CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Latvian Eagle 02-02-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 15090458)
Absolute ******* disgrace he didn't earn a place in midfield yesterday. Twice MOM and won player of the month then dropped for 3 defensive midfielders who barely pass to each other. What does mcarthy bring that jairo couldn't?? poor man management from roy

It is a very weird decision. If he has been ok but nothing special then fine, but to win PotM and get dropped, that sends out the wrong kind of message for me.

It is probably why players like Benteke and Luka who have been bang average for far too long don't even look like improving, because they know as soon as they are fit / not suspended anymore they will walk back into the team anyway regardless of how their replacement has played.

Eagle Kneevil 02-02-2020 08:11 AM

I recall that Jairo has been playing through injury in recent games. So itís possible he was just dropped to heal.

bodger 02-02-2020 09:31 AM

Poor management imo JR has earned a place i would have played both him and PVA Tosun being injured made it an easy choice Ayew up front.

TheCharmer1 02-02-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Absolute ******* disgrace he didn't earn a place in midfield yesterday. Twice MOM and won player of the month then dropped for 3 defensive midfielders who barely pass to each other. What does mcarthy bring that jairo couldn't?? poor man management from roy

All true

SussexRed&Blue 02-02-2020 10:39 AM

He deserves a place in the Midfield the balance doesn't seem to be right in there with 3 defensive or non creative midfielders.

TheCharmer1 02-02-2020 10:42 AM

he would actually add balance in the midfield, as he's left footed. The problem is Luka is totally undroppable, when hes under achieving week on week. Thank god he got outpaced and committed another tactical foul, he ll be suspended again soon! A midfield three of jairo, mcarthur and ck has far more balance

CharlieCPFC 02-02-2020 10:47 AM

Criminal decision.

We're lacking severely in midfielders who can actually use their brain to get into good positions to receive the ball and start to initiate attacks going forward. I still remember his performance against Man City in the 0-0 draw at home a while back and he was superb in front of the back four. He's had a run of games and is improving, we need to start putting more of an attentive approach to developing players - but we don't.

Ayew looks to be a shoe in behind the striker, he carries the ball so well and would work brilliantly I feel with Tosun. We've finally got our wingers back, we just need to seriously (well Hodgson) find a way to crack this lack of spark and creativity from the centre of the park.

Jairo is 23 years of age, he's at a prime age to develop by playing in his desired position in this division. In two years time he would be worth treble what we paid for him, you could half understand if we had Cabaye in the middle and we were strong in that area but we look below average there.

Not to forget a trio of PVA, Jairo and Zaha linking up could be a stuff of dreams.

philsick 02-02-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 15090643)
he would actually add balance in the midfield, as he's left footed. The problem is Luka is totally undroppable, when hes under achieving week on week. Thank god he got outpaced and committed another tactical foul, he ll be suspended again soon! A midfield three of jairo, mcarthur and ck has far more balance

Even when luka's banned roy will play mcarthy mcarthur kouyate:S:

TheCharmer1 02-02-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC (Post 15090651)
Criminal decision.

We're lacking severely in midfielders who can actually use their brain to get into good positions to receive the ball and start to initiate attacks going forward. I still remember his performance against Man City in the 0-0 draw at home a while back and he was superb in front of the back four. He's had a run of games and is improving, we need to start putting more of an attentive approach to developing players - but we don't.

Ayew looks to be a shoe in behind the striker, he carries the ball so well and would work brilliantly I feel with Tosun. We've finally got our wingers back, we just need to seriously (well Hodgson) find a way to crack this lack of spark and creativity from the centre of the park.

Jairo is 23 years of age, he's at a prime age to develop by playing in his desired position in this division. In two years time he would be worth treble what we paid for him, you could half understand if we had Cabaye in the middle and we were strong in that area but we look below average there.

Not to forget a trio of PVA, Jairo and Zaha linking up could be a stuff of dreams.

Cracking post. Jairo was magnificent in that game and wasn't seen again

st albans 02-02-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 15090658)

So was fosu mensah wasn't he? To be fair he was pretty shit

SussexRed&Blue 02-02-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 15090643)

Luka is one more booking away from another ban so he maybe out again soon.

Needs to stay out of trouble for the next 6 matches which i see unlikely!

Skintagain 02-02-2020 11:08 AM

I agree with all of this, Jairo had earned his place and should have stayed in. What kind of message does it send to him.

Joe85 02-02-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Agree. PVA was a must a LB but JR should have had a go in the middle. Even as a sub.

bodger 02-02-2020 11:10 AM

Ward Tomkins Cahill PVA
AT McArthur Kouyate/Luka Meyer/JR Wilf
Ayew/Tosun

Tosun being out meant we could play JR PVA Meyer once AT is fully fit then JR will not get into RHs team but id like to see him or Meyer. Playing McCarthy and McArthur was to negative its two from Luka McArthur Kouyate for me McCarthy is a squad player.

Martin H 02-02-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 (Post 15090658)

LOL - I think time is stretching memory a little. He was solid, capable and had a good game which was a surprise to most who had crucified him for a poor debut. Magnificent? Errrmmm.

DARZET EAGLE 02-02-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC (Post 15090651)
Criminal decision.

Don't forget Schlupp with his pace and eye for goal.

TheCharmer1 02-02-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15090701)
LOL - I think time is stretching memory a little. He was solid, capable and had a good game which was a surprise to most who had crucified him for a poor debut. Magnificent? Errrmmm.

when was the last time anyone thought luka was magnificent? unless you're an asian betting syndicate from delhi and youve got a grand on who cant beat the first man from a corner?

CharlieCPFC 08-02-2020 10:49 AM

Doubtful he'll start today, but I really hope he does. God knows what it'll do to his confidence is continues to be benched.

CharlieCPFC 08-02-2020 02:23 PM

Must be sat on that bench today thinking to himself what he's doing wrong not to get a look in over that shower of shit in the middle today.

TennesseeKing 08-02-2020 02:25 PM

Criminal that he hasn't played.