CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

BUNGLE 25-07-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minch1 (Post 13747141)
Agreed he is down as an attacking midfielder or winger but His career goal scoring ratio is not far behind Connor Wickham. He is a big guy with a terrific shot. He has to be worth a try. De Boer seems to be giving him chance.

His career record is nearly as bad as a bad striker. Stick him up top :lux:

Ian Hart 25-07-2017 11:27 PM

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

"Riedewald joined Ajax’s youth academy at the age of 11, and progressed to make his professional debut in a KNVB Cup match against IJsselmeervogels in December 2013. His league debut came three days later against Roda JC, when he incredibly scored twice as a substitute to help Ajax record a 2-1 victory."

Wouldn't it be incredible if he could replicate that on his Palace debut!! That info came from an article with lots of fascinating analysis on him (some to analyse his worth in fantasy football) and it's worth a read

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.u...iro-riedewald/

burgess hill 84 26-07-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 13747192)
Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

"Riedewald joined Ajax’s youth academy at the age of 11, and progressed to make his professional debut in a KNVB Cup match against IJsselmeervogels in December 2013. His league debut came three days later against Roda JC, when he incredibly scored twice as a substitute to help Ajax record a 2-1 victory."

Wouldn't it be incredible if he could replicate that on his Palace debut!! That info came from an article with lots of fascinating analysis on him (some to analyse his worth in fantasy football) and it's worth a read

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.u...iro-riedewald/

Thanks for posting this, good read ,I enjoyed it.

PoplarEagle 26-07-2017 11:48 AM

Looking forward to seeing him play in the Premier League - one thing I think people are jumping all over is the perceived lack of physicality in his game. I personally don't think this is much of an issue as I think we always come unstuck against those strikers with movement and who are more technical e.g. Aguero/Sanchez - I think against these types of players Jairo will shine. I think this is the positive of having 3 cbs as we can have speedier/technical players in the LCB/RCB but the general CB position (Dann/Tomkins or go in for Smalling £10mil should snap him up) will be the destroyer against the lumps in this league (Lukaku/Carroll) plus with Luka in front I am quite happy.

Davy64 27-07-2017 08:32 AM

Song suggestion: Ried-e-wald to Daft Punks Around the World

red&blue_moomin 27-07-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy64 (Post 13748843)
Song suggestion: Ried-e-wald to Daft Punks Around the World

Naahhh

Riee ee wald the palace say Bo selecta :D

Twin of Droy 27-07-2017 01:03 PM

Everybody wants to "rule the world"
Tears for fears

Must be something that scans in changing rule the world to Rie-de-wald

audreytatou 27-07-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13749219)
Naahhh

Riee ee wald the palace say Bo selecta :D

"Last boat to Jairo!" na na na etc and lots of mad dancing:D

Nostrils 29-07-2017 10:42 AM

His first touch is amazing. I know it's only in training, but at one point on the new video he he's not even looking at the ball when he kills it dead at his feet, he's already looking to see who's in the best position for a pass - I bet he sends it with a message too. Had he been English, he'd have cost about £20m imo.

Happy Arthur 29-07-2017 10:54 AM

^ Let us give him 5-6 games:)

jimmy the gent 29-07-2017 10:59 AM

Oh Jairo!


Martin H 29-07-2017 11:20 PM

Looked comfortable today. One neat clean up behind Dann who had lost his man and a lot of simple effective/efficient play. Would bet his passing stats are likely high 90's if not 100 but he was playing it simple.

Looking forward to seeing what impact he makes this year.

SmokeyStover7 29-07-2017 11:39 PM

I thought he had a near perfect debut, although he did keep it simple. I am very high on him and think he will be one of the most polished 20 year olds in the PL next season. His versatility will be a huge asset.

CPFC since 1989 01-08-2017 11:02 PM

Looking forward to seeing Jairo.

eastend eagle 02-08-2017 07:01 AM

Song suggestion (reckon it's a good 'un) - Ried-e-wald - to the tune of Wunderbar (Tempole Tudor) :p

henryhallandhisbasque 02-08-2017 07:10 AM

Nightboat to Jairo

bubbs11 02-08-2017 07:27 PM

Article on Jairo by an Ajax fan

http://www.ajaxdaily.com/2017/jairo-...rystal-palace/

TWELLSEagle 02-08-2017 07:37 PM

I wonder if riedeweld would fit the sweeper role quite well. Have Palace ever played a sweeper?

The Vicar 02-08-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle (Post 13758038)
I wonder if riedeweld would fit the sweeper role quite well. Have Palace ever played a sweeper?

Derek Jeffries, innit.

SmokeyStover7 02-08-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 13758022)

Thanks for sharing. Great article.

Although I am not sure if the second video is evidence of good defending, as he put the clearance in an incredibly dangerous area.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.