CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   John Textor has joined, as director, investor and 4th partner (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284524)

Ian J 12-08-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 15940624)
Textor doesnít have anything to do with Benfica, so why would it help the academies link?

A decent bedside manner obviously isn't one of your strong points.

You could just as easily have said that his attempt to buy a 25% stake in Benfica last month failed as some of the existing Benfica board were arrested for tax fraud

917L 12-08-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian J (Post 15940696)
A decent bedside manner obviously isn't one of your strong points.

You could just as easily have said that his attempt to buy a 25% stake in Benfica last month failed as some of the existing Benfica board were arrested for tax fraud

I could have easily said many things, instead I asked a perfectly pertinent question

You or the poster I was responding to could have simply replied with an answer, instead of you snide response

hulkster 12-08-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogilvy (Post 15940511)
The romantic in me just wants owners who are achieving boyhood dreams but that ship has sailed.
This latest move I think means that if anyone wanted out, it would be like The Kings Arms after a £100 lottery win, with 8 of you divvying up - the owed round for last Friday, that Audrey had a starter, Fred didnít pay his subs and Janet having COVID so missed her turn buying the snacks.

So if you give Parish £8 million, he gives Browett 2 of that then the yanks owe us all £50 million each except Spector he needs to give Parish a million and get £65 million change.

Billy Bleach

britabroad 12-08-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 15940703)
I could have easily said many things, instead I asked a perfectly pertinent question

You or the poster I was responding to could have simply replied with an answer, instead of you snide response

You are correct that he doesn't have a stake in Benfica. And I have no reason to stipulate that he ever will, although successful business people do not tend to be put off an opportunity at the first turn of events. However, he did respond in a positive way to the question. That is all really. No more and no less. And he does have a strong interest in Football/Soccer academies.

dave_who_ru 12-08-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15940430)
Apparently he set up FC Florida Prep Academy four years ago and a quick dig shows there is a player who has been there since then called Addison Textor.

Anyone know if heís related? :angel:

https://fcflorida.com/textor%2C-addison

Seems it is his son although the most recent search shows him in the rowing team at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire.

One other alumni is Jacob Montes

16eagles 12-08-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15940934)
Seems it is his son although the most recent search shows him in the rowing team at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire.

Interesting must of recommended him to us, obviously was highly rated in local Florida area.

Blind_Eagle 12-08-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 15940934)

Anyone else getting buying a seat in F1 style vibes? :angel:

To be clear, I’m not exactly being serious for those who get easily offended.

917L 12-08-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britabroad (Post 15940784)
You are correct that he doesn't have a stake in Benfica. And I have no reason to stipulate that he ever will, although successful business people do not tend to be put off an opportunity at the first turn of events. However, he did respond in a positive way to the question. That is all really. No more and no less. And he does have a strong interest in Football/Soccer academies.

This is the BBS, he didnít respond in anyway to your original post on here

britabroad 12-08-2021 10:25 PM

I didn’t say he responded on the BBS. I will leave it there. (Sorry, I think I may have mistaken your post).

F4natic 12-08-2021 10:30 PM

Whilst very happy to see the new investment, I thought the money for the new stand was already in place? Why canít the new money be spent on the team?

LesPaul 12-08-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F4natic (Post 15941042)
Whilst very happy to see the new investment, I thought the money for the new stand was already in place? Why canít the new money be spent on the team?

Probably gotta bribe sainsburys

dave_who_ru 12-08-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

That piggy bank broke.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-08-2021 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 15940354)
Why does Simon liking us doing something make me nervousÖÖ

Exactly. Does he really like it, or is he being a clever little sausage?

bubbs11 13-08-2021 07:42 AM

Simon Jordan on this subject on Talksport was actually an interesting listen. Here’s the link to it and it starts at -20:30

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-a...00/1628762400/

As others have said, he was very positive about it and commended Parish for bringing him in, although he couldn’t help having a swipe at Parish right at the end.

biggus mickus 13-08-2021 07:54 AM

Ta Bubbs.

Tim 13-08-2021 08:23 AM

The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish can’t keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.

Spindle 13-08-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

^^^^Weed

dave_who_ru 13-08-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15941629)
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish can’t keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.

But they have invested in the club.

Their interest free loans have increased over the years and they has now been switched to quasi capital.

I would rather have several rich owners sharing the burden rather than be totally reliant on one benefactor like Bloom at Brighton.

We saw what happened when the money ran out with Goldberg and Jordan.

Neil 154 13-08-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15941607)
Simon Jordan on this subject on Talksport was actually an interesting listen. Hereís the link to it and it starts at -20:30

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-a...00/1628762400/

As others have said, he was very positive about it and commended Parish for bringing him in, although he couldnít help having a swipe at Parish right at the end.

Jordan is such a dick about Parish. He admits he's 'clever' through gritted teeth after saying he 'doesn't like him' and basically calls him a tight-arse.

Big Blue Eagle 13-08-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 15941629)
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish canít keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.

So who paid for the Academy? Who paid for the massive upgrades on the training facilities? Who paid the transfer fees for players? Is that not investing? Let alone the multiple loans to support the club.

And the agreement is there for the funding of the new stand, once Sainsburyís get in line. That will be a massive investment by the owners.

Unless your idea of investing is paying Messi £2m a week?