CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

red&blue_moomin 24-12-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle (Post 16168211)
Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor is in talks to buy Belgian second-tier club RWD Molenbeek, The Athletic can reveal.

https://theathletic.com/news/crystal.../C8oAQaApEHpR/

There we go the strategy becomes clearer. Can see a player development route from world > Belgium > European top 4 league. They're like second or something in the Belgian 2nd division. A while back Belgium and Netherlands were trying to create a combined league pyramid to make both leagues more competitive with other European leagues. If that's still ongoing then it makes even more sense. Although even if it doesn't I can see the value in doing this.

Leicesters owners own the club just above them in the table I think so clearly not the only Premier League club with some outside the box thinking. Brighton as well so be interesting to see how many worldwide football groups include a Belgian club.

Be interesting to see what happens with Montes if this goes through. Clearly given up on Portugal as a source of players and development. Belgium makes sense as a lot of good players have come from there and being involved in the Belgian system while having access to a Premier League clubs behind the scenes staff and coaches is not the worst idea.

BillyTKid 24-12-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 16168734)
There we go the strategy becomes clearer. Can see a player development route from world > Belgium > European top 4 league. They're like second or something in the Belgian 2nd division. A while back Belgium and Netherlands were trying to create a combined league pyramid to make both leagues more competitive with other European leagues. If that's still ongoing then it makes even more sense. Although even if it doesn't I can see the value in doing this.

Leicesters owners own the club just above them in the table I think so clearly not the only Premier League club with some outside the box thinking. Brighton as well so be interesting to see how many worldwide football groups include a Belgian club.

Be interesting to see what happens with Montes if this goes through. Clearly given up on Portugal as a source of players and development. Belgium makes sense as a lot of good players have come from there and being involved in the Belgian system while having access to a Premier League clubs behind the scenes staff and coaches is not the worst idea.

I think Textor wants a landing bay for young North American talent. He refenced that in the Athletic interview a little while ago. I'd imagine this will solve that issue, if good enough they can move on to Palace after meeting the permit requirements.

ForestGateEagle 24-12-2021 11:52 AM

Good to see long term positive thinking, with a strategy to deliver it.

Textor certainly seems like a welcome breath of fresh air, and unlike the other American co-owners, has great ideas for helping push the club forward.

Another shrewd move by the club in the summer (on top of squad and manager refresh), bringing him on-board.

In years to come 2021 could well be seen as a huge turning point in Palace's history.

Dave Hedgehog 24-12-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 16168813)
I think Textor wants a landing bay for young North American talent. He refenced that in the Athletic interview a little while ago. I'd imagine this will solve that issue, if good enough they can move on to Palace after meeting the permit requirements.

It's a really good interview if anybody missed this a few weeks back:
https://podcasts.apple.com/jo/podcas...=1000543023908

He also mentions that he suffered a head injury as a child, which helps to explain his interest in Palace.

dannyboy1807 24-12-2021 08:09 PM

Looks like he has purchased a stake in Brazilian side Botafogo

eagle mart 24-12-2021 08:39 PM

Palace just tweeted about a Xmas youtube quiz. And there have been 145 replies from Botafogo fans in 5mins.

Old Joe Paxton 26-12-2021 01:51 AM

Brazilians on Palace Twitter like Turkish fans when a Palae-transfer rumour occurs: numerous, persistent - but not c vn ty, aggressive or malign…

Sp1Eagle 20-03-2022 02:31 PM

U.S. investor John Textor is keen to increase his 40% stake in south London’s Crystal Palace Football Club, according to a person familiar with the matter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic..._medium=social

jimos_uk 27-05-2022 08:09 PM

Rumoured to be in to buy nearly 40% of OL in France.

If true (and it probably isn't), he's definitely building an interesting portfolio of clubs.

Hazbaz 27-05-2022 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimos_uk (Post 16448977)
Rumoured to be in to buy nearly 40% of OL in France.

If true (and it probably isn't), he's definitely building an interesting portfolio of clubs.

Interesting depending on who he sees as the jewel in the crown if itís us then Iím all for it if itís not then not so sure

switchboard 27-05-2022 09:31 PM

Aren’t the other American owners (Chelsea ones) buying St Etienne?

Blind_Eagle 27-05-2022 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazbaz (Post 16448999)
Interesting depending on who he sees as the jewel in the crown if itís us then Iím all for it if itís not then not so sure

I get your point, it could be potentially great for us.

But itís not way I personally want Palace to grow, leaching the best kids off an overseas co-owned team is just plain wrong.

Imagine if the owners of one of the richest European clubs bought us out and we had no control of our players? Players like Olise would be gone in a flash.

I acknowledge that, having watched Palace at Selhurst for 55 years, Iím a bit of a dinosaur to most on here. Investment like this is probably the way to go, but football as I know it, is pretty much dead when this sort of shit becomes the norm.

adrenalin john 28-05-2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16449176)
I get your point, it could be potentially great for us.

But it’s not way I personally want Palace to grow, leaching the best kids off an overseas co-owned team is just plain wrong.

Imagine if the owners of one of the richest European clubs bought us out and we had no control of our players? Players like Olise would be gone in a flash.

I acknowledge that, having watched Palace at Selhurst for 55 years, I’m a bit of a dinosaur to most on here. Investment like this is probably the way to go, but football as I know it, is pretty much dead when this sort of shit becomes the norm.

Football authorities need to act. Players can only be registered to one club, it has to be the same for owners. Enough of these Pozzi schemes

Wookiee_Time 28-05-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16449176)
I get your point, it could be potentially great for us.

But itís not way I personally want Palace to grow, leaching the best kids off an overseas co-owned team is just plain wrong.

Imagine if the owners of one of the richest European clubs bought us out and we had no control of our players? Players like Olise would be gone in a flash.

If one of the "richest European clubs" wanted Olise in a flash they'd have him already. It's just a matter of price.

Of course, if that club was owned by a Textor, the price might be a lot lower.

But then we'd still have the investment from the Textor that brought Olise to the club in the first place. And presumably, the more we develop players that benefit the Textor's investments, the more money he invests back in to Palace. Financially it's a wash. Football is a business and for the investors it's about grabbing as much cash as they can as fast as they can. They'll continuously push the limits of what fans will tolerate as long as they can make more money doing it.

The big problem you are worried about is already here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lester Bangs (played by Philip Seymour Hoffman) in Almost Famous

...the war is over. They won. And 99% of what passes for "rock 'n' roll" these days? Silence is more compelling


Blind_Eagle 28-05-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wookiee_Time (Post 16450017)
The big problem you are worried about is already here.

I’m not worried in the least, I’m just pissed off. :)

Wookiee_Time 28-05-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 16451110)
Iím not worried in the least, Iím just pissed off. :)

You and me both. I also agree anything that makes the problem worse is worth opposing.

BillyTKid 20-06-2022 10:31 AM

Reports from Bloomberg that John Textor is making a 90m euros investment in Lyon football club for a minority holding (valuing club at 800m euros).

The level of investment he is making in football doesn't really seem to tally with the speculation of his total net worth on the internet. Either his net worth is bigger than reported, he is putting most of his net worth into football or he is borrowing to do it.

He has also been heavily linked with making a significant investment in Benfica or Porto.

Martin H 20-06-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 16492657)
Reports from Bloomberg that John Textor is making a 90m euros investment in Lyon football club for a minority holding (valuing club at 800m euros).

The level of investment he is making in football doesn't really seem to tally with the speculation of his total net worth on the internet. Either his net worth is bigger than reported, he is putting most of his net worth into football or he is borrowing to do it.

He has also been heavily linked with making a significant investment in Benfica or Porto.

I just hope he is better than Goldberg and Jordan turned out to be with their personal financials. I know some moan that the other US investors are quiet/silent but give me thag and huge wealth every day vs those that like to be in the limelight every day with a loud hailer. The latter worry me that they look to leverage their assets to fit their marketed image and tip over when something goes wrong in their house of cards. Textor has been good fun so far but he does seem a little familiar and the more attention. He seeks the more I get nervous. Strap in tight.

Cliched to death but things look as rosy as I can remember for a long time and it would be Ďtypical Palaceí that after claiming the oldest club in the world that ÖÖ.

Not going to stress over it, just enjoy the ride.

Soarin' Eagles 20-06-2022 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 16492657)
Reports from Bloomberg that John Textor is making a 90m euros investment in Lyon football club for a minority holding (valuing club at 800m euros).

The level of investment he is making in football doesn't really seem to tally with the speculation of his total net worth on the internet. Either his net worth is bigger than reported, he is putting most of his net worth into football or he is borrowing to do it.

He has also been heavily linked with making a significant investment in Benfica or Porto.

Not sure how he is able to finance all of it. Slightly concerning and grateful blitzer & harris failed in their attempt to buy Chelsea.

He must have more than the reported net worth, as I would be surprised if Parish allowed him to come on board otherwise.

Harry Holmesdale 20-06-2022 12:33 PM

What is his strategy? He seems to be investing 'little' bits here and there all across the world


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.