CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

teesdale99 09-09-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead (Post 14911669)
Why would he apply himself in a U 23 game though. He s a dutch international and basically frozen out of the 1 st team. He s being asked to play in a meanningless game on his birthday to top it off.

Professional pride. Because playing football is fun. Desire to show he is good enough to play in the first team/get a transfer to a decent club/resurrect a crumbling career.

Terrace Bickle 09-09-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_child (Post 14911544)
They drew 0-0

Summary

Stephen Henderson and Jairo Riedewald start
Jason Lokilo skims the post with a free-kick
Half time: 0-0
Nya Kirby sees a penalty saved
Full time: 0-0

It was a thriller then! [emoji6]

Nostrils 09-09-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE (Post 14911517)
What a waste of talent.

Yep, such a shame, he's technically an excellent player with everything going for him (except maybe pace), he just doesn't seem to have the drive required to succeed over here.

1905 09-09-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regal_eagle (Post 14911664)
I went and left even more annoyed at Jairo. He isn't putting the effort in, and being the senior player on the pitch you'd expect some direction coming from him. None of that. Walked around looking at the grass most of the time.

Watched the live stream and totally agree, terrible performance from him. Interesting what Bright was saying about him during the commentary. Hard to see where he goes from here

Worksop Palace 09-09-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Why would he apply himself in a U 23 game though. He s a dutch international and basically frozen out of the 1 st team. He s being asked to play in a meanningless game on his birthday to top it off.

Not sure if serious.....

Latvian Eagle 09-09-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Why would we even think about giving him first team opportunities if he can't even be bothered to apply himself?

regal_eagle 09-09-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

That's a terrible attitude Jughead!

You say he's a Dutch international.. he has played 3 times for Netherlands, losing twice to turkey & kazahstan, getting subbed on 39' in his last appearance for the full international squad, before being dropped down to the U21s again.

Those 3 LB appearances were in 2015!

Keeping him as LB backup I can understand, but if he's trotting about with kids & can't be bothered, who's gonna give hime a chance against decent opposition?

regal_eagle 09-09-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14911677)
Not sure if serious.....

Not sure if Jairo...

cockles 09-09-2019 04:45 PM

Why does he get first name terms from most posters?

Mutch was called Mutch 99% of the time. It's near the reverse with this waster.

MFBias 09-09-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14911479)
Just bottled a challenge for u23s... Brighty called it "utterly embarrassing".
He ain't tracking his runners either... his time is done here.

It wasn't that bad the tackle, Bright loves to criticise after the event as if he knows all. I like the man but his commentary is fairly self-superior. He operates in a world of hindsight.

Also Rieldewald had moments where he looked composed on the ball and likes to get in around the opposition box. He was working hard till the final whistle, so his attitude is good, if he was Jonny Williams people wouldn't be looking for him to fail.

Billy Rhino 09-09-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 14911698)

Because Reedywalled is hard to spell.

MFBias 09-09-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

People like to use first names rather than bother to try to spell a 'difficult' surname. Very few people call Miliviojević by his surname on here. You will see lineups for the whole team with everyones surname but him as it's easier to write 'Luka' than bother to attempt/learn to spell it. To be fair people struggle with Tomkins and McArthur..

Nostrils 09-09-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14911706)
It wasn't that bad the tackle, Bright loves to criticise after the event as if he knows all. I like the man but his commentary is fairly self-superior. He operates in a world of hindsight.

All about opinions I suppose, but I quite enjoy his commentary. It's not in any way polished, but he does add insights that you wouldn't usually get. And in fairness, you're a hard task master if you expect him to be a clairvoyant.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 09-09-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regal_eagle (Post 14911664)
I went and left even more annoyed at Jairo. He isn't putting the effort in, and being the senior player on the pitch you'd expect some direction coming from him. None of that. Walked around looking at the grass most of the time.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.l and fits in with the growing picture of him.

Wasn't willing to jump and challenge Mounie on his debut so gave him a free header a few yards out, didn't seem bothered to face and block a long range shot by Bristol City in the cup. Doesn't seem willing to do the work Roy wants in midfield so isn't wanted here, wasn't willing to go to Swansea and play football in the Championship and prove himself, wasn't willing to accept a decent loan abroad last year because they wouldn't guarantee a regular starting place (according to reports), he or his agent weren't willing to accept the financial package to go on loan this summer either (again, this is based on reports we have heard, so I admit that isn't a fact). Doesn't seem willing to put any effort in to Under 23 games either.

FDB left very quickly but sadly left us with Riedewald's 5 year contract too.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 09-09-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

He has offers to elsewhere and hasn't fancied it.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 09-09-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teesdale99 (Post 14911672)
Professional pride. Because playing football is fun. Desire to show he is good enough to play in the first team/get a transfer to a decent club/resurrect a crumbling career.

This.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 09-09-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14911683)
Why would we even think about giving him first team opportunities if he can't even be bothered to apply himself?

Exactly. You would hope he would try to prove the manager wrong. If not at another club, which he doesn't seem to want to do then in the cup games or for the Under 23s. He doesn't seem to want to do that either.

Financially he is doing great. 5 years with us on big wages but he also letting a huge chunk of a short career completely pass him by. Maybe he won't ever come to regret but I think most people would.

regal_eagle 09-09-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

He can't be bothered, so why should I bother remembering if it's "Rei...." or "Rie..."

It's not like we're gonna see his surname on our shirt any time soon.

Surprised he's not been called Giro yet!

Nth Kent Eagle 09-09-2019 05:45 PM

He's hardly going to attract offers from top level clubs with that attitude is he?

Billy Rhino 09-09-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14911708)
People like to use first names rather than bother to try to spell a 'difficult' surname. Very few people call Miliviojević by his surname on here. You will see lineups for the whole team with everyones surname but him as it's easier to write 'Luka' than bother to attempt/learn to spell it. To be fair people struggle with Tomkins and McArthur..

It's actually "Milivojević", although it's difficult to spell so I can understand how you got it wrong. ;)