CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddoWolz (Post 15939631)
Things could get really interesting when we get The 5th Man .

The way SP and the board are going, 4-5 years maybe? once the new stand build is underway, I can see a 5th oarty entering perhaps.

We are moving the right direction chaps,

160 years of hurt of there abouts. etc.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 15939645)
Investment is £87.5m for a "close to 18% stake" according to Ed Aarons.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...an-john-textor

Then Palace are involved in Futures :0) interesting ...

spt1978 11-08-2021 11:28 PM

It must make the club harder to sell as well, if you want to takeover the club you have to deal with 4 major shareholders and who knows how many smaller investors in the US. A lot of people to negotiate with.

SussexRed&Blue 11-08-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939902)
Oh, he's not. As far as CPFC goes, his stake-holding has increased ten-fold if not more, as envisaged on paper.

SP has reduced the risk on his holding by bringing in other investors to lighten the load and the club will now be in a healthier financial position.

If we stay up this year there is a lot of potential going forward with the investment in the Academy.

SP deserves it though a lot of hard work over those 10 years and lot of tough decisions made.

A lot of change though carries with it a lot of risk but hopefully we will be ok this season.

Hedgehog 11-08-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939907)
it's not about misspelling, it's about using of the wrong word.

malaprop
[ˈmaləˌpräp]
NOUN
malapropism (noun)
the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with unintentionally amusing effect, as in, for example, “dance a flamingo” (instead of flamenco).

To be fair, predictive text on phones/tablets can cause these sort of issues if you are not paying super attention to your posts.

I digress...

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle (Post 15939646)
I'm all for widening the investment base. Our less rosy financial history was the result of individuals getting in way over their heads and losing everything. With the risk shared across some extremely broad shoulders, cumulative business acumen also worth a considerable amount and the structure in place whereby a local fan who understands the club and the fans intimately is the day-to-day face and running of the show is just about as excellent a structure as we could wish for I think.

Yup.

I realise I have posted a lot on this thread, but it's exciting times, and the above post quantifies why IMO. SP is playing a blinder. I don't want to jinx our future prospects, but they are brighter than they have ever been guys. All this money and backing is finally helping to progress the club we love. In, IMO, the right way.

sydnsteve 11-08-2021 11:29 PM

Isnt he the one who lost shedloads of dosh?

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15939921)
To be fair, predictive text on phones/tablets can cause these sort of issues if you are not paying super attention to your posts.

I digress...

This is true, especially if you are rage-typing! :D

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydnsteve (Post 15939923)
Isnt he the one who lost shedloads of dosh?

he's clearly got a shedload more to lose! ;)

16eagles 11-08-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15939685)
SP and the other shareholders must have seen him coming then :rolleyes:

Before the pandemic it was reported that the owners were looking to sell the club for about £220m. Given the pandemic I would suggest that the value has fallen.

As has been reported elsewhere it is more likely that his investment will be in the form of equity (say £30m) and via interest free loans for the remainder.

Thanks yeah fair enough makes sense. But personally think where we are situated, Cat 1 etc should be more. If we get that New stand would really push us to those type values.

So anyway if he’s done say 50 million signing fee for 20% say and a promise to invest another 50 million each year(so 100 first year). Clubs worth 250 now but after stand and improved revenue/ assets in 5 years were worth 500. He’s made solid investment.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15939654)
We may have been lucky with our owners so far because we have SP but going forward there is a drive to leverage the academies which may be a short to medium term profit generator and in the longer term new income streams will inevitably be sought which will always risk the soul of football and put the overall game at risk

It's worked really badly for Chelscum.

AJ 11-08-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 15939654)
I think in general the wider American owners that have arrived have introduced an unpalatable level of greed. For me it also about them wanting to replicate the US franchise model, which would irreparably damage the football pyramid in this country, without having a full understanding of the implications and driving for profit at all costs.

We may have been lucky with our owners so far because we have SP but going forward there is a drive to leverage the academies which may be a short to medium term profit generator and in the longer term new income streams will inevitably be sought which will always risk the soul of football and put the overall game at risk

I am sorry that is so untrue. If you think that owners, no matter where they come from should be prepared to pump money into the club and not expect it back, rather than running the club at a small loss or even a slight profit is being greedy then we live in different worlds.

AJ 11-08-2021 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939913)
Indeed; and when the HoldCo is in Delaware, it's a lot more tricky!

There is some business advantage by having a holding company in Delaware, I cannot remember what.

MFBias 12-08-2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15939904)
Why do people on here take the piss on people's spelling etc.. We're all different and not all super educated but we support and love our club. Find it very annoying back to the point in question this seems a really good move he comes across really well. After watching tonight moreno from villa Real would be great very intelligent player.. But that funny lot are having kittens with all that's happening at the palace.

I didnt see anyone take the piss? They just indicated the mistake. Sure some times it can be pedantic but other times you may learn something you didnt know you had been writing wrong. People have corrected me in the past. Language is an agreed exchange of communication, it is important.

MFBias 12-08-2021 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939767)
I’d say we Defo need 3. But palace being palace it’ll probably be 1-2.

Want not need.

We have replaced everyone that left.

PurePalace4E4 12-08-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15939957)
There is some business advantage by having a holding company in Delaware, I cannot remember what.

I'm not cognisant of Delaware law, but wither ways, it's going to be a lot trickier to get a compass on company structure for sure. Many will guess, some might be right, most may be wrong. It doesn't really effect the situation as it stands. We know that SP loves the club; he's got investment from monied people. Real money. When have we ever had that? and when have we ever been confident that it's for the clubs benefit?

If ever there has been a time to look forward to our future as a team, as a community, it is now. Some people forget too easily the travails of the past. We are in the strongest position we have ever been. Some people will just moan anyway, some will moan because they don't understand, some will moan because it's all they have ever done.

We are on the up. We are looking forwards. It's the Leicester model if I may say so. Their scouting has been second to none. Look at Southampton, who have back-pedalled dramatically. These next 3-4 years are going to be very exciting for us all. Mark this post! :)

Johnintheusa1 12-08-2021 12:16 AM

No corp tax in Delaware

ms21 12-08-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15939965)
Want not need.

We have replaced everyone that left.

I’d say we need at least 3 signings to fully back Vieira in the way he wants to play. You can disagree but thats the reason I said we need at least 3.

And btw, we haven’t replaced everyone that left and I’m not entirely sure what you’ve based that on.

The Vicar 12-08-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939918)
It must make the club harder to sell as well, if you want to takeover the club you have to deal with 4 major shareholders and who knows how many smaller investors in the US. A lot of people to negotiate with.

Probably mostly true.

But is that a good or bad thing?

The Vicar 12-08-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnintheusa1 (Post 15939970)
No corp tax in Delaware

^