CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

Stavros 69 11-08-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 15939554)
The profit is in how they exit.

Anyhow, at least this explains where the cash for the transfers was coming from.

We all know how it ends

jamesc_24 11-08-2021 10:34 PM

Quite happy with this. Anyone that invests in a football club either has A) money to burn B) a love for the game or c) completely mental. Fits all the criteria.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X75 (Post 15939383)
No. I would think that new shares will be created so that the money goes directly to the Company (club) rather than the current owners.

Yeah, new shares created at the current value; if the current directors consider that the value of the club has risen by 25% over the last 4 years for example, then they divide that by four (including Mr Textor) and offer a share/shares at around that rated value.

It would appear that the value of our club is rising so there is more revenue or potential revenue available for a new investors.

It's a bit of a complex answer to be honest and takes into account, assets, potential future earnings, as well as agreed investment in infrastrucutre shared across the board.

Throw it into a pot, and you come up with a magic number. which clearly Mr T is on board with.

Hoping that the gamesmanship (i.e. he's helped us buy these players rather than the fact that there may be more revenue for players) works well if this is the case and if there is additional revenue for players, playing our hand well will continue to provide value as the window approaches it's conclusion.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direwolf (Post 15939386)
You seem to be missing the point that he owns 25% of Benfica as well. Why would he poach players from them in favour of us?

To put them in the shop window of a more highly-regarded league. Apparently.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15939396)
Full of Blitz, Textor and Harris

Blitz, Textor and Parish...

Yeah, one or t'other would work :)

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle (Post 15939399)
Parishís statement said that Textor has already invested huge sums of money to help bolster the squad so donít expect much more cash from him if he has already invested huge sums!

*cough*

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939466)
After the attempted EFL bullshit, not sure I want to see more Yanks anywhere near football, let alone our club. We know how they think. Hopefully, this is the one American investor willing to put in more than the minimum to protect his investment. It also makes Harris and Blizter's contributions look far less generous to this window than we may have thought.

But I guess we can't turn up our nose at a time like this. Hope we don't regret it later.

Hah. They are looking to improve the value of their investment with their current/future plans. They ain't here for a quick buck, it ain't going to happen. SP is too savvy and has played a blinder from an outsiders far distant POV. The club is shaping up nicely for the future IMO.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 15939473)
Ok yeah as before makes sense, but sure essentially UK based investment is 50% and US is 50% thatís what Iím trying to work out.

Money has been invested at different stages of the clubs growth, so it doesn't really work like that. Money invested in 2010 (minimal) grew in value as we have grown in stature (!?), so a shareholding of a given value is at a multiple of what it would have been then.

Finance stuff.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939482)
Hope so but I'm not sure how Parish can maintain that with an ever diminishing stake in the club. Not that I am an expert on such matters.

If he is adding investment as has been reported, then why should his stake-holding be diminishing necessarily?

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15939498)
All I wrote was that I am less than happy at the general conduct of American investors in football and less than impressed at how they have allowed our squad to denigrate to the point that it has. If you feel the need to defend them, then that is you rightful POV.

degenerate.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939539)
Would have thought Parish, Blizter and Harris would dilute at the same rate.

Indeed, it would be balanced if this was the case and it may well be so.

We'll find out when it's reported at CH.

les aigles 11-08-2021 11:07 PM

Its a shame we don't have the 50+1 setup from the Bundesliga. Always thought the Supporters Trust missed a trick by not acquiring a permanent stake in the club.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfy (Post 15939576)
I almost feel sorry for Steve P as a relative pauper in their company!

Oh, he's not. As far as CPFC goes, his stake-holding has increased ten-fold if not more, as envisaged on paper.

Ticehurst 11-08-2021 11:11 PM

Why do people on here take the piss on people's spelling etc.. We're all different and not all super educated but we support and love our club. Find it very annoying back to the point in question this seems a really good move he comes across really well. After watching tonight moreno from villa Real would be great very intelligent player.. But that funny lot are having kittens with all that's happening at the palace.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15939592)
I can't read this, is there an edited version?

Yeah, I was a bit TL;DR, especially with the continued malapropism, which put me right off.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15939904)
Why do people on here take the piss on people's spelling etc.. We're all different and not all super educated but we support and love our club. Find it very annoying back to the point in question this seems a really good move he comes across really well. After watching tonight moreno from villa Real would be great very intelligent player.. But that funny lot are having kittens with all that's happening at the palace.

it's not about misspelling, it's about using of the wrong word.

malaprop
[ˈmaləˌpršp]
NOUN
malapropism (noun)
the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with unintentionally amusing effect, as in, for example, “dance a flamingo” (instead of flamenco).

spt1978 11-08-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurePalace4E4 (Post 15939900)
Indeed, it would be balanced if this was the case and it may well be so.

We'll find out when it's reported at CH.

Very hard to get an exact picture of our ownership structure, not enough info at CH!

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger1 (Post 15939623)
I think he only owns 10% of it.

$450m isn't enough for a 10% share in Palace We Want MOAAAAR!

16eagles 11-08-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les aigles (Post 15939901)
Its a shame we don't have the 50+1 setup from the Bundesliga. Always thought the Supporters Trust missed a trick by not acquiring a permanent stake in the club.

Agreed I think in should be mandatory for all across 4 divisions to have at least 25% fan ownership. Would help stop breakaways and future dodgy investment.

PurePalace4E4 11-08-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15939909)
Very hard to get an exact picture of our ownership structure, not enough info at CH!

Indeed; and when the HoldCo is in Delaware, it's a lot more tricky!