CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

spt1978 12-08-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ (Post 15939957)
There is some business advantage by having a holding company in Delaware, I cannot remember what.

It’s an onshore tax haven and you do not have to make company ownership public.

Random* 12-08-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15940164)
It’s an onshore tax haven and you do not have to make company ownership public.

Within the US it's seen as more relaxed in its rules than Jersey and the Cayman Islands, which is saying something.

As I understand it you can purchase a drop box, declare that as your company HQ and take advantage of the 0% corporate tax rate. All anonymously of course, which means that plenty of murky businesses (like those linked to organised crime) set up their 'legitimate' shell companies there too.

MFBias 12-08-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939995)
Well if you’re using 2 players for one spot & including players we already have at the club then I guess you could argue we replaced Van Aanholt with Mitchell and Cahill/Dann with Andersen. I’m not saying we need to sign another CB given the other priorities in the squad and even at left back there are bigger priorities. But to say we’ve replaced everyone in the context of signings is not true. We also haven’t replaced Barshuayi and if you were to look at the vast majority of PL clubs you’d see at least 3 strikers in the squad. That’s even more pertinent for us given the type of strikers we currently have at the club. Then you move onto CM and IMO we’re not in a position to dominate the midfield against anyone in the PL with the current midfielders we have in the squad.

In an ideal world it’d be more than 3. But 3 is the bare minimum the club should be aiming for before close of play IMO. But as I said, I’d expect it to be 1-2. Just hope one is a central midfielder.

The squad would be in very good shape if Roy were still the manager. But it’s different with someone like Vieira, he needs a certain profile of squad to play the way he wants to and that squad is still quite short. And he said so himself in the post match interview at Watford.

The club planned for departures before the window hence including players signed before, they didnt have to be signed this window to qualify, that would be arbitrary. Mitchell has been groomed to take Van Aanholt’s spot. I dont think we needed to replace all 3 centre backs as Sakho was crocked and the other two were OAPs, plus Kelly who is a decent centre back hardly got near the team last year. McCarthy was pretty non-existent, Gallagher is an upgrade in midfield.

I would argue Batshuayi was replaced by Mateta who was signed at Christmas. We do have 3 Strikers - Benteke, Mateta and Ayew. Batshuayi was hopeless last year. Yes a signing a striker would be ideal, which is why it is a want, but I dont think it is a need. The players that have departed have been replaced anything on too is a bonus, that is my point. Obviously the more we back Vieira the better, I hope we sign more players, but I think we have succeeded this window even if the business stops now for us. We were clearly in the market for Armstrong but only at the right price.

Big Blue Eagle 12-08-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms21 (Post 15939995)
Well if you’re using 2 players for one spot & including players we already have at the club then I guess you could argue we replaced Van Aanholt with Mitchell and Cahill/Dann with Andersen. I’m not saying we need to sign another CB given the other priorities in the squad and even at left back there are bigger priorities. But to say we’ve replaced everyone in the context of signings is not true. We also haven’t replaced Barshuayi and if you were to look at the vast majority of PL clubs you’d see at least 3 strikers in the squad. That’s even more pertinent for us given the type of strikers we currently have at the club. Then you move onto CM and IMO we’re not in a position to dominate the midfield against anyone in the PL with the current midfielders we have in the squad.

In an ideal world it’d be more than 3. But 3 is the bare minimum the club should be aiming for before close of play IMO. But as I said, I’d expect it to be 1-2. Just hope one is a central midfielder.

The squad would be in very good shape if Roy were still the manager. But it’s different with someone like Vieira, he needs a certain profile of squad to play the way he wants to and that squad is still quite short. And he said so himself in the post match interview at Watford.

I don’t think there is a fan of the club anywhere who wouldn’t want more and better players, especially in some positions. But…as fans we are lacking information on the opinions and logic being applied by the management across the club.

We know that there have been three priorities in this transformation - that will run over 2 or 3 windows. 1) Reduce the age & wage bill 2) Open doors for young players to come through and 3) Get a manager that is more willing to play more expansive football - but not crazily so.

Number 1 has certainly been achieved in anyone’s eyes and number 3 seems to be there in pre season, but the real test is still to come.

Point 2 is the crucial one, combined with what the club management think of the players we have. We will never have home grown players in every position, no club will, and at varying times the ones waiting to break through will not be in positions we need resources so we need to go and buy players. But as fans we have opinions on players that may be wildly at odds with the view of the pros, for existing players and even more the case with youngsters.

LB is the debate this window. We have Mitchell, Hamman and Adaramola at 22, 21 and 17 respectively. The considered opinion of Derry, McCarthy and Dougie may well be that those three are currently likely to be good enough to cover that position long term for the next 8-10 years, or else be the next AWB funding stream. And, options like Clyne, Schlupp etc as injury cover is fine for this season.

Similarly, PV may see the player we all thought we bought in Jairo finally emerging - he is still only 25 after all - and that he can add the final touches with coaching to make him a top flight DM.

Between them I trust PV to tell DF & co what he needs, after the past couple of windows particularly, DF to find players to match, and, with the wages back under control, the owners to come up with the money. Textor is an additional piece of the jigsaw on funding

The glaring gaps that fans and some BBS posters claim to see may be considered no issue at all by the management, coaching and ownership team. Who do this for a living, and whose jobs depend on making the right decisions.

Ian J 12-08-2021 09:35 AM

What happened to that South African bloke that stuck £5m into the club a few months ago?

daverambo2 12-08-2021 09:40 AM

Presumably accounting wise the new signings are still coming from the space made by the reduced amortisation and wages cost from all of the players leaving. We could afford them accounting wise but may not have had the cashflow to pay proportion of fees upfront etc... So the Textor money helps us do that, but I doubt we will go over the headroom we have created in the accounts and that's probably a good thing.

Billy Rhino 12-08-2021 09:43 AM

I think you have to put these types of deals into context.

To do this you have to be a good contextor

BillyTKid 12-08-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15940196)
I don’t think there is a fan of the club anywhere who wouldn’t want more and better players, especially in some positions. But…as fans we are lacking information on the opinions and logic being applied by the management across the club.

We know that there have been three priorities in this transformation - that will run over 2 or 3 windows. 1) Reduce the age & wage bill 2) Open doors for young players to come through and 3) Get a manager that is more willing to play more expansive football - but not crazily so.

Number 1 has certainly been achieved in anyone’s eyes and number 3 seems to be there in pre season, but the real test is still to come.

Point 2 is the crucial one, combined with what the club management think of the players we have. We will never have home grown players in every position, no club will, and at varying times the ones waiting to break through will not be in positions we need resources so we need to go and buy players. But as fans we have opinions on players that may be wildly at odds with the view of the pros, for existing players and even more the case with youngsters.

LB is the debate this window. We have Mitchell, Hamman and Adaramola at 22, 21 and 17 respectively. The considered opinion of Derry, McCarthy and Dougie may well be that those three are currently likely to be good enough to cover that position long term for the next 8-10 years, or else be the next AWB funding stream. And, options like Clyne, Schlupp etc as injury cover is fine for this season.

Similarly, PV may see the player we all thought we bought in Jairo finally emerging - he is still only 25 after all - and that he can add the final touches with coaching to make him a top flight DM.

Between them I trust PV to tell DF & co what he needs, after the past couple of windows particularly, DF to find players to match, and, with the wages back under control, the owners to come up with the money. Textor is an additional piece of the jigsaw on funding

The glaring gaps that fans and some BBS posters claim to see may be considered no issue at all by the management, coaching and ownership team. Who do this for a living, and whose jobs depend on making the right decisions.

Nathan Ferguson also made half his WBA appearances at left back.

Ticehurst 12-08-2021 11:32 AM

Jordan just talking on talksport he actually was full of admiration for parish on this. And also reckons its an excellent addition for the club, Didn't know he has his own academy in america and loves his football. Exciting times.

Malarkey 12-08-2021 11:38 AM

John Textor is liking tweets from our fans who are telling him to get Madueke :D

Big Blue Eagle 12-08-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticehurst (Post 15940345)
Jordan just talking on talksport he actually was full of admiration for parish on this. And also reckons its an excellent addition for the club, Didn't know he has his own academy in america and loves his football. Exciting times.

Why does Simon liking us doing something make me nervous……

BillyTKid 12-08-2021 11:40 AM

Obviously we have very little info on the guy but in the face of it, it appears he is in this for pleasure as much as money. That’s a good start.

Nth Kent Eagle 12-08-2021 11:40 AM

I thought we already had a fourth man - Robert Franco.

beef 12-08-2021 11:40 AM

Considering some of the investment disasters we’ve seen: Birmingham, Blackburn, Cardiff, Hull etc I think Parish has done a great job.

Scrumpy 12-08-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15940198)
What happened to that South African bloke that stuck £5m into the club a few months ago?

Still listed here: https://www.cpfc.co.uk/company-details/

Nth Kent Eagle 12-08-2021 11:55 AM

Palace now have some pretty impressive investors. You have to be positive (once we get beyond Saturday).

dave_who_ru 12-08-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd (Post 15939987)
Have cpfc2010 given up their 51% majority? The yanks now have controlling interest?

They never did have 51%. After the Americans came on board CPFC 2010 held 30.5% of the shares.

spike 12-08-2021 12:42 PM

Is his previous company the one featured in that documentary about the attempts to bump off Miley Cyrus and replace her with a virtual copy?

Ian J 12-08-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrumpy (Post 15940370)

Thanks (we need a thanks button)

ms21 12-08-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15940393)
They never did have 51%. After the Americans came on board CPFC 2010 held 30.5% of the shares.

When you consider Harris/Blitzer put in a combined £220m to become equal partners to SP and Textor has put in just under half of that with Covid Etc, you have to assume that makes all 4 equal partners.