CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Live Com and Updates: u23 v Ipswich - Live Streamed - 1pm (4th February) (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278000)

gold76 04-02-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle (Post 14632761)
In the end this game had an exciting finish. I do have to say though that fans seem now to be treated abomiably for wishing to watch th u23s. Having parked up in Copers Cope road I was then dircted right round the grounds past the Kent cricket ground and directed into a tiny corner taped off from the rest of the facility in which to watch, No hance of refreshment, no toilet facilies that I could see and a truly grotty angle to watch the game from, perish the thought no teamsheet either. Since I was also charged nothing the impression was that they dont expect supporters to even turn out Agents and scouts got to go in the main entrance. Nice!Two lovely finishes from the young centre forward but our players seemed to go through th motions a bit today

I went once with a mate, circa 15 years ago, Akinbiyi was playing for us..

I thought they had banned spectators due to pilfery tbh..

Much better would be to play at somewhere like Croydon Athetic, or indeed Tooting and Mitcham, I did used to watch the ressies at plough lane, but admittedly that was 25 years ago and now, sadly knocked down

gold76 04-02-2019 07:58 PM

From the stream, Flanagan looked good and Brandon Pierrick full of running.. trialist not too shabby

Brighty pulls no punches!

Fatboy 04-02-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedge end eagle (Post 14632515)
We need to give Flanagan another contract please

What ! - he must be well over 60 by now. Does not look like this anymore....
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2JYAA...wLf/s-l300.jpg

Woosie 04-02-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasbroad (Post 14632512)
17 I think!

Think he's still 16 (Pierrick). Very good prospect. Better all round game than TQ Addy, and often ends up playing out of position as a CF for the 23s

hedge end eagle 04-02-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 14632810)
What ! - he must be well over 60 by now. Does not look like this anymore....
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2JYAA...wLf/s-l300.jpg

:D can't believe he doesn't still have that hairstyle though..:p

firesign 04-02-2019 09:24 PM

Just been reading up on Flanagan - didn't realise he plays for Rep of Ireland. Following in the footsteps of the great Jerry Murphy :)

Celestial Empire 05-02-2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14632716)
How do Ipswich have such a good U23 side but such a shite 1st team ?

Didn't the new owner sell a lot of senior players who were too expensive, then start again with a bunch of young players ?
They'll probably go down, but might bounce straight back up.

VSEagle215 05-02-2019 12:57 AM

Any reason why Kian Flanagan does not go out on loan? Looks like a good player who could benefit from some "real football".

Hedgehog 05-02-2019 01:20 AM

Boy, that Perri is a big lad... might be bordering on too big.

Scifo 05-02-2019 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14633134)
Boy, that Perri is a big lad... might be bordering on too big.

He can smash to ball from one end the football field to the other. Hennessey might be looking over his shoulder :D

Hedgehog 05-02-2019 02:55 AM

Had to smile at the Brandon Pierrick interview... Apparently not a Palace fan growing up judging by the smile on his face when pushed.

mushroom 05-02-2019 05:54 AM

I thought our marking was piss poor

Sir.S.C Remembered 05-02-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14633151)
Had to smile at the Brandon Pierrick interview... Apparently not a Palace fan growing up judging by the smile on his face when pushed.

Not a mathematician either ;)

Gazpacho 05-02-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosie (Post 14632822)
Think he's still 16 (Pierrick). Very good prospect. Better all round game than TQ Addy, and often ends up playing out of position as a CF for the 23s

Pierrick did well for a 16 year old.

Thought Flannagan had a very good finish for his goal but not convinced by his defensive game from what I saw. Some work to do there maybe?

Lumeka is someone who could do well. Does some good stuff but I get the impression Palace want to see it more often? Need to tease it out of him!

Trialist came on at right back. Defensively naive, perhaps not yet 'football fit' but did some good stuff going forward.

Thought Street had a natural forward's instinct and timing in the time he was on.

bodger 05-02-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial Empire (Post 14633114)
Didn't the new owner sell a lot of senior players who were too expensive, then start again with a bunch of young players ?
They'll probably go down, but might bounce straight back up.

MIGHT. As soon as they are good enough they will want the going rate or leave thats the way of the football world. Playing in real full on div 1/2 games is far tougher on the body then premier league so you can never tell how good players are until they have been given a chance.

Chillo 05-02-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 14632801)
Brighty pulls no punches!

I think his commentary/comments are reason enough for watching the stream.

wrightchipvcfc 05-02-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle (Post 14632761)
In the end this game had an exciting finish. I do have to say though that fans seem now to be treated abomiably for wishing to watch th u23s. Having parked up in Copers Cope road I was then dircted right round the grounds past the Kent cricket ground and directed into a tiny corner taped off from the rest of the facility in which to watch, No hance of refreshment, no toilet facilies that I could see and a truly grotty angle to watch the game from, perish the thought no teamsheet either. Since I was also charged nothing the impression was that they dont expect supporters to even turn out Agents and scouts got to go in the main entrance. Nice!Two lovely finishes from the young centre forward but our players seemed to go through th motions a bit today

A lot of fans who use to go totting bromley ect to watch u 23 s came to the conclusion club parish don't want you to come and watch . So now he saves money on borrowing a non league ground plays as few games as he can at selhurst think you have to play about 5 on home ground by rules of league then treats fans like that at beckenham

thomasbroad 05-02-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosie (Post 14632822)

Biggest compliment I could pay him is that he plays like a player much older than a 16 year old and definitely looked more dangerous out wide.

Really enjoy hearing Brighty's commentary and insight.

ianace 05-02-2019 05:12 PM

Lumeka looks excellent in these clips.
Can he make the first team bench as cover for Wilf & Andros?

JackTheBiscuit 05-02-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianace (Post 14633899)
Lumeka looks excellent in these clips.
Can he make the first team bench as cover for Wilf & Andros?

Err Sako, Ayew, Schlupp