CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Mr Palace 12-09-2017 10:15 AM

Let's not write him off - I think he'll be an asset for us. It was just a bad mistake to plunge him in at the deep end during the opening game of the season.

Sydenham Eagle 12-09-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13840970)
Let's not write him off - I think he'll be an asset for us. It was just a bad mistake to plunge him in at the deep end during the opening game of the season.

At the deep end? - we were playing Huddersfield!

bigend1 12-09-2017 10:36 AM

I think this season he'll be valuable cover for Luka and our cbs

Kinda tough on the guy. He's been signed into a shower of shit and probably comes with all sorts of ties to frank that people will assume he's toast now frank has gone.

Sounds like he was bullied by frank along with Kelly, ward and Delaney despite being his first signing so this poor guy has probably had the most ****ed up experience of any and yet will be written off as a frank guy!

Let the dust settle and see what an independent new manager makes of him. He's young and talented so let's jut give him a chance

whereEaglesFly 12-09-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle (Post 13840987)

Which is the sort of attitude that gets you spanked 3-0

Mr Palace 12-09-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle (Post 13840987)

In a new system, alongside another rookie in TFM and in a back three that he hadn't played with. In a new country and a new, much faster and powerful league. I'd call that being thrown in at the deep down.

I think he'll come good.

Yoda 12-09-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly (Post 13841048)
Which is the sort of attitude that gets you spanked 3-0

Quite.

I've seen several sneery comments about Huddersfield, as if they're a non-league team and 'beneath' us.

They were promoted from a v competitive league and were always going to be a potential banana skin opponent.

When the season starts, they've as much right to be in the Prem as us. They might well struggle later once their first 11 have injuries and suspensions, but until then they should have been viewed with more respect.

Owngoal 12-09-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 13841040)
I think this season he'll be valuable cover for Luka and our cbs

Kinda tough on the guy. He's been signed into a shower of shit and probably comes with all sorts of ties to frank that people will assume he's toast now frank has gone.

Sounds like he was bullied by frank along with Kelly, ward and Delaney despite being his first signing so this poor guy has probably had the most ****ed up experience of any and yet will be written off as a frank guy!

Let the dust settle and see what an independent new manager makes of him. He's young and talented so let's jut give him a chance

He will be a success in his career - only 20 and talented. Some on here are insane

Alexc26 12-09-2017 10:49 AM

I'm sure it will take a bit of time for him to adjust to the Premier League, I mean when we bought Souare his first game for us he gave away a penalty and didn't look that great for the next few games, took him a bit of time to get up to speed, I imagine the same thing for Jairo as well.

NickinOx 12-09-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13841072)
Quite.

I've seen several sneery comments about Huddersfield, as if they're a non-league team and 'beneath' us.

They were promoted from a v competitive league and were always going to be a potential banana skin opponent.

When the season starts, they've as much right to be in the Prem as us. They might well struggle later once their first 11 have injuries and suspensions, but until then they should have been viewed with more respect.

And Hull should not have been allowed to beat Leicester last season, or Burnley to beat Liverpool last year: let alone our shock results after frightful performances against the likes of Sunderland and Swansea, etc.

When I saw the fixture list, I thought we'd get stuffed. We often seem to do poorly going into a new season, and newly promoted teams are often well up for it.

WorthingEagle 12-09-2017 11:03 AM

I don't think it really mattered who we played on that first day, we weren't ready and any half-decent side would have turned us over. True it might be better to play a promoted side after a few months when they've taken a few batterings, but whoever you play on the first game of the season is highly likely to be prepared, up for it and full of hope. It's up to you to be just as prepared and up for it, and we weren't.

It's still largely the same group of players that had a negative goal difference in the Championship, fell away badly in the last two months of the season and basically tripped and stumbled into the Premier League, just as we did.

glaziers fan 12-09-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 13839434)
He's played as a DM before. If we play a system with one man protecting the back four, he could be a good understudy for Milivojevic. His attributes seem to suit the position better than CB in English football.

Very limited time to make an assessment, but I actually think he is already on a par with Milivojevic, apart from the obvious experience. I think he will end up being better than Milivojevic, and that the DM role will be his position. Good passer, more mobile than LM and technically decent. What's not to like.

NickinOx 12-09-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorthingEagle (Post 13841108)
I don't think it really mattered who we played on that first day, we weren't ready and any half-decent side would have turned us over. True it might be better to play a promoted side after a few months when they've taken a few batterings, but whoever you play on the first game of the season is highly likely to be prepared, up for it and full of hope. It's up to you to be just as prepared and up for it, and we weren't.

Exactly, and we often aren't. Again, I think that speaks to underlying issues rather than simply being down to the manager.

glenn.f 12-09-2017 11:11 AM

He's a Palace player first and foremost and a Dutch international to boot, can play in numerous different positions and could very easily, with those sort of credentials, be an excellent acquisition for us. Deserves our backing every time he pulls on a shirt.

Stinger1 12-09-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13841128)
He's a Palace player first and foremost and a Dutch international to boot, can play in numerous different positions and could very easily, with those sort of credentials, be an excellent acquisition for us. Deserves our backing every time he pulls on a shirt.

My end up being the one positive part of FdB's legacy if he turns into a top player and we sell him for 50 million.

cpfcfan1 12-09-2017 11:16 AM

Will be sold in January I reckon

mylona 12-09-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 (Post 13841141)
Will be sold in January I reckon

I suspect a return to Holland for a cut price fee could happen.

Mr Palace 12-09-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 13841111)
Very limited time to make an assessment, but I actually think he is already on a par with Milivojevic, apart from the obvious experience. I think he will end up being better than Milivojevic, and that the DM role will be his position. Good passer, more mobile than LM and technically decent. What's not to like.

That's a big claim based on very little evidence so far. I think Riedewald will come good but he will do well to surpass the player Luka is.

Oisin 12-09-2017 12:34 PM

One of only two players in the squad who can play defensive midfield, a position where you get suspensions. Let's wait a few months to decide he is ****.

glaziers fan 12-09-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oisin (Post 13841325)
One of only two players in the squad who can play defensive midfield, a position where you get suspensions. Let's wait a few months to decide he is ****.

It's great to have two. 9 months ago we didn't have one!

Nostrils 12-09-2017 12:37 PM

Why would selling him make any sense to either party? Young, versatile with potential that's trying to push his way into the team - perfect for us. He's also likely to be earning more than in Holland (which is a short flight away) and if he applies himself could really make a name for himself. He doesn't need FdB holding his hand either.