CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recommend a TV programme (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187551)

west country boy 21-05-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15233707)
You mean there has been 2 articles about him in the Guardian this week?

Since they manage to publish at least 100 pieces a day about Beyonce and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, almost certainly.

west country boy 21-05-2020 04:04 PM

Anyway, I wonder how much Tipping Point and The Chase's ratings have improved since lockdown started.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-05-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15233724)
Since they manage to publish at least 100 pieces a day about Beyonce and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, almost certainly.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...y-of-ike-white

west country boy 21-05-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15233737)

It's odd that this piece doesn't mention that White killed himself.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-05-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15233764)
It's odd that this piece doesn't mention that White killed himself.

Perhaps they didnt want to spoil it before the film was shown

Stellavista 21-05-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15233604)
There was a good article about this in the Guardian at the beginning of the week. What channel was it on?

BBC iPlayer now

west country boy 21-05-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15233766)
Perhaps they didnt want to spoil it before the film was shown

It's not a spoiler, you soppy old cow (especially as the article states that he died during the making of the documentary). Every other article mentions it.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-05-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15233786)
It's not a spoiler, you soppy old cow (especially as the article states that he died during the making of the documentary). Every other article mentions it.

Why you giving me a hard time, I didn't write it?

Maz 21-05-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15233680)
Is that about the fake Indian guru?

Itís about his unfortunate move from India to Oregon.

Worksop Palace 21-05-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingle (Post 15233552)
If it's half as good as the book, it's going to be fantastic. However, I won't get my hopes up as I'm always underwhelmed by Stephen King adaptations on TV (although The Outsider was quite good.)

You didnít enjoy 11-22-63 ?

west country boy 21-05-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15233768)
BBC iPlayer now

Thank you. You are a pure soul, unlike the expat arse hole.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-05-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15233812)
Itís about his unfortunate move from India to Oregon.

I watched the first episode but it didnt grab me or the current Mrs Maidstoned....maybe because she's worried about my current interest in religious cults.

Maidstoned Eagle 21-05-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15233815)
Thank you. You are a pure soul, unlike the expat arse hole.

:hi:

evvo111 21-05-2020 05:56 PM

Having watched several more episodes of The Great it is becoming one of my favourites. Peter III is excellent and the rest of the cast are very good.

evvo111 21-05-2020 06:44 PM

Catherine walks into a place where the dead and dying from smallpox are being kept. The doctor says 'What are you doing here? You're not even wearing a beak'. :)

west country boy 21-05-2020 09:01 PM

The Tony Slattery documentary on BBC2 was a "bit" depressing. I read the Guardian interview with him last year and the follow up a few weeks ago, but even so wasn't quite prepared for how different he is these days.

Stellavista 22-05-2020 12:35 PM

Very, very late to the party, but enjoying 'Carnivale' very much.

ozzieEagle 22-05-2020 01:48 PM

Chernobyl, what a fantastic dramatisation. Hooked after 15 mins of the first episode.

Also for those that are interested, could be on one of the cable TV shows over there.... This show... "Miriam Margolyes Almost Australian" It's on ABC Iview here..

Basically she goes around Oorrstralia in Campervan. Looks like an interesting take on things, especially for Campervan types. Only for people that like travelogue type shows.

Thing is in the first episode, the Melbourne part is all taken around where I live here in the Inner North, which pleased me no end.


Here's a link if you've got a VPN handy.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/miriam...ost-australian

ozzieEagle 22-05-2020 01:53 PM

Just scrolled back, my youngest 24 YO daughter loves that Money Heist show. She recommended it to me. Tried it, and I got really irritated with the bad dubbing. Is the subtitle version very different and better. I suspect it has to be... if it exists?

Although I really generally hate dubbed TV versions.

PeterH 23-05-2020 12:59 AM

Something old, something new, .....something blue...

art malice 23-05-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 15197277)
I'm really pleased Wolf Hall is back on iPlayer, the best historical drama since I Claudius IMVHO. I'm reading the 3rd installment now and can't wait for that to be dramatised. I'm not a fan of Mark Rylance as he's a bit of a luvvy, but he is perfect as 'Crumb'.

It is so good, and he is fantastically inscrutable

Big Blue Eagle 23-05-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin Up (Post 15233198)
One for the future but today I learnt that there's another TV adaption of The Stand coming soon (looks like it got wrapped up pre corona) some interesting casting - the Viking vampire from True Blood as Randall Flagg, Whoopie Goldberg as Mother Abigail, the woman who beat up Johnny Depp and had the problem with the dogs in Australia as Nadine and most interestingly Marilyn Manson as Trashcan man.

Not sure about Whoopi as Mother Abigail, she is meant to be around 100, but Skarsgaard as Flagg looks good. I see itís on CBS Access so not sure who will ice it up over here?

west country boy 23-05-2020 05:35 PM

Not a recommendation as such since it could well be shit, but there is a new football-based sitcom on BBC2 next week, created by the Inbetweeners writers: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ootball-sitcom

(Inspired by "a footballer named Damien Delaney" and written with "the help of Matty Lawrence, the former Millwall and Crystal Palace defender".)

cappuccinoeagle 23-05-2020 05:55 PM

The Changin Times Of Ike White - wow!

Stellavista 23-05-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15235943)
The Changin Times Of Ike White - wow!

It really doesn't go where you expect it to, but is all the more fascinating because of it.

cappuccinoeagle 23-05-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15236098)
It really doesn't go where you expect it to, but is all the more fascinating because of it.

Yeah, initially I was thinking is this overlong and meandering, but more than delivered by the end.

art malice 23-05-2020 10:30 PM

Arriving late to BoJack Horseman on Netflix and loving it, with outstanding opening and closing credit music

rambo 24-05-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15235936)
Not a recommendation as such since it could well be shit, but there is a new football-based sitcom on BBC2 next week, created by the Inbetweeners writers: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ootball-sitcom

(Inspired by "a footballer named Damien Delaney" and written with "the help of Matty Lawrence, the former Millwall and Crystal Palace defender".)

Saw that. The Delaney link was a long talk on an 11 and a half hour flight a decade ago. So that may have been just before he joined us, or at least based on his negative experiences at Ipswich. But the Lawrence link suggests they carried on talking after he joined. Will be good to watch!

rambo 24-05-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15235936)
Not a recommendation as such since it could well be shit, but there is a new football-based sitcom on BBC2 next week, created by the Inbetweeners writers: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ootball-sitcom

(Inspired by "a footballer named Damien Delaney" and written with "the help of Matty Lawrence, the former Millwall and Crystal Palace defender".)

Saw that. The Delaney link was a long talk on an 11 and a half hour flight a decade ago. So that may have been just before he joined us, or at least based on his negative experiences at Ipswich. But the Lawrence link suggests they carried on talking after he joined. Will be good to watch!

GorBlimey 25-05-2020 02:56 AM

I've been watching "The Rat Patrol" on DVD.

I bought it in America a while ago and have just got around to watching it.

It's a load of old hokum - like a WW2 "A Team" but it's actually quite enjoyable nonetheless.

El Aguila 25-05-2020 09:56 AM

"Bitter Daisies" on Netflix is good, Galician noir. Captures the weird aura of the place and its people, well plotted, engaging.

Martin H 25-05-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 15237568)
I've been watching "The Rat Patrol" on DVD.

I bought it in America a while ago and have just got around to watching it.

It's a load of old hokum - like a WW2 "A Team" but it's actually quite enjoyable nonetheless.

Remember it well. :) It came on just after I had heard for the first time that my oldest Uncle had been a lorry driver in one of these desert units behind lines units (would never talk about it and so never did find out which one). Popski's army was mentioned by another relative but I don't think they really knew TBH.

Anyway, after watching Rat Patrol I had visions of him bouncing around in jeeps when in truth he was more likely brewing up tea from his radiator and cooking eggs on a biscuit tin lid left in the sun (those being the only 2 things I ever got out of him other than a grimace:)) Lovely, kind and funny guy who just wanted to leave it behind him which is fair enough.

Stavros 69 25-05-2020 11:01 AM

Just finished Watchemen on sky. I absolutely loved it, what a great show.
Great cast, acting, storyline, special effects.... the lot. Really well put together and echos to the original film. 9/10.

CarlosTheFinger 25-05-2020 11:39 AM

Re-watching Parks and Recreation. Interesting watching it again after watching The Office US for the first time last year. Both hilarious shows with lots of similarities in narrative structure and characters but I feel like Parks and Rec is the evolved version of The Office. It's much more hopeful and has more believable characters whose comedy isn't mainly derived from grating personality quirks.

The lead characters in both shows sum up the differences perfectly. Lesley Knope and Michael Scott are both very funny but Lesley is a million times more likeable. Her humour comes from her naivety and misplaced optimism, whereas as Michael's humour comes from how deluded and narcissistic he is.

west country boy 25-05-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15238123)
the original film. 9/10.

Alan Moore is casting a hex on you as I type.

Purepalace 25-05-2020 12:29 PM

Being Human.

A vampire, a werewolf and a ghost houseshare. Very, very good. If you didn't catch it back in the day try to now. The American version is good too.

west country boy 25-05-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purepalace (Post 15238205)
Being Human.

A vampire, a werewolf and a ghost houseshare. Very, very good. If you didn't catch it back in the day try to now.

I enjoyed that despite the presence of Dreadfulness' Russell Tovey.

Andrea Riseborough was in the pilot in Lenora Critchlow's role (and some bloke I'v never heard of was being him off Poldark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oagKVxkibWQ

biggus mickus 25-05-2020 01:02 PM

I am injoying People v OJ. Cracking cast too.

west country boy 25-05-2020 08:22 PM

Special Branch on Talking Pictures TV is astounding and Patrick Mower is The Sex.

BERT'S HEAD 25-05-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15238832)
Special Branch on Talking Pictures TV is astounding and Patrick Mower is The Sex.

He could whup Gareth Hunt all day long.

tamlamotowner 25-05-2020 08:53 PM

Ozark on Netflix. Three seasons. Well worth viewing.

Happy Arthur 25-05-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus mickus (Post 15238228)
I am injoying People v OJ. Cracking cast too.

If you want to continue your OJ fix have a look at OJ made in America on BBC iplayer.

Ardent Eagle Forever 25-05-2020 09:12 PM

Watching Schitts Creek on Netflix. Cannuck show. Amusing. About a dysfunctional rich family who lose all their cash through a crooked accountant. End up in a motel in nowheres ville. Two series in so far.

cpfc4evandeva 25-05-2020 09:16 PM

+1 on the above OJ suggestion. The drama series was great, and the documentary even better.

I've just finished From The Earth To The Moon. Good, although not fantastic. For anyone unaware of it - it was a 12-part drama series about the NASA moon missions. The thing is, 12 episodes just isn't enough to cover everything. I was hoping there would be more depth on certain subjects though, particularly around the politics of it all, and the decision to cancel Apollo 18 and 19. But there wasnt much of that at all.

7/10

KYLIE MINEAGLE 25-05-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 15238872)
Watching Schitts Creek on Netflix. Cannuck show. Amusing. About a dysfunctional rich family who lose all their cash through a crooked accountant. End up in a motel in nowheres ville. Two series in so far.

Just starting on the final series over here. Like the show especially the parents,and the outfits the mother turns up in.

PeterH 26-05-2020 01:04 AM

Rebellion on Netflix is not bad at all. Although from season 1 to season 2 they jumped form 1916 to 1920... some of the characters did jail time at the end of season 1 and one seemed to have a baby...

...tricky to be sure, to be sure.

Different actress on the baby, Took me an episode to work out what was going on.

Tasty bint seems to have turned into so so doris.

mrfenandes 26-05-2020 10:56 AM

Nathan For You on Now TV.

Bizarre programme but incredibly well thought out parody of all of these "guru" programmes. Nothing is surface level either, the depths which the host will go to in order to put his ideas to the test is brilliant. Very entertaining show.

Haven't seen too much Canadian comedy but from the small amounts I have seen, it's a great blend of the over-the-top Americanisms mixed with very dry British satire. Recommended if you want something completely different from the norm.

richdeniro 27-05-2020 12:08 AM

Finished Narcos Mexico over the weekend, pretty amazing and as enjoyable as the original series. Found myself going down a few Wikipedia rabbit holes after each episode reading about the Guadalajara Cartel and Felix Gallardo, seems they kept it relatively accurate historically. I wonder if they'll do a third season showing the rise of El Chapo.

CP-RJW 27-05-2020 12:21 AM

There was a really fantastic documentary on BT sport about the Corinthian Casuals. Started out as a bit of a history lesson/background, really became fantastic halfway through where it followed the story of their 2015 trip to Brazil for a friendly against the S„o Paulo Corinthians. All these Ismithian south league teachers, builders, plumbers etc who don’t even get paid are icons in Sao Paolo just because of the history behind the two clubs. Almost 30 thousands fans turning out to see them, cueing around the block for autographs. Just a brilliant, thoroughly entertaining watch.

Maidstoned Eagle 27-05-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 15240118)
Finished Narcos Mexico over the weekend, pretty amazing and as enjoyable as the original series. Found myself going down a few Wikipedia rabbit holes after each episode reading about the Guadalajara Cartel and Felix Gallardo, seems they kept it relatively accurate historically. I wonder if they'll do a third season showing the rise of El Chapo.

To be accurate it would be a 6thh series as the Mexico ones are a continuation of the Colombia episodes. :)

CarlosTheFinger 27-05-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfenandes (Post 15239292)
Nathan For You on Now TV.

Bizarre programme but incredibly well thought out parody of all of these "guru" programmes. Nothing is surface level either, the depths which the host will go to in order to put his ideas to the test is brilliant. Very entertaining show.

Haven't seen too much Canadian comedy but from the small amounts I have seen, it's a great blend of the over-the-top Americanisms mixed with very dry British satire. Recommended if you want something completely different from the norm.

I mentioned Nathan For You on this thread a while back. Delighted to see another fan of this incredible and unique programme that almost nobody in this country has ever heard of, let alone watched.

Do you have a favourite episode/business idea? Mine is 'Smokers Allowed', which delightfully demonstrates his penchant for a tangential approach to problem-solving.

rhiannapaul 27-05-2020 09:45 AM

White lines .netficks. bit silly but some great tunes

Worksop Palace 27-05-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 15240118)
Finished Narcos Mexico over the weekend, pretty amazing and as enjoyable as the original series. Found myself going down a few Wikipedia rabbit holes after each episode reading about the Guadalajara Cartel and Felix Gallardo, seems they kept it relatively accurate historically. I wonder if they'll do a third season showing the rise of El Chapo.

Will be embarking on NM in the next few days. Got 3 episodes of Narcos left to watch.

I thought there was a series on Netflix called El Chapo ?

Dobbo 27-05-2020 12:23 PM

Really enjoyed the first two episodes of Amazon Prime's Little Fires Everywhere. A drama highlighting contrasting forms of motherhood starring Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington. Try it.

cappuccinoeagle 27-05-2020 08:54 PM

Having finished Series 7 of Spooks Iím taking a mini break and watching Death Comes To Pemberley a sort of dark sequel to Pride And Prejudice, based on a PD James novel.

Happy Arthur 28-05-2020 08:23 PM

I'm going to give SnowPiercer a try on Netflix.

If the end of the world type series is your thing also take a look at Into the night on Netflix.

Lombardarian 28-05-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 15242018)
I'm going to give SnowPiercer a try on Netflix.

If the end of the world type series is your thing also take a look at Into the night on Netflix.

Yes I was looking at that. Have you see film? It is an interesting concept.

Stavros 69 28-05-2020 09:13 PM

Bosch is still as good as ever.

breagles 28-05-2020 09:36 PM

Agreed - Bosch is brilliant. Absentia on Prime is wort watching.

1905 28-05-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardarian (Post 15242021)
Yes I was looking at that. Have you see film? It is an interesting concept.

Loved the Snowpiercer film, great concept and cast (directed by recent Oscar winning “Parasite” director Bong Joon-ho) really hope the series is of a similar quality.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 28-05-2020 09:57 PM

Finally battled through to the last episode of the Last Kingdom. Was ok but a bit repetitive in the story line. Showed king Alfred as a bit dim which he was'nt. I suppose series 5 when it comes out will be the same.

Maidstoned Eagle 29-05-2020 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobbo (Post 15240611)
Really enjoyed the first two episodes of Amazon Prime's Little Fires Everywhere. A drama highlighting contrasting forms of motherhood starring Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington. Try it.

Might give that a try, Witherspoon was excellent in the recent "Big Little Lies"

Ant.Palace 29-05-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15242095)
Finally battled through to the last episode of the Last Kingdom. Was ok but a bit repetitive in the story line. Showed king Alfred as a bit dim which he was'nt. I suppose series 5 when it comes out will be the same.

Weirdly finished this too last night. Enjoyable, but season 4 tapered off a bit

Timbo 29-05-2020 11:02 AM

We enjoyed DCI Banks on ITV Hub

st albans 29-05-2020 09:33 PM

The Last Dance - not massively in to basketball but Michael Jordan was in his prime when in my teens so aware of how good he was. Very interesting documentary about him and the Bulls. Recommended watch for any sports fan. The guy was insanely good

Joe Knight 29-05-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15242183)
Might give that a try, Witherspoon was excellent in the recent "Big Little Lies"

Finished. It gets better. Excellent series.

Stellavista 29-05-2020 10:07 PM

'The Imposter', documentary on Channel 4. Rivals 'The Changing Times of Ike White' for what-the-f**kness.

Maidstoned Eagle 30-05-2020 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st albans (Post 15242972)
The Last Dance - not massively in to basketball but Michael Jordan was in his prime when in my teens so aware of how good he was. Very interesting documentary about him and the Bulls. Recommended watch for any sports fan. The guy was insanely good

Yep, I have zero interest in basketball but this series has been excellent. The skill level of the players is incredible.

PeterH 30-05-2020 02:00 PM

Just finishing off the latest series of The Crown.

orp pisshead1 30-05-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 15242538)
We enjoyed DCI Banks on ITV Hub

what series are they currently showing ? Saw first two but not sure if thereís more ?. Yes is decent detective drama. On series 2 now of the excellent hinterland set in the wonderful rugged beautiful wales. Itís slow paced reflecting pace of life in wales & the farming / local communities.

eagle mart 30-05-2020 04:32 PM

Been struggling with the Last Dance. Mildly interesting at times, but I can easily leave it. I've seen a better Harlem Globetrotters doc.

Netflix do PR well though - see Tiger King.

pallet 30-05-2020 05:36 PM

First team is actually good

PeterH 31-05-2020 03:23 PM

Steve Carroll space exploration comedy.

Shows some promise.

cappuccinoeagle 31-05-2020 03:47 PM

Onto Season 8 of Spooks

CP-RJW 31-05-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15243067)
Yep, I have zero interest in basketball but this series has been excellent. The skill level of the players is incredible.

That sums up Jordan, transcends Basketball to the point that even people apathetic towards the sport can find him impressive, in the same way as Federer, Mike Tyson, Messi or Wayne Gretzky. Special athlete.

I won’t pretend to be a basketball expert, though I definitely know more than the average Brit, but I can’t believe there’s people who consider Lebron better.

Lombardarian 31-05-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15244518)
That sums up Jordan, transcends Basketball to the point that even people apathetic towards the sport can find him impressive, in the same way as Federer, Mike Tyson, Messi or Wayne Gretzky. Special athlete.

I wonít pretend to be a basketball expert, though I definitely know more than the average Brit, but I canít believe thereís people who consider Lebron better.

Yep, I am another fan of Last Dance. And like many others I am(although my interest has increased mildly) no basketball fan. I watched the whole lot and enjoyed every episode. I think some of the issues broached also can reflect working life in a team.

Maidstoned Eagle 31-05-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15244518)
That sums up Jordan, transcends Basketball to the point that even people apathetic towards the sport can find him impressive, in the same way as Federer, Mike Tyson, Messi or Wayne Gretzky. Special athlete.

I wonít pretend to be a basketball expert, though I definitely know more than the average Brit, but I canít believe thereís people who consider Lebron better.

I am a bit peed off that I never kept either my signed MJ photo and my Air Force Ones.

ollie_porter 31-05-2020 09:02 PM

Gave up with Space Fore after half hour. I'm not into that many US sitcoms though...

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Snowpiercer. This hasn't been getting great reviews, but probably because of comparisons to the film - which I haven't seen!

Easily got through the three series of Animal Kingdom on Amazon - very very good.

Next on the list is Last Kingdom, Medicis on Netflix.

I also watched the first series of Startup on Amazon - which was really good.

Oh and Fauda, which I think is the best thing on Netflix.

You can tell I've been shielding!

immoralgiant 01-06-2020 08:20 AM

Finished Defending Jacob the other day. Enjoyed it but felt the ending was poor.

brighton_eagle 01-06-2020 11:20 AM

Watched the first couple of episodes of The Other Mother, a French series available on All4. It's very good. A young boy says his parents aren't his real parents, and it sort of goes from there.

The Omen 01-06-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter (Post 15244692)
Gave up with Space Fore after half hour. I'm not into that many US sitcoms though...

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Snowpiercer. This hasn't been getting great reviews, but probably because of comparisons to the film - which I haven't seen!

Easily got through the three series of Animal Kingdom on Amazon - very very good.

Next on the list is Last Kingdom, Medicis on Netflix.

I also watched the first series of Startup on Amazon - which was really good.

Oh and Fauda, which I think is the best thing on Netflix.

You can tell I've been shielding!

Next two series are pretty good too, but not as good as the first.

evvo111 01-06-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omen (Post 15245160)
Next two series are pretty good too, but not as good as the first.

Last Kingdom, Medicis got me quite excited 'I am a de Diuhtred, son of de Diuhtred'.

Oldtown Eagle 01-06-2020 10:53 PM

Just into series two of House of Cards on Netflix. A rip off of earlier British programme about House of Commons, but pretty good in its own right. If of course we are allowed to watch Kevin Spacey any more.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 02-06-2020 06:52 AM

New series of Cardinal coming soon.

Latvian 02-06-2020 09:02 AM

Anybody watched "The First Team" yet? Just seen that it is on iplayer, worth a view?

st albans 02-06-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter (Post 15244692)
Gave up with Space Fore after half hour. I'm not into that many US sitcoms though...

got half way through the 2nd episode and gave up also. Nothing to do with US sitcoms as we like the majority, just not funny in the slightest. Awful

1905 02-06-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie_porter (Post 15244692)
Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Snowpiercer. This hasn't been getting great reviews, but probably because of comparisons to the film - which I haven't seen!

I loved the film (directed by recent Oscar winning Parasite director Bong Joon Ho) and have seen the first 3 episodes of the series. I can get that for many fans of the film the series does not live upto the experience of the film, (just like films do not always live upto the book/or graphic novel in Snowpiercers case) but personally im not trying to compare the series to the film so will continue to follow it with interest.

Maidstoned Eagle 02-06-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1905 (Post 15246236)
I loved the film (directed by recent Oscar winning Parasite director Bong Joon Ho) and have seen the first 3 episodes of the series. I can get that for many fans of the film the series does not live upto the experience of the film, (just like films do not always live upto the book/or graphic novel in Snowpiercers case) but personally im not trying to compare the series to the film so will continue to follow it with interest.

Was Snowpiercer the film with Michael Fassbender in it?

TopKnot 02-06-2020 12:10 PM

no that was the Snowman I think.

Maidstoned Eagle 02-06-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15246256)
no that was the Snowman I think.

Aah

It was chris Evans, I was getting my Marvel characters mixed up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowpiercer

Ant.Palace 02-06-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15246282)
Aah

It was chris Evans, I was getting my Marvel characters mixed up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowpiercer

It's just as bad though

David of Kent 02-06-2020 12:36 PM

Was told to try Counterpart on Prime (Starz) by someone who I would usually completely ignore. However, that was an absolutely outstanding recommendation. Damn it

Ant.Palace 02-06-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 15246287)
It's just as bad though

Actually thinking about it the snowman was better

Maidstoned Eagle 02-06-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 15246292)
Actually thinking about it the snowman was better

Especially the bit where they go flying together over Brighton

Ant.Palace 03-06-2020 09:20 AM

I'm now watching Into the Night on Netflix

Belgian apocalyptic sci-fi drama thriller. When the sun starts to kill everything in its path, a plane full of passengers must travel at night in an attempt to escape its destructive power.

Two episodes in and pretty enjoyable. Very interested to see where it's all going

Crozzy71 03-06-2020 03:13 PM

Probably rather stupidly I’ve started a few things around the same time so seem to be dipping in and out rather than watching them properly. These are currently on the go:
• The Last Dance – enjoying what I’ve seen so far
• Ozark s3 – starting to find it a bit of a drag – bit samey after the first 2 ?
• Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich
• McMillion’s – although I have actually finished that now – enjoyed it, but 6 episodes maybe too long
• Better Caul Saul s5 – again, getting a bit samey
• White Lines – shit, but 5 in so do I persevere or give up ?

eagle mart 03-06-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crozzy71 (Post 15247741)
Probably rather stupidly Iíve started a few things around the same time so seem to be dipping in and out rather than watching them properly. These are currently on the go:
ē The Last Dance Ė enjoying what Iíve seen so far
ē Ozark s3 Ė starting to find it a bit of a drag Ė bit samey after the first 2 ?
ē White Lines Ė shit, but 5 in so do I persevere or give up ?

1) dull. All PR. left it twice. Not gone back a second time.
2) it's excellent, stick with it. Probably best of lot!
3) the accents don't get better, nor does the programme. They save their Ibiza classics songs for the last couple of episodes. And even some of them were from wrong time. Where was it shot? Mallorca. Bin it off, waste of everybody's time.

west country boy 03-06-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant.Palace (Post 15246292)
Actually thinking about it the snowman was better

Blimey - The Snowman was completely terrible.

PeterH 03-06-2020 06:34 PM

Oldies on Netflix

Walking Dead half way through season 9 Rick's gone...

Modern Family half way through season 5

will dip into Fauda very soon and then Ojark 3.

CP-RJW 03-06-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15247927)
Oldies on Netflix

Walking Dead half way through season 9 Rick's gone...

Modern Family half way through season 5

will dip into Fauda very soon and then Ojark 3.

I binged the first 8 and a half seasons of the walking dead a few weeks ago. I’ll probably return to it at some point, but I just lost interest. I quite like Negan and the Saviours, and the entire concept of the settlements being subservient and providing for them, like a Genghis Khan esque empire. But I don’t think the ‘revolution’ is interesting enough to drag out for an entire sixteen episode season.

I also saw the spoilers by mistake in the titles of walking dead videos when I was surfing YouTube, including the one you posted. That removes a lot of the drama.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.