CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Zohar's Penalty 24-10-2017 11:10 PM

He looks like a ******* pussy to me. You could see that when he ducked out of a header after 30 minutes against Huddersfield

Danny boy 24-10-2017 11:18 PM

Kelly was far worse

Braders 24-10-2017 11:40 PM

The way it is going is he worth trying at LB? I havent seen enough of him to know but I am sure I read somewhere that he can play there? We certainly need to replace PvA.

bubbs11 24-10-2017 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braders (Post 13910892)
The way it is going is he worth trying at LB? I havent seen enough of him to know but I am sure I read somewhere that he can play there? We certainly need to replace PvA.

I think he played there in the Europa Final last season...

...when he gifted Man U their opener.

Timbo 25-10-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13910721)
'No real strengths'. His passing and vision is excellent. And if you can't see that then you're just choosing what you see.

What's concerning is his not jumping for headers/general toughness. But that can come with age. People need to remember he's still very young. I don't see people saying the same about Kaikai

How much did we pay for Kai Kai?

£10m for a prospect seems like a poor gamble

Popester 25-10-2017 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 13910896)
I think he played there in the Europa Final last season...

...when he gifted Man U their opener.

From a throw in. Only the most unforgiving of football fans would hold that against him.

Popester 25-10-2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 13910947)

No one would pay more than £1m for Kai Ka at the mo. There's a reason for the price differential.

Little Fozzie 25-10-2017 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 13910947)

You wont get a young prospect for much cheaper than that! Though i do agree the money could have been better spent elsewhere, assuming money available was the issue, and not just incompetence.

Timbo 25-10-2017 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13910963)
You wont get a young prospect for much cheaper than that! Though i do agree the money could have been better spent elsewhere, assuming money available was the issue, and not just incompetence.

In fairness I have hardly seen the bloke play but from what I read is he really any much better than some of the lower league prospects, who are much cheaper?

Timbo 25-10-2017 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popester (Post 13910961)
No one would pay more than £1m for Kai Ka at the mo. There's a reason for the price differential.

How much more than that £1m might Jairo be worth in January if he continues on his present career trajectory?

Maybe we overpaid?

Mr Palace 25-10-2017 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceSi (Post 13910844)
I'm afraid he was a ridiculous signing. Not strong or tall enough to play at the back, way down the pecking order of central midfielders or a 4th choice left back and cost 8M when we have no number 10 and only one number 9 and a desperate need for a quality keeper. It was a ludicrous waste of money when we so needed to strengthen in other areas, it really does defy belief.

Yep. Although I think Riedewald has potential and is technically good this was a vanity signing from the arrogant de Boer. That tosser must be laughing with his multi million pound pay off for ******* us over.

BBK 25-10-2017 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 13910995)
How much more than that £1m might Jairo be worth in January if he continues on his present career trajectory?

Maybe we overpaid?

He wasn't 10m to begin with anyway.

cpfcben 25-10-2017 06:25 AM

Great one touch first time passing. Question marks over whether he can do the more ugly physical side of the game. Certainly at fault for the fourth goal.

elgin eagle 25-10-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910710)
Apologies. I was obviously muddling up two different posts/ thought you were replying to a different one than you were :D

No problem mate. Maybe in a perverse way it will help Roy to sort this mess out now he can see he is a workable squad of 14 to 16 players at best. Too many of the rest have no fight or character, or simply can't be arsed once we go behind. Need to get them out the club and replace with fighters. Maybe that in turn will help players like Riedewald. Big January coming up if we aren't marooned, you feel.

red&blue_moomin 25-10-2017 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13911022)
Yep. Although I think Riedewald has potential and is technically good this was a vanity signing from the arrogant de Boer. That tosser must be laughing with his multi million pound pay off for ******* us over.

Or we could just keep buying older midfielders who also turn out to be shit. He's young the technical ability and potential is why we signed him. That's something SP wants. If the club can take wilf who was spindly as hell and bulk him up then the same can be done with Jairo. We have cabaye and mcarthur out of contract in the summer, ledley and flamini are already gone mutch should be gone. IF the club can sort his strength out (given his age that's for sure) then we might have a ready made mutch replacement who can contribute by backing luka up.

Neckinger Eagle 25-10-2017 07:06 AM

I don't think I've seen enough of him to form an proper opinion. You can't really take anything from the De Boer games because, well of De Boer. Since then he's only played sporadically and not in a fixed position.

I didn't watch the game yesterday so I don't know if he was poor or not beyond what I have seen here.

My gut feeling is, though, is at his age he's no better or worse than the better players coming out of the Academy. He's in no way an automatic pick. In which case, why did we pay so much money for him when there were other positions that needed fixing?

If he was an Academy player, he'd be on the cusp of being loaned out to a Championship club but because we paid good money for him he seems to be getting a free pass? I dunno.

Yoda 25-10-2017 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13911080)
Or we could just keep buying older midfielders who also turn out to be shit. He's young the technical ability and potential is why we signed him. That's something SP wants. If the club can take wilf who was spindly as hell and bulk him up then the same can be done with Jairo. We have cabaye and mcarthur out of contract in the summer, ledley and flamini are already gone mutch should be gone. IF the club can sort his strength out (given his age that's for sure) then we might have a ready made mutch replacement who can contribute by backing luka up.

Wilf was always keen and eager, giving it a go. He also had speed.

But whilst I agree that Jairo could become physically stronger, itís his mental attitude that I question more.

He was sometimes a rabbit in the headlights against Huddersfield, but one could write that off as nerves/lack of experience/first Prem match.

Yesterday was a Championship level match, a perfect opportunity for him to stand out.

He has age on his side and a great CV, so I believe we could still recoup his transfer fee in January and spend that money better. His agent can easily spin to other clubs that the guy hasnít settled at Palace.

Billy Rhino 25-10-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13911080)

Wilf's strength is his strength

red&blue_moomin 25-10-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13911114)
Wilf was always keen and eager, giving it a go. He also had speed.

But whilst I agree that Jairo could become physically stronger, itís his mental attitude that I question more.

He was sometimes a rabbit in the headlights against Huddersfield, but one could write that off as nerves/lack of experience/first Prem match.

Yesterday was a Championship level match, a perfect opportunity for him to stand out.

He has age on his side and a great CV, so I believe we could still recoup his transfer fee in January and spend that money better. His agent can easily spin to other clubs that the guy hasnít settled at Palace.

Or we could develop him. He's been used off the bench now which is appropriate let's not forget he had punch next to him not luka or cable or jimmy. He's clearly not a starter when we hoped he would be but we can clearly do something with him.

Billy Rhino 25-10-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13911022)

So is the consensus here that Parish should've got involved and prevented this signing, as its pretty clear he had nothing to do with it other than sign the cheque?