)

Great writing and acting. Funny, rude, outrageous, human, great cast and very moving too.

SteveyHawking 06-09-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13213011)
This is more of a boxset recommendation and TBH hardly a relevation to any one but we recently (finally) waded our way through the full 9 or so sets of 24. Probably the obvious has been said many a time by now but we really enjoyed it and I just wish there was more despite the repetition. It's great repetition! Just out of interest, how crap are the recruitment skills of CTU - just about every other person is a planted foreign spy!

Currently we are working our way through the Homeland series having watched the first 4 on DVD so that we could watch Series 5 that we had recorded a while back and has been sitting in the planner. It has the benefit of being shorter series and only half the number but this really is great TV. Having had a diet of 24 I am constantly dreading a favourite character being killed off in this but they have all held it together so far. don't spoil it for me I am only half way through. More series on the way next year I think and looking forward to it.

But where do we go from here until that starts ........?

Deadwood if we're talking boxsets you can't get on Netflix/Amazon Prime. One of the best TV shows ever made.

Chris K 06-09-2016 01:21 PM

People Just Do Nothing

New series just started on BBC 3 and even better than the last 2

BaldEagle96 06-09-2016 01:28 PM

Can someone recommend if it worth downloading The Wire box sets off sky? Also don't want to search for threads on it as there may be spoilers there in case we decide to watch it.

Oddjob 06-09-2016 01:48 PM

Yes its worth it 100%

Payney 06-09-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaldEagle96 (Post 13213174)
Can someone recommend if it worth downloading The Wire box sets off sky? Also don't want to search for threads on it as there may be spoilers there in case we decide to watch it.

Nearly 15 years old but still Top notch TV.

pallet 06-09-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaldEagle96 (Post 13213174)
Can someone recommend if it worth downloading The Wire box sets off sky? Also don't want to search for threads on it as there may be spoilers there in case we decide to watch it.

Do it its brillant.

LDNEAGLE 06-09-2016 02:15 PM

Not sure if previously mentioned but Stranger Things is pretty good. Whilst the story arc isn't usually to my taste the child actors put the adult cast to shame with brilliant performances. Definitely worth watching.

switchboard 06-09-2016 02:19 PM

The Wire sits in the top 3 best tv shows ever made.

Mad Max 06-09-2016 02:46 PM

Downloaded the wire for my next set of nights :cool:

Brilliant box sets,
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy

BaldEagle96 06-09-2016 02:53 PM

Thanks for the replies on The Wire.

Just got one last series of Breaking Bad to watch and then will get on it..

Don't know how I missed these series first time around!!! Must have been before the BBS! :p

aj4england 06-09-2016 02:59 PM

Narcos season 2 just out. Loved season 1. Getting stuck into season 2 tonight.

JackTheBiscuit 06-09-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE25 exile (Post 13213088)
"Fleabag" (box set on BBC iPlayer)

Great writing and acting. Funny, rude, outrageous, human, great cast and very moving too.

Agree with this. Brutally funny at times but also some very sad and serious moments. Olivia Coleman magnificent again

Harry Bassett 06-09-2016 04:59 PM

A Swedish series ( sub titled) ,worth seeking out is Beck. well scripted stories.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 06-09-2016 05:40 PM

Amazon have a pilot out at the moment - Jean Claude Van Johnson - in which JCVD royally takes the piss out of himself. He 'plays' a fading movie star who doubles as a secret agent trying to win back the love of his life.

Promising start, could be well worth a watch if it becomes a series. A superhero pilot episode called 'The Tick' is also out, starring Brit actor Peter Serafonavicicicczk

Nostrils 20-09-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlaziertoEagle (Post 13212643)
The whole series is really good. Enjoy.

Just finished 'The Night Of' and thought it was a very good nuts and bolts crime drama. It didn't try to be too clever, the characters were believable and the cast was excellent, particularly John Turturro.

Mat ov CPFC 25-09-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE25 exile (Post 13213088)
"Fleabag" (box set on BBC iPlayer)

Great writing and acting. Funny, rude, outrageous, human, great cast and very moving too.

Given all the hype around this show, I sat down and watched it. And yes, it is funny, crude and a whole host of other adjectives.

But, and I accept that this might just be me, as it has progressed it seems to be getting darker and darker. Made me really think back to the earlier episodes and re-asses them in light of that. What was once funny in say episode 1 becomes, when you know how things pan out by 6, suddenly not so amusing anymore.

glenn.f 25-09-2016 01:19 PM

Anybody got into Wolf Creek, pretty brutal killer in it (same bloke as in the films plays him) and would certainly put you off visiting the outback areas of Australia. Story line has got a little daft in places but still worth a watch. Reminds me a bit of some of the older generation Oz films along the lines of the first couple of Mad Max films. Kept me and the missus hooked.

Oddjob 26-09-2016 11:44 AM

I wouldn't say I am into WC but have been watching, its OK but I don't actually like the main character very much which isn't helping me in wanting her to achieve the justice she wants

Oddjob 26-09-2016 11:44 AM

American Horror Story is back for season 6 and the opening episode is very encouraging, a marked improvement on the disappointing S5 I think.

Am Phibian 26-09-2016 12:09 PM

Narcos on netflix/putlocker/whatever.

Pablo Escoabar drama.

Excelente.

si1965 26-09-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13244870)
American Horror Story is back for season 6 and the opening episode is very encouraging, a marked improvement on the disappointing S5 I think.

Saw the first one and thought the way it built suspense was good. Cannot understand why the narrator characters (reporting their experiences) are different from the actual sequences? Is there something I am missing?

si1965 26-09-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking (Post 13213160)
Deadwood if we're talking boxsets you can't get on Netflix/Amazon Prime. One of the best TV shows ever made.

Agree with Deadwood - a 'realistic' view of the old west and Ian McShane plays a great role. Did need subtitles sometimes to keep up with the dialogue (endless profanity) though.
Its only drawback was it got canned before they could complete the final episodes so you are left somewhat unfulfilled at the end.

Thanet Eagle 26-09-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13244870)
American Horror Story is back for season 6 and the opening episode is very encouraging, a marked improvement on the disappointing S5 I think.

Really enjoying this after watching the first two episodes. Big improvement on the last few seasons IMO.

evvo111 26-09-2016 12:54 PM

Z Nation is back, along with South Park. Life is good again.

Ash 26-09-2016 01:03 PM

Fortitude and/or Angelby off Sky. Both brilliant.

Fatboy 26-09-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evvo111 (Post 13245016)
Z Nation is back, along with South Park. Life is good again.

Binge watched season 1+2 of Z nation during the summer.

Much more enjoyable than Fear of the Walking Dead.

Mat ov CPFC 26-09-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 13245031)

Much more enjoyable than Fear of the Walking Dead.

Amen to that. Zombies should be fun.

old git 26-09-2016 02:10 PM

Ripper street is worth a watch.

evvo111 26-09-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 13245031)
Binge watched season 1+2 of Z nation during the summer.

Much more enjoyable than Fear of the Walking Dead.

In season 3 Murphy is sporting a badge which reads Dead Sexy :)

Terrace Bickle 26-09-2016 08:48 PM

Life and Death Row : Love Triangle

I watched most of this series but missed this short serial of 8, which is still online. It has to be seen to be believed. One of the suspects is pure, pure evil, their continued lies leave you flabbergasted.

art malice 26-09-2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old git (Post 13245211)
Ripper street is worth a watch.

It is.

The new Cold Feet has been excellent as well. I bet wcb loves it.

Sambuccy 26-09-2016 10:27 PM

Anyone watched The Night Of on Sky Atlantic?

SJPLDN 26-09-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambuccy (Post 13246146)
Anyone watched The Night Of on Sky Atlantic?

Fantastic...proper dark and gritty, every character is done perfectly definitely worth a watch

SJPLDN 26-09-2016 10:34 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned but The Knick is one of the best TV shows I've watched in a while!

Clive Owen plays the main character and is flawless...been recommending it to everyone

Popester 27-09-2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambuccy (Post 13246146)
Anyone watched The Night Of on Sky Atlantic?

Only on the third episode, but am loving it.

I'm not that keen on the latest series of Ripper Street. It is too elaborate.

switchboard 29-09-2016 07:57 PM

Series 3 of The Fall is about to start on BBC.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.