CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

red&blue_moomin 01-08-2018 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14364504)
I wonder if he would accept a loan deal to the right club? If the other central midfielders stay fit he will be behind Luka, Mayer, Kouyate and Jimmy now.

Jimmy won't play in the middle he'll be either RM or LM. If we can't get RLC I'm dreading it but I'm concerned we'll see

MM CK LM JM which I think will be a huge waste of MM abilties as a deep lying playmaker, or maybe he'll prove me wrong and do great in a position he's never played in.

RLC MM LM JM would be a 'better' version of what we played last season.

second string
JS JP JR JW

It would mean the club could rotate and maybe we'll see less stupid injuries.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 01-08-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 14364526)
Jimmy won't play in the middle he'll be either RM or LM. If we can't get RLC I'm dreading it but I'm concerned we'll see

MM CK LM JM which I think will be a huge waste of MM abilties as a deep lying playmaker, or maybe he'll prove me wrong and do great in a position he's never played in.

second string
JS JP JR JW

If we play a 4 I would imagine it would be Townsend (right), Luka, Mayer (central) and Schlupp/ Jimmy left? Although Luka and Kouyate central with Mayer on the left is also possible.

Unless Andros is used up top again of course... I could go on... many options. But either way, Jairo's chances of game time have certainly reduced now.

From our business so far I am also starting to wonder if we might go 433 at times. Luka, Kouyate and Mayer as a solid 3 and Wilf and Andros either side of a more traditional striker.

16eagles 02-08-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14364540)
If we play a 4 I would imagine it would be Townsend (right), Luka, Mayer (central) and Schlupp/ Jimmy left? Although Luka and Kouyate central with Mayer on the left is also possible.

Unless Andros is used up top again of course... I could go on... many options. But either way, Jairo's chances of game time have certainly reduced now.

From our business so far I am also starting to wonder if we might go 433 at times. Luka, Kouyate and Mayer as a solid 3 and Wilf and Andros either side of a more traditional striker.

Roy has a history of 4411. Kouyate and Milivojevic i think will be in middle First choice. we may see Meyer behind Zaha.
As for Jairo would like him to stay.

Tim 02-08-2018 07:09 AM

He needs to be playing regularly like RLC & that’s not going to happen here next season. I think a move to the Championship would be best for him at this stage in his career.

Adlerhorst 02-08-2018 07:20 AM

If we want him to develop we should either play him or loan him to a club in a decent league where he will play.

That is not the Championship. I’d try to find a club in Germany

cpfc4evandeva 02-08-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

second string
JS JP JR JW

Why are you posting in code?

glaziers fan 02-08-2018 08:21 AM

Looks curtains for his Palace career.

And I have to say that whilst I think he is a good passer I haven't seen enough pace or athleticism, enough bite or desire, or strength and aerial ability for his size to think he has anything else to his game. He's just a player who has had a decent footballing education. I think the Riedewald we see at 21 is the same Riedewald we will see at 31. I wanted it to work for him here, and he will be a good player for someone, but I back Roy in getting rid of him. Not least because he doesn't fit our style - he would be better suited to a passing team that plays tiki-taka. Good luck Jairo.

glaziers fan 02-08-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

second string
JS JP JR JW

Hang on, has Andros Townsend gone?

I share your concern about Max Meyer playing left midfield as I don't think that's his position. I am really hoping Kouyate is just cover and that MM will be first choice in the middle, but we will see.

srh 02-08-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14364942)
Hang on, has Andros Townsend gone?

I share your concern about Max Meyer playing left midfield as I don't think that's his position. I am really hoping Kouyate is just cover and that MM will be first choice in the middle, but we will see.

My bet is Meyer will be in the RLC role. Roy likes his players to be able to rotate, so expect wilf to drift out wide and meyer to drift inside just like RLC did and Jimmy does on the right with Wilf and Andros up top

chateauferret 02-08-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srh (Post 14365115)
My bet is Meyer will be in the RLC role. Roy likes his players to be able to rotate, so expect wilf to drift out wide and meyer to drift inside just like RLC did and Jimmy does on the right with Wilf and Andros up top

Well if he likes players that can rotate expect to see a lot of Puncheon. I've never seen a player go round and round in circles as much as he does.

Dave Hedgehog 02-08-2018 10:19 AM

Presumably we could only afford this one if Jairo was a permanent swap.

If it's true that he hasn't agreed to the swap and the deal is dead, I think Jairo's done us a favour here.

Not convinced at all that Ayew is what we need.

exiledeagle 02-08-2018 10:58 AM

Problem for Jairo is that he knows we are prepared to let him go ?

SuttonExile 02-08-2018 11:19 AM

I do feel a little sorry for Jairo. He’s very talented and I’ve been saying this since we signed him. I watched him a bit at Ajax and he is brilliant. We’ve been calling out for a midfielder that can pass and retain the ball, he can do it. Give him time. Europa League final to being loaned out to Swansea (if that ends up happening for the Ayew deal) - either way I hope we keep him and give him a real chance in the next couple of seasons. He could easily turn into one of our more talented players.

red&blue_moomin 02-08-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuttonExile (Post 14365290)
I do feel a little sorry for Jairo. Hes very talented and Ive been saying this since we signed him. I watched him a bit at Ajax and he is brilliant. Weve been calling out for a midfielder that can pass and retain the ball, he can do it. Give him time. Europa League final to being loaned out to Swansea (if that ends up happening for the Ayew deal) - either way I hope we keep him and give him a real chance in the next couple of seasons. He could easily turn into one of our more talented players.

If we do it properly Jairo in time could become the backup for Max. With Kouyate the backup for Luka.

Martin H 02-08-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuttonExile (Post 14365290)
I do feel a little sorry for Jairo. Hes very talented and Ive been saying this since we signed him. I watched him a bit at Ajax and he is brilliant. Weve been calling out for a midfielder that can pass and retain the ball, he can do it. Give him time. Europa League final to being loaned out to Swansea (if that ends up happening for the Ayew deal) - either way I hope we keep him and give him a real chance in the next couple of seasons. He could easily turn into one of our more talented players.

Isn't it worse - sold to Swansea? It does keep changing I know. I would prefer a Loan but pretty sure the consensus is a sale.

mcmean 02-08-2018 01:05 PM

I hope its a loan instead of perm - cracking player with great potential

PHIL BARBER 02-08-2018 01:22 PM

From what i have been told Jairo will not be leaving permanent, more than likely a free loan, offset against purchase keeps in FFP as selling club reduce our buying price.

Spindle 02-08-2018 01:27 PM

PHIL BARBER the Messiah has spoken. :D

Go forth into the streets and announce that JR shall remain a Palace player :lux:

#bellend

Stavros 69 02-08-2018 01:48 PM

Just go away PHIL you troll

PHIL BARBER 02-08-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14365579)
Just go away PHIL you troll

put me on ignore but you can't because you love it.