CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

glaziers fan 02-09-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14904984)
Opinions on players will change as their performances/form change. Iíve got no problem with people voicing their opinions... as long as they do without being insulting. I thought Delaney was gonna be a disaster when we got promoted. I couldnít have been more wrong. I was certain David Whyte would play for England. If posters are gonna be continually reminded of the ones they got wrong... no-one will post.

well said :p

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14904962)
Loan deal to German Bundesliga team Paderborn being suggested.

Really hope we can ship him out even if its just temporary. He needs a move too, he has been letting his career pass him by due to turning down previous moves.

RisZero 02-09-2019 10:34 AM

Season long loan, no option to buy according to Woosie and The Athletic

GreatGonzo 02-09-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14904997)
Really hope we can ship him out even if its just temporary. He needs a move too, he has been letting his career pass him by due to turning down previous moves.

Was only ever going to play in the League cup this side of Christmas so needs to move at least temporarily.

I think he will look a better player in another league, the pace of the PL is an issue that will not change for him.

SussexRed&Blue 02-09-2019 10:53 AM

He needs to go out and play games think he could be good with a regular run of matches but just seems to have lost his way a bit. Still young and still can have a good career.

Remember the game he played v Man City during the 0-0 draw when we nearly ended their unbeaten run. Was very impressive that day.

Be interesting to see how he does if he goes to Paderborn on loan.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14905039)
Was only ever going to play in the League cup this side of Christmas so needs to move at least temporarily.

I think he will look a better player in another league, the pace of the PL is an issue that will not change for him.

I agree. As soon as he made his debut against Huddersfield, he immediately looked like he didn't look like he has the physical attributes to succeed in the Premier League.

regal_eagle 02-09-2019 11:10 AM

Jairo needs to pull his thumb out and play some football.

Johan Cruyff's guinea pig and Frank de Boer's protťgť?! For someone with obvious potential, those are some big names to be dragging down!

Go and play football, score some goals and prove your worth to us lad!

Timbo 02-09-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered (Post 14821644)
Max has stolen a living so far. Done nothing. If he was a youngster after that season he would have been written off a long time ago. I hope he comes good, but heís miles from blossoming so far.

Just for the record I agree that MM has been ineffective

The point about our own young players has some merit too

Reidewald also ineffective but receives less 1st team opportunity

Blackson 02-09-2019 12:51 PM

just seen this: https://www.kicker.de/4000000031779/...ld_soll_kommen

Sign him up: He's a perfect fit to destroy this club for I cherish a long standing tradition of disliking this lot.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 14905079)
Just for the record I agree that MM has been ineffective

The point about our own young players has some merit too

Reidewald also ineffective but receives less 1st team opportunity

He is not as good as Max and has had done far less. He gets fewer opportunities because he deserves fewer opportunities.

RisZero 02-09-2019 07:24 PM

Loan is now off apparently

cpfcfan1 02-09-2019 07:37 PM

Jordan mutch mk11

BillyTKid 02-09-2019 07:42 PM

What a waste of a career. How can we not get this guy a decent loan? He has a serious CV. We should just pay his wages if necessary. We are destroying any chance of getting a transfer fee fir him.

thereichstuff 02-09-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 14905603)
What a waste of a career. How can we not get this guy a decent loan? He has a serious CV. We should just pay his wages if necessary. We are destroying any chance of getting a transfer fee fir him.

It could be him saying no . He turned down Swansea last season iirc .

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisZero (Post 14905588)
Loan is now off apparently

What a surprise!! At least Mutch agreed to loans elsewhere. Jairo has supposedly turned down at least 2 moves elsewhere in the past so he can continue to play in our U23s. Maybe this time it wasn't down to him but his history means I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

He has turned down at least 2 moves before now. One loan he was reported to have rejected because he wasn't guaranteed to be in their starting 11. If that was true then he obviously prefers taking it easy in our Under 23s to fighting to prove he deserves to play first team football.

We got rid of FDB quickly enough but unfortunately he left us with a waste of a football player. Thank god we didn't let him sign any more of his players.

chateauferret 02-09-2019 08:03 PM

We got knocked out of the League Cup and he was totally toilet. No chance of a game here after that disgraceful performance so WTF is he still doing here? Sitting on his arse doing nothing.

Nice work if you can get it. FFS.

cockles 02-09-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Last year he turned down the loan move set up for him.
Why do you assume the club is at fault this time?

Worse than Mutch. Indeed. We can't blame Pardew for Riedewald.

Hazbaz 02-09-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14905634)
We got knocked out of the League Cup and he was totally toilet. No chance of a game here after that disgraceful performance so WTF is he still doing here? Sitting on his arse doing nothing.

Nice work if you can get it. FFS.

Iíve said it before but here it is again, itís a waste of 50k per week, if we had let him go in the summer for free it would have been worth it as heís got a contract that runs until June 2022.. Thatís 7.5m down the drain and to be fair what would we ever get for him? Offer him back to Ajax free of charge at least heís off our payroll

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 08:18 PM

Never looks like he can be arsed when the U23 games are streamed either.