CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

Ian J 13-08-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15942193)
Pretty sure they are 'partners'

Apologies as it appears that you are correct. A few media outlets have referred to her as his wife but it seems that they aren't actually married

MFBias 13-08-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15942232)
It's not that easy to sell 18% of a private company

We will have to see if they fall out over the last jaffa cake then. I really hope not. Im ‘worried’

dave_who_ru 13-08-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15941991)
I'm not sure that I agree with you as there is more chance of one or more of the investors falling out and wanting out than there is of someone like Tony Bloom falling out with himself

When Tony Bloom dies or maybe when his whole wealth is a scam (which I am not suggesting it is), where next?

dave_who_ru 13-08-2021 07:08 PM

Just to get it right, Tony Bloom was owed £304m by various companies as at 30 June 2020 (all interest free).

The bulk of that was Brighton - £233m - that had increased by £32m since the previous year.

No idea what family he has but someone might not want to continue pouring money into Brighton or they might want some money back, if Bloom dies.

Stavros 69 13-08-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 15939363)
He owns 25% of Benfica.

A link between the clubs could prove fruitful.

He doesn’t own 25% of Benfica.

dave_who_ru 13-08-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissroll (Post 15942034)
They will want that money back in the not too distant future so expect a sale of the club unless Textor intends a complete takeover

Most owners will want their money back at sometime as that is the only exit strategy.

Who knows what is happening at Palace. More investors coming on board (Franco?) and seemingly Harris / Blitzer no longer trying to sell.

It seems to me that SP has continued to play a blinder, although we don't know what part the Americans have played.

The Academy looks increasingly important in the scope of things.

Nth Kent Eagle 13-08-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15942512)
Most owners will want their money back at sometime as that is the only exit strategy.

Who knows what is happening at Palace. More investors coming on board (Franco?) and seemingly Harris / Blitzer no longer trying to sell.

It seems to me that SP has continued to play a blinder, although we don't know what part the Americans have played.

The Academy looks increasingly important in the scope of things.

It’s the only realistic way to significantly achieve revenue growth over the medium term, now the ground expansion isn’t likely any time soon due to the Sainsbury’s stand off.

redandblue 13-08-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15942226)
I would think his biggest mistake was when he reportedly turned down an offer from the eventual 2010 consortium to take over the running of the club a year before admin(I assume that is true). Moses would have stayed a Palace player.

Warnocks biography says Moses was always going to be sold the. Anyway

gregors 13-08-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15942083)
I can fully understand Jordan's resentment towards Parish, however when he has a dig, he seems to do more damage to himself then Parish.

On this occasion, it's when he makes reference to Parish being so happy because money's going into the club without him having to dig into his own pockets (not necessarily true).

All this did was to highlight the fact that two of Parish's key business points during his Palace tenure have been that

A) he wouldn't even invest in - let alone purchase - the club without the stadium

(Key SJ mistake)

And B) he didn't have sufficient wealth to fund the enterprise alone

(Key SJ mistake)

Like I said, I understand his bitterness but to keep shining a light on these things has worse implications for his reputation than Parish's.

Beautiful. Perfect observation. It just makes you feel sorry for Simon though. Silly sausage.

bubbs11 14-08-2021 07:55 PM

https://twitter.com/JohnTextor/statu...214841861?s=20

Tim 15-08-2021 12:23 AM

Need to get your cheque book out again Jonnie boy!

Gazza2 16-08-2021 11:08 PM

Kevin Day's co host of The Price of Football podcast is sometimes asked to estimate a £ value of Football clubs for potential investors due to his Football finances expertise. He said on this week's episode that for the near £90m Textor has invested, he now probably owns more than 40% of the club.

Eagle's Nest 16-08-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza2 (Post 15948803)
Kevin Day's co host of The Price of Football podcast is sometimes asked to estimate a £ value of Football clubs for potential investors due to his Football finances expertise. He said on this week's episode that for the near £90m Textor has invested, he now probably owns more than 40% of the club.

I think that undervalues the club.

Gazza2 16-08-2021 11:19 PM

On the pod they believed Palace are currently worth between £200m and £250m.
I've heard him say that Palace were worth between £250m and £275m a long while back but obviously football club valuations are a bit lower currently.

I'm a qualified accountant and football finances have long been a hobby of mine. I tend to read everything I can find on clubs being sold or part sold. I'm no expert but not a novice. I had Palace valued at upto £300m for various reasons I won't bore you with. But even at my valuation, Textor would still own about 30% which makes him comfortably the biggest shareholder.

Gazza2 16-08-2021 11:25 PM

That's assuming all of his investment was for an equity share of the club. It could be that some of it was for advertising/sponsorship rights, etc. Palace announcement didn't specify the exact nature of the investment.

AJ 16-08-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza2 (Post 15948813)
I've heard him say that Palace were worth between £250m and £275m a long while back but obviously football club valuations are a bit lower currently.

I'm a qualified accountant and football finances have long been a hobby of mine. I tend to read everything I can find on clubs being sold or part sold. I'm no expert but not a novice. I had Palace valued at upto £300m for various reasons I won't bore you with. But even at my valuation, Textor would still own about 30% which makes him comfortably the biggest shareholder.

Not bad considering Cpfc2010 paid about 20m including the ground for the club.

theCoach 16-08-2021 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15942486)
Just to get it right, Tony Bloom was owed £304m by various companies as at 30 June 2020 (all interest free).

The bulk of that was Brighton - £233m - that had increased by £32m since the previous year.

No idea what family he has but someone might not want to continue pouring money into Brighton or they might want some money back, if Bloom dies.

One thing's for sure seeweed too dependant on 1 individual. I prefer the business model put together by us./ Steve Parrish. Brighton get relegated and who and how is that re paid........as if I should care.
As for us I would think the set up is closer to parish et al 25%.......Harris 25, blitzer 25 and textor 25.
Not sure why this remains subject to debate.........so long as Steve remains 'in control' we should feel comfortable

Big Blue Eagle 17-08-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza2 (Post 15948803)

As you say, it is dependant on the nature of the investment. For example, £25m could be a contractually agreed investment at a future date for the new stand, make it 4 loans of 25 rather than 3 of 30. The reality won’t be in b&w anywhere as we are a private company, but logic suggests maybe 20-22% for each of the main 4 and the other 10-12% in smaller investors like the old 2010ers and the S African guy.

jeffers1960 17-08-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15944969)

it was good to see him in the White Horse at Parsons Green before the game with the Palace fans !

Shoreditch CPFC 17-08-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza2 (Post 15948813)

since when has anyone ever relied on accountants to value investments? Especially ones with a lifestyle element to owning them.