CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 19-01-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spt1978 (Post 15067164)
Perhaps we should get FdB back as head of recruitment. He also signed RLC.

I will get my coat.

Jairo and RLC are the only kind of players who will allow us to progress significantly. FdB was fired too early, IMHO, and I still feel his firing and the quick abandonment of the changes he wanted to bring in was a major crossroads in our potential history, regardless of whether it was the right decision, in the moment.

xmasape 19-01-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15067778)
Jairo and RLC are the only kind of players who will allow us to progress significantly. FdB was fired too early, IMHO, and I still feel his firing and the quick abandonment of the changes he wanted to bring in was a major crossroads in our potential history, regardless of whether it was the right decision, in the moment.

We would have progressed us right into the Championship.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 19-01-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmasape (Post 15067780)
We would have progressed us right into the Championship.

Firstly, no one can be sure it would not have turned around. Five games is not a season. Secondly, I'm referring more to a generalized progression, where we take on better technical players and adopt a system where we can truly aim at the top six. Jairo and RLC are the kind of players who would allow us that extra dimension to our play required.

red&blue_moomin 19-01-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15067787)
Firstly, no one can be sure it would not have turned around. Five games is not a season. Secondly, I'm referring more to a generalized progression, where we take on better technical players and adopt a system where we can truly aim at the top six. Jairo and RLC are the kind of players who would allow us that extra dimension to our play required.

Who is to say we could'nt get RLC back? Chelsea's problem is up front. They have loads of midfielders. I still think (medical checks not withstanding) selling Wilf to Chelsea and exchanging or buying Bats and RLC with the cash would be the way forward.

Nostrils 19-01-2020 01:41 PM

Maybe if he'd stuck to his word and went with evolution, as opposed revolution, he'd have stood a chance. He had players not capable of playing the roles he expected them, banished other proven PL players to the 23s, and left Jairo hung out to dry. Those five games he was in control of he was like a bull in a china shop, so only has himself to blame imo.

red&blue_moomin 19-01-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 15067787)

No I think FDB probably would have relegated us. However adding that type of player to Roy's system does work as we've seen Roy do it briefly for us at the end of that season.

Strong platform then build upon it.

Nostrils 19-01-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15067797)
Maybe if he'd stuck to his word and went with evolution, as opposed revolution, he'd have stood a chance. He had players not capable of playing the roles he expected them, banished other proven PL players to the 23s, and left Jairo hung out to dry. Those five games he was in control of he was like a bull in a china shop, so only has himself to blame imo.

Take that back, when he went 433 against Burnley, we were very good, just unlucky with Chungy's defence splitting pass for Woods. Had he started 433 things may have worked out differently for him.

Jim Cannon 19-01-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15067666)
It takes time to adapt to the league. If Jario can get 8 more games this season he could be a real asset next season.

2 years left on his contract so he needs to get a place or we need to sell IMO. Hope he makes it, I really do

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 19-01-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 15067793)
Who is to say we could'nt get RLC back? Chelsea's problem is up front. They have loads of midfielders. I still think (medical checks not withstanding) selling Wilf to Chelsea and exchanging or buying Bats and RLC with the cash would be the way forward.

Certainly a way forward. RLC would be a risk now though.

philsick 19-01-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 15067808)
2 years left on his contract so he needs to get a place or we need to sell IMO. Hope he makes it, I really do

With a rapidly ageing squad why would we sell one of our only young prospects and a very good one at that? Do we ever look beyond next years survival?

CP-RJW 19-01-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 15067836)
With a rapidly ageing squad why would we sell one of our only young prospects and a very good one at that? Do we ever look beyond next years survival?

With us supposedly trying to sign these two Scottish kids, perhaps we are. If we got them, Ibe and maybe a decent loan, I’d be delighted with this window. Not much money spent, but 3 good prospects brought in, as well as a possible future number 9 in Tosun.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 19-01-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15067838)
With us supposedly trying to sign these two Scottish kids, perhaps we are. If we got them, Ibe and maybe a decent loan, Id be delighted with this window. Not much money spent, but 3 good prospects brought in, as well as a possible future number 9 in Tosun.

Given your scenario, if we could pull off a couple of wins, by the time the window ends we would have gotten in some youthful prospects, be on the cusp of safety with many games to go and have saved cash for future windows. A lot to ask for but its possible. The question of life post-Zaha won't have been addressed and we will be left with another summer of deep unpreparedness for his departure but the season would still be considered a success, given the money spent.

Lord Flange 19-01-2020 04:14 PM

What is this madness, possibly Twitter nonsense... https://twitter.com/tribalfootball/s...514289154?s=21

Jairo Riedeweld admits he wants to leave Crystal Palace.

The Dutch fullback has played the last five consecutive games and is winning praise across English football.

But after yesterday's 2-2 draw at Manchester City, he told AD: "I have approached the manager every transfer period. I don't know why, but there is always an injury wave.

"The last time I went to Hodgson's room, I saw him laughing. I knew enough. I don't bother or train for a week in protest. I signed my contract. Apparently Hodgson needs me. Or says that, but doesn't use me.

"You know, I am from the Netherlands, I am not ashamed to come back. If the right offer arrives, everything feels good and I feel like it then there is talk. The Eredivisie is a great competition.

"Ajax? I do not know in which level I should rank. Can I go back to the top clubs, should I focus on the middle bracket or the lower row? I don't know what my status is."

Sick Bucket 19-01-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15067800)
Take that back, when he went 433 against Burnley, we were very good, just unlucky with Chungy's defence splitting pass for Woods. Had he started 433 things may have worked out differently for him.

God your memory is good! I think the biggest problem with FdB was the fact he is, apparently, an arrogant arsehole who managed to immediately alienate the players.

Nostrils 19-01-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15068075)
God your memory is good! I think the biggest problem with FdB was the fact he is, apparently, an arrogant arsehole who managed to immediately alienate the players.

I think that's a great description. My memory is often ropey, but the trauma if that back pass is fresh [emoji2]

Sick Bucket 19-01-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15068108)
I think that's a great description. My memory is often ropey, but the trauma if that back pass is fresh [emoji2]

Funny how football is, who knows what might have happened if Chungy hadn't gifted them the points. One thing with FdB I was excited about was the potential relationship we could've had with Ajax.

moosey 19-01-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Flange (Post 15068048)
What is this madness, possibly Twitter nonsense... https://twitter.com/tribalfootball/s...514289154?s=21

The Dutch fullback has played the last five consecutive games and is winning praise across English football.

But after yesterday's 2-2 draw at Manchester City, he told AD: "I have approached the manager every transfer period. I don't know why, but there is always an injury wave.

"The last time I went to Hodgson's room, I saw him laughing. I knew enough. I don't bother or train for a week in protest. I signed my contract. Apparently Hodgson needs me. Or says that, but doesn't use me.

"You know, I am from the Netherlands, I am not ashamed to come back. If the right offer arrives, everything feels good and I feel like it then there is talk. The Eredivisie is a great competition.

"Ajax? I do not know in which level I should rank. Can I go back to the top clubs, should I focus on the middle bracket or the lower row? I don't know what my status is."

Those quotes have been taken somewhat out of context from a longer article here
https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetba...rden~ac283f3f/
(It's in Dutch but Google Translate does a fine job on it.)

True, he doesn't sound entirely settled. But he also says "I'm in a good city, the guys in the team like me. I'm having a good time. I am well received. We laugh a lot at the club."

Martin H 19-01-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Flange (Post 15068048)

Is that for real? I could understand him looking for games and seeing the Manager 'before' this run. Would be surprised if that was his response straight after the Man city game. Be disappointed if he does go but... **** happens..

Jughead 19-01-2020 05:47 PM

what a jackass

TAM 19-01-2020 05:55 PM

He doesn't want to leave, it is out of the context. He Said about the past that he asked IF he can get out for a loan but the answer was no. Then he made a switch in his Head and want to stay because he was happy with everything no matter IF there comes an opportunity to play.