CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Politics Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Poll keep politics in a separate politics forum! (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=277686)

in-exile 08-01-2019 11:49 AM

Poll keep politics in a separate politics forum!

I don't think the majority want politics in general discussion on a football BBS.

NickP 08-01-2019 11:53 AM

Can we have a separate forum for sex, religion, clothing, insurance & banking, medical problems - just what do you want to include in your "general discussions"?

Utter utter banalities?

in-exile 08-01-2019 11:53 AM

Maybe this should be on the general discussion board to get a true cross sample ... Not just the political beasts.

NickP 08-01-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14582371)
Maybe this should be on the general discussion board to get a true cross sample ... Not just the political beasts.

aaah goalposts getting moved....

racehorse-80s 08-01-2019 11:54 AM

I voted remain .

NickP 08-01-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse-80s (Post 14582382)
I voted remain .

What sort of forum will we get? Soft? Cliff edge?

Forum means forum. A bad forum is better than no forum.

in-exile 08-01-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse-80s (Post 14582382)
I voted remain .

Exactly these voters for LEAVE the political forum, back into the big wide world of general discussion .... Don't know the future or what they voted for! :supergrin:

smileysmith 08-01-2019 12:35 PM

Separate means separate.

Reps AJ 08-01-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14582330)
I don't think the majority want politics in general discussion on a football BBS.

And yet you seem obsessed with these threads.

If you aren't interested, don't click on the them. It shouldn't be a difficult thing for a grown man to cope with

Brummie Allan 08-01-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14582371)

I've copied it in there, not sure how that's going to work.

Richard 08-01-2019 01:05 PM

I'm guessing the result in here will be to move politics back into GCC, and the result in GCC will be to keep it separate.

Of course, the interesting thing (well slightly) is how many people - and who - vote in both forums ...

(Er, shouldn't it be up to the Mods where and when to run a poll - I thought there was going to be a three month trial ?)

Hpalace 08-01-2019 01:19 PM

Is this an advisory poll?

stevek 08-01-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 14582654)
I'm guessing the result in here will be to move politics back into GCC, and the result in GCC will be to keep it separate.

Of course, the interesting thing (well slightly) is how many people - and who - vote in both forums ...

(Er, shouldn't it be up to the Mods where and when to run a poll - I thought there was going to be a three month trial ?)

Until I saw this post, I thought the mods had moved the thread!

Scifo 08-01-2019 01:35 PM

If we ever get the home page back then I'm happy for it to have its own forum. The way things are at the moment though it's annoying enough to click on each forum individually to see if there's anything new, without adding an additional one.

Raggy 08-01-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14582582)
Exactly these voters for LEAVE the political forum, back into the big wide world of general discussion .... Don't know the future or what they voted for! :supergrin:

:D

Why put it to a vote in the first place? Everyone on here is an ignorant pleb who can't be trusted with a decision of such importance. I am so disgusted that I feel physically sick.

I demand that a faceless anonymous Mod decides the outcome, and then beats any naysayers with a big stick.

sideburns7 08-01-2019 05:02 PM

They will keep moaning until they get there way,seems to be on trend

racehorse-80s 08-01-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sideburns7 (Post 14583161)
They will keep moaning until they get there way,seems to be on trend

They certainly will , It's been so much better on here since the Brexit thread has moved to the new political forum , Those who voted brexit have posted less and the never happy remoaners are bitching with mods over being ignored instead.

The irony is the vote for brexit was all about the ignored getting off their backsides and voting for change and now the remoaners are complaining themselves about being ignored , yet want to ignore the leave voters and abandon brexit .

Hpalace 08-01-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse-80s (Post 14583271)
They certainly will , It's been so much better on here since the Brexit thread has moved to the new political forum , Those who voted brexit have posted less and the never happy remoaners are bitching with mods over being ignored instead.

The irony is the vote for brexit was all about the ignored getting off their backsides and voting for change and now the remoaners are complaining themselves about being ignored , yet want to ignore the leave voters and abandon brexit .

You have literally just posted about Brexit in general chit chat.

FFS

Raggy 08-01-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse-80s (Post 14583271)

:D

Maz 08-01-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpalace (Post 14583306)
You have literally just posted about Brexit in general chit chat.

FFS

Quite.