CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

TAM 19-04-2019 09:11 AM

I can't understand why you called it a simple fact, if you don't if that's the case. In and off the pitch?? Please! !!

mushroom 19-04-2019 09:33 AM

Mark Bright said in one of the U23 games, that JR doesnít work hard enough without the ball, and until he learns how to, RH wonít pick him.
Maybe heíll have to forget about playing midfield... left back or centre back seem to be his only options

ExiledStirling 19-04-2019 09:43 AM

TAM do you know him personally?

You post as if you are an ITK.

wedgetail 19-04-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 14732601)
Ray lew has said that Jairo doesnít do enough off what he and Roy wants ( eg getting back into shape) and if you donít do what Roy wants you are binned. Problem is thatís not managing our assets , old school approach which no longer works .

If that is true god knows what Hodgson is asking Schlupp to do off the ball.

Tim 19-04-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14732817)
He must be absolutely gutted he left Ajax. That team is something else.
Thereís clearly a player in there that Roy canít get the best out.
Thereís a reason FdB bought him.

No way he gets anywhere near that first team!

dave_who_ru 19-04-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14732817)
He must be absolutely gutted he left Ajax. That team is something else.
Thereís clearly a player in there that Roy canít get the best out.
Thereís a reason FdB bought him.

Looking at the ins and outs at Ajax in recent years they have a ridiculously high turnover of players, albeit they won't have all been first team squad.

Last year in addition to Jairo the two other high profile sales were Davy Klaassen to Everton, which was hardly a success as he has since been sold to Werder Bremen, and Davinson Sanchez to Spurs.

Sure there's a reason FdB bought him but there's also a reason SP hired FdB. Sometimes it just doesn't work

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 19-04-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 14732825)
You canít blame Roy and Ray. There are plenty of examples of other players who have been left on the sidelines because they donít fit in with the teamís style, shape etc. Just look at Sarri this season.

Yep. This.

Excowboy 22-06-2019 07:06 PM

Being linked to Besiktas. Was also linked to Turkey in the last window.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-ready...s-green-light/

CharlieCPFC 22-06-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 14797931)
Being linked to Besiktas. Was also linked to Turkey in the last window.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-ready...s-green-light/

I like Riedewald, he's a tidy player but he just doesn't fit in with our style at all. He could have moulded himself a little more I suppose but it seems he never wanted to. Had a good game against Man City and could have developed into the deep playmaker after Cabaye. He just doesn't possess the tenacity or energy from what I've seen of him.

Hopefully it would be a permanent deal, another wasted wage that would be freed up. I imagine he's on a fair bit as well, at least £40k p/w I'd say.

glaziers fan 23-06-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14732883)
Mark Bright said in one of the U23 games, that JR doesnít work hard enough without the ball, and until he learns how to, RH wonít pick him.
Maybe heíll have to forget about playing midfield... left back or centre back seem to be his only options

Interesting. I think he should be converted back to centre half. Not sure he is good enough at defending for that position but harsh to write him off after a mailing against one of the most aerially dominant centre forwards the Premier League has seen in recent times (Mounie). Squad centre back he might be worth persevering with. Left footed and an excellent passer, if he can defend competently enough he might be useful cover for Sakho.

BillyTKid 23-06-2019 02:03 PM

He is still only 22. Surely we can drill him to get up to pace for the premier league. Given his technical ability, eye for a pass and versatility he could be a useful squad member.

Happy Arthur 23-06-2019 02:05 PM

It's funny how football works. You find a talented young player and then dont want him.

thereichstuff 23-06-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 14798432)
It's funny how football works. You find a talented young player and then dont want him.

It happens .

Stavros 69 23-06-2019 02:14 PM

Would much rather we loan him out and get him some game time

Gollum 23-06-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14798420)
Interesting. I think he should be converted back to centre half. Not sure he is good enough at defending for that position but harsh to write him off after a mailing against one of the most aerially dominant centre forwards the Premier League has seen in recent times (Mounie). Squad centre back he might be worth persevering with. Left footed and an excellent passer, if he can defend competently enough he might be useful cover for Sakho.

Ray Lewington was at a Q&A event a few months ago. Was asked about Riedewald.
He said that he and Roy only really saw Riedewald as a defensive midfielder and only as cover for Luca. Careful with his words but the general gist was that he lacked intensity. Was quite clear that they felt he wasn't a defender.

Glɑzier 23-06-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14798452)
Ray Lewington was at a Q&A event a few months ago. Was asked about Riedewald.
He said that he and Roy only really saw Riedewald as a defensive midfielder and only as cover for Luca. Careful with his words but the general gist was that he lacked intensity. Was quite clear that they felt he wasn't a defender.

I've read this quite a few times on here and Twitter. Seems like they really don't like him, and in return he no longer feels an affinity to the club either. He was laughing after Watford knocked us out of the cup, so I doubt there's any rescuing of the relationship now. Just a matter of minimising our losses, quite a shame really as he could've been good for us IMO.

917L 23-06-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 14798432)

Because he's not good enough

Gollum 23-06-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glɑzier (Post 14798475)
I've read this quite a few times on here and Twitter. Seems like they really don't like him, and in return he no longer feels an affinity to the club either. He was laughing after Watford knocked us out of the cup, so I doubt there's any rescuing of the relationship now. Just a matter of minimising our losses, quite a shame really as he could've been good for us IMO.

Yep, he needs to move on. Both for the player and the club.

Crozzy71 23-06-2019 04:05 PM

63 games for Ajax who apparently aren’t a bad team. Also capped at every level for the national side.

Yet not deemed good enough for us ��

Little Fozzie 23-06-2019 04:36 PM

Always important to remember that palace fans wrote off Murray and Jedinak as not good enough