CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

jaspercpfc 28-01-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 15080618)

Comes across as a very level headed, unassuming individual. Clearly well liked by his colleagues.

silver 28-01-2020 03:52 PM

Well pleased for the lad .

Hazbaz 28-01-2020 05:21 PM

I’m so pleased for him, I really hope he can use this as a way to kick on and claim a regular place in the team, I do like the way he passes forward and seem to be better at finding our players than some others

PALACEWU 28-01-2020 05:40 PM

Zaha still hates having to pass to him.

bodger 28-01-2020 05:50 PM

Tough decision for RH now PVA is ready for selection, well done to him saved/gained us points for sure.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 28-01-2020 05:54 PM

Hopefully it gives him an extra little confidence boost. If PVA is still here I would definitely restore him to the starting line-up though. And if so, it will be interesting to see how Jairo is or isn't used going forwards.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 28-01-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle (Post 15070123)
I will say it again. We will be utterly insane to let this kid leave. I have an awfully palace sense of inevitability that we will though. Could be worth £40M in a few years.

I guess it's possible but that's quite a big shout. He hasn't done anything to suggest that up to now.

917L 28-01-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle (Post 15070123)
I will say it again. We will be utterly insane to let this kid leave. I have an awfully palace sense of inevitability that we will though. Could be worth £40M in a few years.

He could also be worth £40k

We have no idea

Hazbaz 28-01-2020 08:25 PM

I didn’t rate him at all in the u23s but it’s like something has just clicked for him this season and I do think he is potentially a really good player so much more towards the 40m than 40k for me

costello 29-01-2020 07:38 AM

Has done well since coming in but lacks speed and athleticism. Would give PVA back his place in a heartbeat.

cockles 29-01-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costello (Post 15081292)
Has done well since coming in but lacks speed and athleticism. Would give PVA back his place in a heartbeat.

Possibly this will happen, after the Bournemouth game, it's likely that generally the "old guard" will get their places back.

But the big difference now is that JR is firmly a squad player, and I think he'll also get chances in midfield. Credit to him.

Timbo 29-01-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 15081408)
Possibly this will happen, after the Bournemouth game, it's likely that generally the "old guard" will get their places back.

But the big difference now is that JR is firmly a squad player, and I think he'll also get chances in midfield. Credit to him.

Yes, I agree with all this, and glad that JR has staked a strong claim for a starting berth

SuttonExile 01-02-2020 09:47 PM

Feel bad for him today. Player of the month and been our best player since coming in. Then dropped from the XI for a lazy left back who’s only interested in bombing forward. If PVA is gunna walk back into the squad irrespective of form Jairo has to play in the middle. Best passer we have by a country mile.

aj4england 01-02-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuttonExile (Post 15090160)
Feel bad for him today. Player of the month and been our best player since coming in. Then dropped from the XI for a lazy left back who’s only interested in bombing forward. If PVA is gunna walk back into the squad irrespective of form Jairo has to play in the middle. Best passer we have by a country mile.

Would Jairo been worse than our midfield 3 today I doubt it. However Roy is so regimental and risk adverse he picks the safe options . Would Jairo , Kouyate and Macca or Luka have been a worse midfield today ? Would Meyer coming on in the centre of the park today and not left been so wrong ?

palacelad197o 01-02-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 15090169)
Would Jairo been worse than our midfield 3 today I doubt it. However Roy is so regimental and risk adverse he picks the safe options . Would Jairo , Kouyate and Macca or Luka have been a worse midfield today ? Would Meyer coming on in the centre of the park today and not left been so wrong ?

How the hell did benteke walk into the side today ? should have been either jairo on the left wing with ayew up front and zaha on the right

glayzier 02-02-2020 03:47 AM

In real danger of losing all this ageing squad in one hit with no succession planning of bringing in and keeping new blood in the front 11.
Jairo must have been totally de moralised by yesterday's starting 11.

Hedgehog 02-02-2020 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glayzier (Post 15090417)
In real danger of losing all this ageing squad in one hit with no succession planning of bringing in and keeping new blood in the front 11.
Jairo must have been totally de moralised by yesterday's starting 11.

If we get relegated (a distinct possibility on current form) I'm pretty sure these older players will leave like cockroaches when you turn the light on.

If we don't go down, I'm pretty sure for his (JR's) own good he will be off in the summer. Those 3 or 4 games put him in the shop window.

TheCharmer1 02-02-2020 05:20 AM

he's clearly a kid that needs a carrot rather than stick style management, and his confidence must be crushed after today

glaziers fan 02-02-2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 15090431)
he's clearly a kid that needs a carrot rather than stick style management, and his confidence must be crushed after today

Agreed. Felt for Jairo.

philsick 02-02-2020 08:03 AM

Absolute ******* disgrace he didn't earn a place in midfield yesterday. Twice MOM and won player of the month then dropped for 3 defensive midfielders who barely pass to each other. What does mcarthy bring that jairo couldn't?? poor man management from roy