CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Eagle96 09-10-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnp (Post 13886619)
He must have been demoralised by the shambles at the club over the past few weeks. It depends if Roy and the coaches can convince him he has a future here.

Or it depends on him to convince us if he has a future here. JAT

TWELLSEagle 09-10-2017 08:00 PM

...

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 24-10-2017 08:49 PM

I was quite vocal on this thread about how awful his debut performance was against Huddersfield. But I was also willing to say it was just one match and his first competitive game for us.

Tonight he just looks like yet another physically and mentally weak player and an utter waste of 9m. Pathetic attempt at the clearance and then a pathetic 'attempt' to clear up his own mistake. Turns his back and doesn't do enough to block the shot.

Tonight obviously wasn't solely down to him. The likes of PVA, Punch, Kelly, Henneseey and Lee all deserve plenty of criticism too (in fact bar Sako I think they all do). So I am no trying to scapegoat here but to assess one of 2 summer signings. So far, he looks like an awful buy to me.

Reg_Maudling 24-10-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910162)
I was quite vocal on this thread about how awful his debut performance was against Huddersfield. But I was also willing to say it was just one match and his first competitive game for us.

Tonight he just looks like yet another physically and mentally weak player and an utter waste of 9m. Pathetic attempt at the clearance and then a pathetic 'attempt' to clear up his own mistake. Turns his back and doesn't do enough to block the shot.

Tonight obviously wasn't solely down to him. The likes of PVA, Punch, Kelly, Henneseey and Lee all deserve plenty of criticism too (in fact bar Sako I think they all do). So I am no trying to scapegoat here but to assess one of 2 summer signings. So far, he looks like an awful buy to me.

he was going to turn us into the new ajax

Jim Cannon 24-10-2017 08:55 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if he heads back to Holland in Jan, possibly on loan

917L 24-10-2017 08:56 PM

Absolute garbage

jobiinthelastmi 24-10-2017 08:57 PM

Waste of money. Hopefully Parish chipped in to buy him but I doubt it.

jaspercpfc 24-10-2017 08:57 PM

expect him to carve out a career like Valerian Ismael in time :supergrin:

MFBias 24-10-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910162)
I was quite vocal on this thread about how awful his debut performance was against Huddersfield. But I was also willing to say it was just one match and his first competitive game for us.

Tonight he just looks like yet another physically and mentally weak player and an utter waste of 9m. Pathetic attempt at the clearance and then a pathetic 'attempt' to clear up his own mistake. Turns his back and doesn't do enough to block the shot.

Tonight obviously wasn't solely down to him. The likes of PVA, Punch, Kelly, Henneseey and Lee all deserve plenty of criticism too (in fact bar Sako I think they all do). So I am no trying to scapegoat here but to assess one of 2 summer signings. So far, he looks like an awful buy to me.

Sako put the effort in, he is just a useless barrel of shite, should be a wrestler rather than a football player. His goal was poor goalkeeping rather than a great strike, the rest of the game he would mess up every forward move.

HurstpierPalace 24-10-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi (Post 13910239)
Waste of money. Hopefully Parish chipped in to buy him but I doubt it.

So many shocking wastes of money over the past 5 years.

Martin H 24-10-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910162)
I was quite vocal on this thread about how awful his debut performance was against Huddersfield. But I was also willing to say it was just one match and his first competitive game for us.

Tonight he just looks like yet another physically and mentally weak player and an utter waste of 9m. Pathetic attempt at the clearance and then a pathetic 'attempt' to clear up his own mistake. Turns his back and doesn't do enough to block the shot.

Tonight obviously wasn't solely down to him. The likes of PVA, Punch, Kelly, Henneseey and Lee all deserve plenty of criticism too (in fact bar Sako I think they all do). So I am no trying to scapegoat here but to assess one of 2 summer signings. So far, he looks like an awful buy to me.

I thought he had an excellent first half TBH and was really enjoying the way he played. The mistake for the goal was a dumb one for sure but you seem again to be writing him off again. For me, at least he knows how to play football and there is hope for him. Some of the others look done.

Nostrils 24-10-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 13910254)
Sako put the effort in, he is just a useless barrel of shite, should be a wrestler rather than a football player. His goal was poor goalkeeping rather than a great strike, the rest of the game he would mess up every forward move.

That useless barrel of shite has scored 2 goals this season. P!ss poor having a dig at one of the only players prepared to have a go.

jobiinthelastmi 24-10-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurstpierPalace (Post 13910256)
So many shocking wastes of money over the past 5 years.

We've a bad history of spending large amounts of money on players.

Banger 24-10-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 13910254)
Sako put the effort in, he is just a useless barrel of shite, should be a wrestler rather than a football player. His goal was poor goalkeeping rather than a great strike, the rest of the game he would mess up every forward move.

Absolute bollox. He played well first half. Our best player.

elgin eagle 24-10-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13910265)
I thought he had an excellent first half TBH and was really enjoying the way he played. The mistake for the goal was a dumb one for sure but you seem again to be writing him off again. For me, at least he knows how to play football and there is hope for him. Some of the others look done.

Agreed. He'd be on my 'keep' list in January.

bodger 24-10-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banger (Post 13910317)
Absolute bollox. He played well first half. Our best player.

Thats not saying much, once he is fit he could be a decent back up player thats as far as he goes for me. JR looks far to weak/soft to play for us.

Tim 24-10-2017 09:21 PM

Why can’t fans just admit when players aren’t good enough? This guy is pony but he’s not the only one that’s why we’re in this shit!

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 24-10-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13910265)
I thought he had an excellent first half TBH and was really enjoying the way he played. The mistake for the goal was a dumb one for sure but you seem again to be writing him off again. For me, at least he knows how to play football and there is hope for him. Some of the others look done.

His mentally once we were struggling is what worries me the most. As you say he is still young and does have some good attributes, so he could well improve. In that sense I am not writing him off.

But so far, and particularly considering the dire need we had (and still have) in other areas of the squad he looks like an awful signing to me. We were desperate for some more characters and leaders in this squad. To blow 9m on a player who will make our bench at best in the PL while we have 2 keepers (neither really PL standard) and play 6 weeks without a centre forward, just seems like a huge mistake.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 24-10-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13910348)
Agreed. He'd be on my 'keep' list in January.

He's talking about Sako, and I can't see anyway we will sell Sako in January, mainly as he is out of contract in the summer anyway.

bodger 24-10-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910435)
He's talking about Sako, and I can't see anyway we will sell Sako in January, mainly as he is out of contract in the summer anyway.

No way should we give him a new contract unless he takes a massive pay cut and we are in the championship.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.