CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

Eagle's Nest 13-08-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15941629)
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish canít keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.

Sharing the risk in this way is sustainable in my opinion. Plus Textor seems keen, on the face of it, on making Palace competitive.

in-exile 13-08-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil 154 (Post 15941729)
Jordan is such a dick about Parish. He admits he's 'clever' through gritted teeth after saying he 'doesn't like him' and basically calls him a tight-arse.

But has he missed the value in the deal?
Is it shares in the club and ground or more about an investment also into and owning of the level 1 academy and a future part ownership of players coming through it .... almost a horse stud investment style option?
We all know the talent from South London is seen as a goldmine.. I think Jordan is missing the deal in the deal.

Dave Hedgehog 13-08-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15941629)
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish canít keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.

Please just read the background on this story before reacting with your own 'facts'.

The £90m has come from the directors collectively - it is not all from Textor. So Parish, Blitzer and Harris have all invested a large sum back into the club.

https://twitter.com/iamAlexHowell/st...656206851?s=20

You can also look at the recent financial results to see the club's losses in recent years, and then there's the huge financial impact of the pandemic to consider.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/stat...855148034?s=20

I think people also need to understand the difference between 'investing' and 'donating'.

MFBias 13-08-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog (Post 15941917)

I think people also need to understand the difference between 'investing' and 'donating'.

Also itís very easy to spend money that isn't yours.

Norwich_Eagle 13-08-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15941629)
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish canít keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.

This is a sustainable model. I would have the risk of finances spread across different individuals then having all of our eggs in one basket. We are not and I doubt will ever be owned by a country state so to improve we either run the risk of one person potentially bankrupting themselves and the club or spread the wealth.

I certainly know which one I would prefer and it very much does not fall into the category of someone like Tony Bloom giving us £300m+ to run as a club.

MFBias 13-08-2021 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15941629)
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish canít keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.

You miss all the players coming in?

Ian J 13-08-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle (Post 15941955)
TI would have the risk of finances spread across different individuals then having all of our eggs in one basket. We are not and I doubt will ever be owned by a country state so to improve we either run the risk of one person potentially bankrupting themselves and the club or spread the wealth.

I certainly know which one I would prefer and it very much does not fall into the category of someone like Tony Bloom giving us £300m+ to run as a club.

I'm not sure that I agree with you as there is more chance of one or more of the investors falling out and wanting out than there is of someone like Tony Bloom falling out with himself

Isle of Wight 13-08-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 15939363)
He owns 25% of Benfica.

A link between the clubs could prove fruitful.

He obv likes eagles in a logo :p

swissroll 13-08-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog (Post 15941917)
Please just read the background on this story before reacting with your own 'facts'.

The £90m has come from the directors collectively - it is not all from Textor. So Parish, Blitzer and Harris have all invested a large sum back into the club.

https://twitter.com/iamAlexHowell/st...656206851?s=20

You can also look at the recent financial results to see the club's losses in recent years, and then there's the huge financial impact of the pandemic to consider.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/stat...855148034?s=20

I think people also need to understand the difference between 'investing' and 'donating'.

They will want that money back in the not too distant future so expect a sale of the club unless Textor intends a complete takeover

beef 13-08-2021 12:05 PM

Textor does not have a stake in Benfica

Since 1968 13-08-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil 154 (Post 15941729)
Jordan is such a dick about Parish. He admits he's 'clever' through gritted teeth after saying he 'doesn't like him' and basically calls him a tight-arse.

Jordan was out manoeuvered by Parish during the takeover and gone on to bring success to Palace. Something for all his bravado Jordan failed to do.

beef 13-08-2021 12:14 PM

Jordan also outmanoeuvred himself by borrowing money from a hedge fund and failing to pay it back

Eagle's Nest 13-08-2021 12:38 PM

Jordan is paid to say inflammatory things, just like his girlfriend. It's an industry and a game that isn't worth listening to.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-08-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Since 1968 (Post 15942054)
Jordan was out manoeuvered by Parish during the takeover and gone on to bring success to Palace. Something for all his bravado Jordan failed to do.

I can fully understand Jordan's resentment towards Parish, however when he has a dig, he seems to do more damage to himself then Parish.

On this occasion, it's when he makes reference to Parish being so happy because money's going into the club without him having to dig into his own pockets (not necessarily true).

All this did was to highlight the fact that two of Parish's key business points during his Palace tenure have been that

A) he wouldn't even invest in - let alone purchase - the club without the stadium

(Key SJ mistake)

And B) he didn't have sufficient wealth to fund the enterprise alone

(Key SJ mistake)

Like I said, I understand his bitterness but to keep shining a light on these things has worse implications for his reputation than Parish's.

16eagles 13-08-2021 01:33 PM

I thought SJ was fair and honest and raised factual points, yeah there’s bit envy/banter but respect also.
Would be great to get both on face2face never happen though, Parish won’t do it.

I also think he’s right this could be option to take further shares from Blitzer/Harris say in 1 years time.

Ian J 13-08-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15942076)
Jordan is paid to say inflammatory things, just like his girlfriend.

His girlfriend is actually his wife

MFBias 13-08-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15941991)
I'm not sure that I agree with you as there is more chance of one or more of the investors falling out and wanting out than there is of someone like Tony Bloom falling out with himself

If they want out they sell.

I dont see the problem.

Eagle's Nest 13-08-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15942170)
His girlfriend is actually his wife

Pretty sure they are 'partners'

AJ 13-08-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15942083)
I can fully understand Jordan's resentment towards Parish, however when he has a dig, he seems to do more damage to himself then Parish.

On this occasion, it's when he makes reference to Parish being so happy because money's going into the club without him having to dig into his own pockets (not necessarily true).

All this did was to highlight the fact that two of Parish's key business points during his Palace tenure have been that

A) he wouldn't even invest in - let alone purchase - the club without the stadium

(Key SJ mistake)

And B) he didn't have sufficient wealth to fund the enterprise alone

(Key SJ mistake)

Like I said, I understand his bitterness but to keep shining a light on these things has worse implications for his reputation than Parish's.

I would think his biggest mistake was when he reportedly turned down an offer from the eventual 2010 consortium to take over the running of the club a year before admin(I assume that is true). Moses would have stayed a Palace player.

Ian J 13-08-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 15942192)
If they want out they sell.

I dont see the problem.

It's not that easy to sell 18% of a private company


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.