CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Hector 04-10-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 13880516)
It's funny how Souare has gone up in appreciation by NOT playing! When he was in the team, I was regularly reading comments (not yours) that we still needed to get a better left back.

Now we've brought in not one but two left backs to replace him, and people have seen they are both pretty naff, suddenly people are counting the days until Souare's return

The fickleness of fans!

Many a palace player have become great when not playing. Then they come back and nothing really changes.

jhc 04-10-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13880968)
These aren't the wisest of comments from Jairo: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/s...aks-out-574230

Nothing very critical in those comments for me. The manager who brought him in has been sacked so of course he's disappointed.

Not sure we've really seen enough to make a definitive judgment on Jairo yet.
Didn't get off to the best of starts, but i'll hold fire until he's had a chance to prove how good he is (or not)!

srh 04-10-2017 03:18 PM

Schlupp and PVA both look terrible at full back. Maybe his passing in tight areas and technical ability would help at left back where he has played before. He's clearly a much better footballer than PVA and Schlupp.

fly eagle 04-10-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13880551)
All the evidence is there my friend if you choose to see it :D

Anyway, we move on - FDB is thankfully gone and we have a manager in charge who will get the best out of the players we have. Hopefully by going back to making us hard to beat.

Maybe the players are not as good as a lot of fans think? Maybe that is the problem

Silks&Tekkers 04-10-2017 03:55 PM

This chap is a proper baller. He has pedigree just like players like Campana, they are passing and moving, forever looking to make options for teammates but unfortunately, we just do not have the movement or pedigree to make a player such as this look good.

He'll be degraded to long % balls down the channels for whatever blunt force we have in attack at present. Although, the prospect of an accurate diagonal on top of our strikers heads would be excellent (When we have a striker that is) - Ahhh to be a palace fan ay!

TWELLSEagle 04-10-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

These aren't the wisest of comments from Jairo: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/s...aks-out-574230

Nothing at all wrong with what he says

CPFC.1990 04-10-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Why? They are 100% accurate. How else would anyone describe sacking a manager after four games

CPFC.1990 04-10-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 13881022)
The club paid his transfer fee and still pay his wages, you don't sign for a manager you sign for the club.

He is an employee of the club and making comments like this is a criticism of it. I'm pretty sure if I did something like this publicly about my company I would be lucky to still have a job...

LOL. Is this serious? So you cannot tell the truth when asked? Crikey, time to find a decent company I feel. So, you would get sacked for telling truth..?

Martin H 04-10-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Not sure they are too bad are they? He doesn't say anything out of turn.

Martin H 04-10-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

The club paid his transfer fee and still pay his wages, you don't sign for a manager you sign for the club.

He is an employee of the club and making comments like this is a criticism of it. I'm pretty sure if I did something like this publicly about my company I would be lucky to still have a job...

I haven't heard him say the words on video or anything but as written they are just seem reasonable to me. Re your point re the manager, they get asked in every initial interview - how important has it been that the manager us here. He makes it clear enough that he is happy here in the Premier League. The other players have said things - Punch and Ward was it?

TBH why it even gets reported I don't know but I guess that there are posts on here shows people are interested enough to read it so....

Mr Palace 04-10-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 13880985)
Can't see anything wrong with them to be honest

Not sure he should be saying the decision was crazy. He shouldn't be saying anything but I agree that it's not a big deal.

Mr Palace 04-10-2017 05:28 PM

Just seen the other post above - I don't think what he said was a big deal be probably not a good idea to comment on management decisions as crazy. Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal.

Mr Palace 04-10-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 (Post 13881198)
Why? They are 100% accurate. How else would anyone describe sacking a manager after four games

Correcting an honest mistake?

aj4england 06-10-2017 07:40 AM

needs to be in midfield with loftus, luka and cabaye, in fact a midfield 4 with tim whilst benetekd is out.

Richwak 06-10-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Zaha said exactly the same thing at the FIFA show... bet you don't say that about him. Grow up.

Green Bin 06-10-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 13880978)
Should have kept his mouth shut.

Why, he was lured to the club on the back of FdB's appointment, of course he would be disappointed

Sakho was very public in his backing for FdB shortly after he signed, saying he was sure he would get things right and players had to buy in to what he was trying to do. So potentially at odds with the owners? (not really)

glaziers fan 06-10-2017 12:11 PM

Will be a decent player for us. I've seen enough to think he could do a job in midfield. Superior to Schlupp, McArthur and Puncheon.

aj4england 09-10-2017 12:21 PM

yep get him into our tired aging midfield. need box to box players

bald-eagle 09-10-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13881286)
Not sure he should be saying the decision was crazy. He shouldn't be saying anything but I agree that it's not a big deal.

he didn't say any decision was crazy, but that it was the crazy nature of football these days

johnp 09-10-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 13883593)
Will be a decent player for us. I've seen enough to think he could do a job in midfield. Superior to Schlupp, McArthur and Puncheon.

He must have been demoralised by the shambles at the club over the past few weeks. It depends if Roy and the coaches can convince him he has a future here.