CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

itsrickyb 03-08-2018 06:06 PM

Selling him would be massively short sighted in my opinion. We still don't have squad depth and he certainly fills the criteria for that role as a minimum.

Stellavista 03-08-2018 06:15 PM

I think some people are a bit down on him because of the ludicrous fee we paid, with Ajax and their supporters laughing all the way to the bank. Not his fault. I think he's had a bit of a rough ride. The manager who bought him was hopelessly out of his depth from the off, and then quickly got the bullet. What must the lad have thought? But he knuckled down and has put in a couple of decent performances when called upon. I'm undecided on him, but he's certainly not the worst player we've ever bought, just hugely overpriced. I would loan him for a season, not sell him just yet. And, like Mutch, there's no reason from his point of view that he should leave.

CP-RJW 03-08-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee B (Post 14368218)
Can someone help me out as to what Jairo has done in a Palace shirt to justify the faith some on here have in him? I just donít see it.

Heís had 1 half decent game against City. What else?

I donít think heís a bad player but I just donít think that heís suited to the Premier League. He doesnít look to be quick enough.

He also was very good vs Burnley, and okay vs Spurs. A great performance, a good performance, and an okay performance in his only 3 chances in thr first team at CDM is promising for me, as heís so young.

Celestial Empire 03-08-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14368482)
He also was very good vs Burnley, and okay vs Spurs. A great performance, a good performance, and an okay performance in his only 3 chances in thr first team at CDM is promising for me, as heís so young.

Most of the posts on here bad-mouthing Jairo, are from people who think Ayew is the answer to our prayers.
RH said he has had an opportunity to watch Jairo more in the friendlies and was actually pretty complimentary. Jairo has been well schooled in a famous academy, and needs time to mature, grow stronger and acquire more "player personality".
RH has said that his task for 2018/19 is survival, and that probably goes for (rebuild year) 2019/2020 too. Of course he is still controlling expectations, and everyone hopes for much more.
Jairo probably won't be a 'make or break' player for survival, so the management may have decided he should be sacrificed (since Swansea were so keen).
In the slightly longer term, we are likely to lose a whole bunch of core players - and that is when Jairo will have the opportunity to become a first-pick midfielder.

Ian Hart 03-08-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14368480)
I think some people are a bit down on him because of the ludicrous fee we paid, with Ajax and their supporters laughing all the way to the bank. Not his fault. I think he's had a bit of a rough ride.

TBH, I'm not sure he has ever fully recovered from the torrid time he was given in that first match at home to Huddersfield. He was played as a centre-back, where he seemed hopelessly out of his depth, culminating in him not even leaving the ground when Huddersfield headed the second.

If he had been bought and played as a defensive midfielder(and for a more reasonable fee) rather than allegedly as a centre back, there might have been a bit more patience with him, and his own confidence might not have been shot to pieces right at the start

CP-RJW 03-08-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 14368783)
TBH, I'm not sure he has ever fully recovered from the torrid time he was given in that first match at home to Huddersfield. He was played as a centre-back, where he seemed hopelessly out of his depth, culminating in him not even leaving the ground when Huddersfield headed the second.

If he had been bought and played as a defensive midfielder(and for a more reasonable fee) rather than allegedly as a centre back, there might have been a bit more patience with him, and his own confidence might not have been shot to pieces right at the start

I’m pretty sure Ajax fans said not to play him at centre back, and this may be wrong, but he played at left back the season before we bought him? Either way, I put little value in where FDB thinks players should play tbh.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 03-08-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial Empire (Post 14368528)
Most of the posts on here bad-mouthing Jairo, are from people who think Ayew is the answer to our prayers.
RH said he has had an opportunity to watch Jairo more in the friendlies and was actually pretty complimentary. Jairo has been well schooled in a famous academy, and needs time to mature, grow stronger and acquire more "player personality".
RH has said that his task for 2018/19 is survival, and that probably goes for (rebuild year) 2019/2020 too. Of course he is still controlling expectations, and everyone hopes for much more.
Jairo probably won't be a 'make or break' player for survival, so the management may have decided he should be sacrificed (since Swansea were so keen).
In the slightly longer term, we are likely to lose a whole bunch of core players - and that is when Jairo will have the opportunity to become a first-pick midfielder.

No one at all is "bad mouthing" him.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 03-08-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14368482)

He also came on in centre mid as a sub a few times and made very little impact, and was pretty awful there against Bristol City in the cup, very weak turning his back on one of the shots they scored from. I didn't think he was particularly good against Burnley either. I would only class that one as OK.

I don't think we've seen enough to make a real judgement either way but Roy doesn't appear too keen to use him and appears willing to let him to go to get another target.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 03-08-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagleborn (Post 14367647)
I doubt he is "not wanted". I'm sure we will make use of him in some capacity, but just he is not integral to our plans so will spend much of the season on the bench.

If everyone is fit and we sign the other player we are after (whoever that is now Ayew appears to be off the menu) then I'm not sure he would always make the bench.

Likely bench:
1. Keeper
2. Ward
3. Kelly/ Dann
4. Schlupp
5. Jimmy
6. Wickham/ Sorloth
7. New player who probably isn't Ayew

Hedgehog 03-08-2018 11:57 PM

Putting my sentimental hat on, I've been pretty impressed with him in the pre-season games. I can't help but feel a little sorry for him.

In the Phenom's documentary, he cut somewhat of a lonely figure when he got to Palace.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 04-08-2018 02:49 PM

Interesting that he is not on the bench today while Puncheon and Williams are.

Injured? A message that he won't be used? Or is the deal still a possibility?

xian1 04-08-2018 03:03 PM

Jairo Riedewald discussion

I like Jairo

glaziers fan 04-08-2018 03:18 PM

See ya.

exiledeagle 04-08-2018 03:26 PM

Maybe he is not in right frame of mind to play

exiledeagle 04-08-2018 03:36 PM

No Ayew for Swansea today

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 04-08-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiledeagle (Post 14369859)
No Ayew for Swansea today

That is definitely interesting.

Golf Boy 18-04-2019 07:57 PM

The guy must be on a fortune.

Sp1Eagle 18-04-2019 08:05 PM

?

Golf Boy 18-04-2019 08:07 PM

After hardly playing for two years, no push for a transfer

Lombardo's hair 18-04-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 14732542)
After hardly playing for two years, no push for a transfer

And uour point?