CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recommend a TV programme (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187551)

Stellavista 15-11-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 13316027)
Oh just bring back TV programmes hosted by raving paedophiles.

At least you knew where they were, and what they were doing, when they were on the box.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...ing-344933.jpg

BERT'S HEAD 15-11-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13316142)
At least you knew where they were, and what they were doing, when they were on the box.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...ing-344933.jpg

I recognise that right shoulder as Stuart Hall's......

Chocky 15-11-2016 05:29 PM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...14_634x382.jpg

Jim Cannon 15-11-2016 07:27 PM

Has anyone seen Underbelly?

Nostrils 15-11-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13316253)
Has anyone seen Underbelly?

Lay off the beer and white bread and you'll see it in no time.

BERT'S HEAD 15-11-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13316253)
Has anyone seen Underbelly?

Saw it about five years ago. Absolutely loved it.

Terrace Bickle 15-11-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13316253)
Has anyone seen Underbelly?

Is that the Aussie crime series (I don't know of another)? There's quite a few now and I rate them, I've watched them all on DVD over the past few months. It's always interesting Googling the characters afterwards.

Terrace Bickle 15-11-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggineagle (Post 13282106)
Apparently The Missing Series 2 has already started so the missus tells me.

It's a bit far fetched plot wise, but compulsive viewing. I was expecting the twist at the end of the last episode, but the DIY job was a bit near the knuckle for close to the watershed.

Jim Cannon 15-11-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13316272)
Is that the Aussie crime series (I don't know of another)? There's quite a few now and I rate them, I've watched them all on DVD over the past few months. It's always interesting Googling the characters afterwards.

Yes Aussie. Have just ordered it as it looks very good

Jim Cannon 15-11-2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13316278)
It's a bit far fetched plot wise, but compulsive viewing. I was expecting the twist at the end of the last episode, but the DIY job was a bit near the knuckle for close to the watershed.

Never saw the first series but quite enjoying this. But yes very far fetched!

Chocky 16-11-2016 05:10 PM

Does anyone know where I can get the box set of Fingerbobs and Mary Mungo & Minge? I think the latter may be on pornhub somewhere. Probably both actually.

Terrace Bickle 16-11-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13316314)
Yes Aussie. Have just ordered it as it looks very good

They did a couple of spin-offs too. 'Tell them Lucifer was here' being one off them. I thought series 1-3 the best if the bunch.

Jim Cannon 16-11-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13317280)
They did a couple of spin-offs too. 'Tell them Lucifer was here' being one off them. I thought series 1-3 the best if the bunch.

Yes I am looking forward to watching it

Maidstoned Eagle 16-11-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 13317223)
Does anyone know where I can get the box set of Fingerbobs and Mary Mungo & Minge? I think the latter may be on pornhub somewhere. Probably both actually.

They're on You Tube, knock one out for free.

Stellavista 16-11-2016 07:02 PM

Andrew Graham-Dixon documentaries on Sikert and Bomberg. Fantastic.

fang 16-11-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13317338)
Andrew Graham-Dixon documentaries on Sikert and Bomberg. Fantastic.

Did you go to the 'Crisis of Brilliance' exhibition at the Dulwich Gallery?

Stellavista 16-11-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 13317346)
Did you go to the 'Crisis of Brilliance' exhibition at the Dulwich Gallery?

No, but I was always under the impression that Tonks hated all of them equally!
:D

fang 16-11-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13317350)
No, but I was always under the impression that Tonks hated all of them equally!
:D

Yes, not a fan of the modern.

SgtStryker 16-11-2016 09:49 PM

Boss. Kelsey Grammer is the Mayor of Chicago covering up past misdeeds and battling the onset of dementia. Saw a blurb about it in today's metro and it jogged my memory. I lost the plot a bit during series 2 but started out great. His daughter in it is a hottie as well!

spy 16-11-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13316314)
Yes Aussie. Have just ordered it as it looks very good

I've only seen season 1 when it was on TV here but it was pretty good. I think all the season are on Amazon prime

Oddjob 17-11-2016 08:43 AM

Catastrophe S2 is superb and Sharon Horgan is very attractive

Oddjob 17-11-2016 08:45 AM

Also started The Crown last night which is pretty epic, must have cost a fortune and has already taught me loads about the Royal family I didn't know, looks like it could be fascinating and John Lithgows Churchill is surprisingly good.

Oddjob 17-11-2016 08:46 AM

Blacklist S4, meh, think they are running out of ideas and the constant crossover of actors between various mid level US boxset shows doesn't help, Kai from Banshee has turfed up now in Blacklist.

davemorris04 17-11-2016 08:48 AM

The Wire - the best ever.
The Sopranos - the second best.
Both amazing.

Pidster 17-11-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13314281)
Is that the legal one on Prime? If so, it's next on the list.

That's the chap.

EagleSE24 17-11-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 13317548)
Boss. Kelsey Grammer is the Mayor of Chicago covering up past misdeeds and battling the onset of dementia. Saw a blurb about it in today's metro and it jogged my memory. I lost the plot a bit during series 2 but started out great. His daughter in it is a hottie as well!

I went to school with her in Dulwich.

Terrace Bickle 17-11-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemorris04 (Post 13317758)
The Wire - the best ever.
The Sopranos - the second best.
Both amazing.

I'd 'saved' watching series 5 of The Wire as I couldn't stomach the ridiculous plot (compared to the others) at the time. I've started watching it now, which as I'd left it so long now seems a bit of a treat. I'm still a little disappointed with the plot though.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 17-11-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE25 exile (Post 13213088)
"Fleabag" (box set on BBC iPlayer)

Great writing and acting. Funny, rude, outrageous, human, great cast and very moving too.

Apologies if this was already said elsewhere, but she also wrote and starred in another series called 'Crashing' which I quite enjoyed

Chocky 17-11-2016 06:02 PM

New series of Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish. Light hearted fun but very clever research in order to make it.

Jim Cannon 17-11-2016 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13317757)
Blacklist S4, meh, think they are running out of ideas and the constant crossover of actors between various mid level US boxset shows doesn't help, Kai from Banshee has turfed up now in Blacklist.

First couple of series were good then I got bored of it.

Terrace Bickle 17-11-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13317753)
Catastrophe S2 is superb and Sharon Horgan is very attractive

I'd like Sharon Horgan, Aisling Bea and a secluded island please.

little al 17-11-2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 13318244)
New series of Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish. Light hearted fun but very clever research in order to make it.

Every series has been great, Dave Gorman is really very very clever.

BERT'S HEAD 21-11-2016 10:17 AM

Storyville: The James Foley Story.

About the first American photo-journalist to be captured and executed by ISIS. Fantastic and heartbreaking.

On BBC catch-up.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 21-11-2016 10:24 AM

Watched Narcos on Netflix factional story of Pablo Escobar.

McGonagall 21-11-2016 11:17 AM

Apologies if anyone mentioned already anywhere on here - but documentary called Weiner on BBC4 I watched a few weeks back and was really good. About a US politician called Anthony Weiner who was running for mayor of New York. Much to the joy of the press our there - he was rather partial of sending pics of his, erm, weiner ... for want of a better word - to women he met online. Some pretty amazing footage of the scandals hitting and him and his team (and wife) trying to deal with it/spin it - felt very sorry for his wife in it all who seemed really conflcited between trying and wanting to support her husband and father of their newborn - but also obviously being furious and embarassed and all the rest of it - as well as also probably having half an eye on her own political career which the scandal was also said to be ruining (she was one of Hilary's closest aides too) . May still be on iPlayer and well worth a watch if it is.


Don't think it's incuded in the documentary, but you could also interpret if you really wanted to that he lost the election for Hilary and is to blame for the impending end of the world that is coming throrugh Trumps actions. All because of Weiner :rolleyes:

Jim Cannon 21-11-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 13324638)
Watched Narcos on Netflix factional story of Pablo Escobar.

It is excellent

Thanet Eagle 21-11-2016 11:34 AM

The Crown on Netflix. Surprisingly enjoyable.

SgtStryker 21-11-2016 04:51 PM

Just rewatching Fargo series 1. Absolute the mutts nuts. Martin Freeman from The Office nails the main character and Billy Bob Thornton plays a cold hit man. If you like your humor dark this is for you.

McGonagall 22-11-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 13325393)
Just rewatching Fargo series 1. Absolute the mutts nuts. Martin Freeman from The Office nails the main character and Billy Bob Thornton plays a cold hit man. If you like your humor dark this is for you.

Billy Bob Thornton character in that is one of my favourite in anything ever.

Thanet Eagle 22-11-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 13325393)
Just rewatching Fargo series 1. Absolute the mutts nuts. Martin Freeman from The Office nails the main character and Billy Bob Thornton plays a cold hit man. If you like your humor dark this is for you.

Great series, still need to watch the 2nd one. Loved the original Cohen brothers film.

Stavros 69 22-11-2016 12:06 PM

Californiacation is getting better and better.
Loosely about a writer from New York and his life in LA.
Hugely enjoyable and fast moving enough to keep me interested.

The Black List - starting to grate now in series 3-4 whatever it is, has far too many episodes per series.

Icy 22-11-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 13324626)
Storyville: The James Foley Story.

About the first American photo-journalist to be captured and executed by ISIS. Fantastic and heartbreaking.

On BBC catch-up.

That was very good, as a lot of the Storyville documentaries are. I think the Cartel land one is on netflix now and is well worth a watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle (Post 13326748)
Great series, still need to watch the 2nd one. Loved the original Cohen brothers film.

It's ok but not a patch on the 1st series.

BERT'S HEAD 22-11-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 13326758)
Californiacation is getting better and better.
Loosely about a writer from New York and his life in LA.
Hugely enjoyable and fast moving enough to keep me interested.

The Black List - starting to grate now in series 3-4 whatever it is, has far too many episodes per series.

Loved Californication when I watched it a few years back. Couldn't believe what they got away with sexually.

Watched three episodes of the first series of Black List and gave up.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 22-11-2016 01:10 PM

Shed and Buried. The thinking man's Wheeler Dealers.

BERT'S HEAD 22-11-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 13326891)
That was very good, as a lot of the Storyville documentaries are. I think the Cartel land one is on netflix now and is well worth a watch.



It's ok but not a patch on the 1st series.

Agreed, not seen a bad Storyville yet.

Dal 22-11-2016 01:30 PM

Party Down.

About an LA-based party/events company staffed entirely by Hollywood wannabes (out of work actors, writers etc). Quite dark, but very funny.

Only lasted 2 series. Think a notable Palace fan appears in one episode.

Chocky 22-11-2016 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13318348)
Every series has been great, Dave Gorman is really very very clever.

I've been waiting for him to mention the BBS he would have some material there.

Stavros 69 22-11-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 13326904)
Loved Californication when I watched it a few years back. Couldn't believe what they got away with sexually.

Watched three episodes of the first series of Black List and gave up.

I've been pretty shocked too. But it's very easy to watch, I like his philosophy on life.

Black list is doing my head in.

Biggineagle 22-11-2016 03:37 PM

One Killer Punch Ch4 10pm

Nostrils 22-11-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 13314275)
Just finished Goliath ( starring Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt ), and thorougly enjoyed it.

Brilliant so far.

pallet 23-11-2016 09:45 AM

On last series of Teachers and it has lost the plot. They killed off 3 main characters with no explanation and have replaced them with new ones that are crap.

switchboard 23-11-2016 09:50 AM

Anyone seen Newsroom? Pretty decent, watched it over a few weeks just finished the final episode last night.

Nice to have a tv series running with the current news.

Nostrils 25-11-2016 05:21 PM

Finished Goliath last night. I think if you go into it expecting a realistic legal drama you'll most certainly be disappointed. On the other hand, if you just go along for the ride, it's very entertaining television.

vitesse 25-11-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13331730)
Finished Goliath last night. I think if you go into it expecting a realistic legal drama you'll most certainly be disappointed. On the other hand, if you just go along for the ride, it's very entertaining television.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I used to live in Santa Monica so it brought back a few memories.

I won't post any spoilers but a bit in the second episode made me jump.

Nostrils 25-11-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 13331735)
I won't post any spoilers but a bit in the second episode made me jump.

I released an involuntary 'kin ell!'.

davemorris04 25-11-2016 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13317996)
I'd 'saved' watching series 5 of The Wire as I couldn't stomach the ridiculous plot (compared to the others) at the time. I've started watching it now, which as I'd left it so long now seems a bit of a treat. I'm still a little disappointed with the plot though.

Yeah season 5 is up and down, some great moments but also a bit weak in parts. Season 3 and 1 were unbelievable though, with 4 and 2 only a smidgen behind. Great show, I miss it.

danpalace07 26-11-2016 06:32 AM

started watching Scream on Netflix. It's started well tbf, the killer seems a bit more menacing than the film

Nostrils 05-12-2016 08:41 PM

Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix. There are some rubbish hip hop documentaries, I don't think this is one of them.

smileysmith 06-12-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13353532)
Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix. There are some rubbish hip hop documentaries, I don't think this is one of them.

Thanks gonna try that :)

Mat ov CPFC 06-12-2016 10:19 AM

Anybody watched '10 Rillington Place' yet?

I am still haunted by a late night viewing of the 1971 film when I was still a young'un, which had a powerful impact on me.

Still a little wary about watching this BBC adaption and make no apologies for being such a wuss.

Nostrils 06-12-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC (Post 13354077)
Anybody watched '10 Rillington Place' yet?

I am still haunted by a late night viewing of the 1971 film when I was still a young'un, which had a powerful impact on me.

Still a little wary about watching this BBC adaption and make no apologies for being such a wuss.

I watched that as a kid as well and it also freaked me out. Attenborough was brilliant, but my only real memory of it is pubes in a backy tin.

Mat ov CPFC 06-12-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13354133)
I watched that as a kid as well and it also freaked me out. Attenborough was brilliant, but my only real memory of it is pubes in a backy tin.


Its an incredible film. I thought I was being clever whilst staying with my Aunt and Uncle on a Saturday night. They had fallen asleep and I thought I would watch the late night film on my own. Big, big mistake. Vampires, Zombies, Monsters, those I can cope with. But seedy little men from West London? Gets me every time.

SgtStryker 13-12-2016 09:38 AM

Time Commanders
 
It's back, series 3 on BBC Iplayer. The general gist is teams of amateurs re fight ancient battles on a computer screen with experts basically telling them where they went wrong and Greg Wallace, the Masterchef bloke, trying to make things exciting. Episode 1 had them revisit The Battle Of Zama, Rome v Hannibals Carthage (with elephants).
Watch out for a suspicious looking Military historian as one of the experts, I'll say no more!

Stellavista 13-12-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC (Post 13354077)
Anybody watched '10 Rillington Place' yet?

I am still haunted by a late night viewing of the 1971 film when I was still a young'un, which had a powerful impact on me.

Still a little wary about watching this BBC adaption and make no apologies for being such a wuss.

"Christie done it!"

917L 13-12-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC (Post 13354077)
Anybody watched '10 Rillington Place' yet?

I am still haunted by a late night viewing of the 1971 film when I was still a young'un, which had a powerful impact on me.

Still a little wary about watching this BBC adaption and make no apologies for being such a wuss.

Watched the first two, nothing to be wary about

Its slightly creepy,(mainly because we know the story) but I dont think you will ever beat what Attenborough brought to that role

Harry Bassett 13-12-2016 10:21 AM

I was a kid when these events unfolded and Christie was on the run,he created a sense of fear and I remember running indoors to tell my mum when a bald bloke who I was convinced was Christie walked down our road.

Nostrils 13-12-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Bassett (Post 13366721)
I was a kid when these events unfolded and Christie was on the run,he created a sense of fear and I remember running indoors to tell my mum when a bald bloke who I was convinced was Christie walked down our road.

Back in those days it was still acceptable to be baldist I suppose.

FrankieBoy 13-12-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 13366675)
..and Greg Wallace, the Masterchef bloke, trying to make things exciting.

...I'll stop you there. I'm out.

Terrace Bickle 13-12-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC (Post 13354077)
Anybody watched '10 Rillington Place' yet?

I am still haunted by a late night viewing of the 1971 film when I was still a young'un, which had a powerful impact on me.

Still a little wary about watching this BBC adaption and make no apologies for being such a wuss.

Tim Roth's portrayal reminds me of Alan Bennett for some reason.

Dave 13-12-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13331730)
Finished Goliath last night. I think if you go into it expecting a realistic legal drama you'll most certainly be disappointed. On the other hand, if you just go along for the ride, it's very entertaining television.

It's perhaps the least realistic representation of the legal process since LA LAW

Nostrils 13-12-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 13367650)
It's perhaps the least realistic representation of the legal process since LA LAW

Good fun though, I thought.

Stavros 69 21-12-2016 10:14 PM

Just smashed through Band of Brothers, it's just amazing.

danpalace07 21-12-2016 11:02 PM

Narcos is probably the best thing Netflix have made themselves

switchboard 21-12-2016 11:06 PM

Just finished the first series of Californication, really enjoyed it.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 21-12-2016 11:15 PM

I miss Runkle

CarlosTheFinger 21-12-2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dal (Post 13326951)
Party Down.

About an LA-based party/events company staffed entirely by Hollywood wannabes (out of work actors, writers etc). Quite dark, but very funny.

Only lasted 2 series. Think a notable Palace fan appears in one episode.

An excellent hidden gem.

Cheers Partyboys,

Carlos

switchboard 27-12-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 13384139)
I miss Runkle

3 episodes left of the entire show and I don't want it to finish (even if series 7 has been a bit meh)

Runkle, goes in my top 5 tv characters, I really would love to have a beer with him.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-12-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchboard (Post 13394362)
3 episodes left of the entire show and I don't want it to finish (even if series 7 has been a bit meh)

Runkle, goes in my top 5 tv characters, I really would love to have a beer with him.

His partnership with Pamela Adlon was truly classic. And let's not forget his brief liaison with Kathleen Turner....

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-12-2016 01:23 PM

Any mention of Orphan Black on here? Acting powerhouse from Tatiana Maslani

pallet 27-12-2016 01:50 PM

Getting into Quarry not bad at all.

danpalace07 27-12-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13394415)
Getting into Quarry not bad at all.

Rectify is supposed to be great as well, another of those small dramas that the critics love but no one watches

Nostrils 27-12-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 13394484)
Rectify is supposed to be great as well, another of those small dramas that the critics love but no one watches

We loved Rectify, it's a slow burner, but very well written and acted. Can highly recommend this if you have patience and don't expect tits or explosions every ten minutes.

Adlerhorst 05-02-2017 01:25 PM

Quite enjoying Tom Hardy's grunting in Taboo.

Dave 05-02-2017 01:50 PM

Tim and Eric's bedtime stories.

Last one was dark.

Its like a comedic Black mirror

Nostrils 05-02-2017 02:07 PM

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective agency.

I read one of the books many years ago, but can't remember Dirk being quite so irritating. The first episode isn't great, but I'm glad I persevered in the end because I ended up really enjoying it. I didn't watch the UK version, so couldn't give a comparison.

Shooter

Surprisingly entertaining when you consider the lead had about as much charisma as a freshly painted magnolia wall.

cappuccinoeagle 05-02-2017 03:56 PM

Taboo
Apple Tree Yard

danpalace07 05-02-2017 05:32 PM

started watching The Americans again after a break from it, starting again on 'Stealth' on Series 2 to finishing S2. I always liked it but it didn't really get my attention like Mad Men and Breaking Bad did straight away until now, it's finally clicked. Can't wait to catch up and watch the new series when it comes out

the acting is so bloody good and when you give it your full attention and keep track of all the different roads it goes down it's engrossing TV

Terrace Bickle 05-02-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13481711)
Taboo
Apple Tree Yard

Do you like Taboo? I want to, but I just find it ridiculous. I keep on thinking Steven Toast will appear.

Stellavista 05-02-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 13481387)
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective agency.

I read one of the books many years ago, but can't remember Dirk being quite so irritating.

Is Mangan Still in it? Annoying as f*ck.

Stellavista 05-02-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13482046)
Do you like Taboo? I want to, but I just find it ridiculous. I keep on thinking Steven Toast will appear.

Isn't Hardy playing pretty much the same character he did in Peaky Blinders? With the addition of extra snot and dried blood.

Nostrils 05-02-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13482136)
Is Mangan Still in it? Annoying as f*ck.

Adrian Mole? No he isn't, it's a bloke called Samuel Barnett and I'd hazard a guess that he is even more annoying. Somehow he doesn't completely ruin the show, but remains incredibly punchable.

cappuccinoeagle 05-02-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13482046)
Do you like Taboo? I want to, but I just find it ridiculous. I keep on thinking Steven Toast will appear.

Yep,intriguing,good script with a bit of dry humour. A fine cast and an interesting backstory with the lead
character(incest,supernatural stuff,cannibalism?!)

TAK 05-02-2017 10:34 PM

Sneaky Pete is worth a watch.

Dingle 05-02-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 13481986)
started watching The Americans again after a break from it, starting again on 'Stealth' on Series 2 to finishing S2. I always liked it but it didn't really get my attention like Mad Men and Breaking Bad did straight away until now, it's finally clicked. Can't wait to catch up and watch the new series when it comes out

the acting is so bloody good and when you give it your full attention and keep track of all the different roads it goes down it's engrossing TV

The Americans is fantastic television. Definatley one of the best things on at the moment.

Martin H 05-02-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingle (Post 13482811)
The Americans is fantastic television. Definatley one of the best things on at the moment.

'where is it on' or do you mean box set?

cappuccinoeagle 05-02-2017 11:17 PM

The Americans is on Amazon Prime,watched the first series very good.

Martin H 05-02-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13482852)
The Americans is on Amazon Prime,watched the first series very good.

OK cool. I think we have seen the first 3 or 4 series and waiting for the next one. If it's any help, I think they get even better as they go on so enjoy ....

Dario_G 06-02-2017 11:42 AM

A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix - Superb cast, beautifully set and a nice easy story to follow that doesn't take itself too seriously. Great Watch.

Terrace Bickle 07-02-2017 01:49 PM

Case on All4 is a reasonably good Icelandic series. Not as good as Trapped was unfortunately.

Oddjob 08-02-2017 08:51 AM

Finished S1 of Fortitude last night and loved it, moody, atmospheric, well shot, inventive and superbly cast.

The Affair S3, not sure they expected it to get this far, and it shows.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.