CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

exiledeagle 09-09-2019 06:16 PM

I didn't see game and he generally looks slow and lethargic to me . However just read a report on the match and it suggests he had a decent if not spectacular game .

He was given the chance to build up his match fitness with 90 minutes in south London in the U23 clash, and he put in a solid shift in the middle of the park, making some important challenges, and bursting forward from midfield when he could.
On one occasion in the second half, he single-handedly drove Palace forward after winning the ball in his own half, before taking on several opponents and laying the ball off, only for the attack to break down soon after.

MFBias 09-09-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 14911710)
All about opinions I suppose, but I quite enjoy his commentary. It's not in any way polished, but he does add insights that you wouldn't usually get. And in fairness, you're a hard task master if you expect him to be a clairvoyant.

I do like his commentary aswell however there is a distinction that rather than saying he needs to be clairvoyant, itís easy to suggest someone should have done something different in hindsight, Bright does this alot. He does give some great intel of what a player needs to be doing and I like his style but this is my one criticism. Itís more a defence of Rieldewald than remark about Bright, all Im saying that the tackle wasnít a big deal, there has to opposition to these kinds of comments otherwise then BBS echo will generate till the point people will have vains popping out of their hands. I felt Rieldewald played ok today, he is no Payet downtooling or not putting in effort as some would like to suggest.

MFBias 09-09-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14911761)
It's actually "Milivojević", although it's difficult to spell so I can understand how you got it wrong. ;)

Haha yeah. Pride before fall.

Billy Rhino 09-09-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14911773)
I do like his commentary aswell however there is a distinction that rather than saying he needs to be clairvoyant, itís easy to suggest someone should have done something different in hindsight, Bright does this alot. He does give some great intel of what a player needs to be doing and I like his style but this is my one criticism. Itís more a defence of Rieldewald than remark about Bright, all Im saying that the tackle wasnít a big deal, there has to opposition to these kinds of comments otherwise then BBS echo will generate till the point people will have vains popping out of their hands. I felt Rieldewald played ok today, he is no Payet downtooling or not putting in effort as some would like to suggest.

It's actually "Riedewald", although it's difficult to spell so I can understand how you got it wrong. ;)

Might be best stick to Jairo and Luka in future, it's easier :p

Billy Rhino 09-09-2019 07:07 PM

Personally I've always got a soft spot for technically good footballers and Riedewald does fit that bill but you need more than that to make it at the highest level. Just reading Ayew's comments recently was so refreshing, as he realised he needed to change his attitude and its not only noticeable but is getting him the rewards.

Tim 09-09-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead (Post 14911669)
Why would he apply himself in a U 23 game though. He s a dutch international and basically frozen out of the 1 st team. He s being asked to play in a meanningless game on his birthday to top it off.

Iím sure heíd rather be at home eating cake!

MFBias 09-09-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14911781)
It's actually "Riedewald", although it's difficult to spell so I can understand how you got it wrong. ;)

Might be best stick to Jairo and Luka in future, it's easier :p

Atleast Im having a crack at it.

I commited Murphy’s Law haha : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry%27s_law

chateauferret 09-09-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14911781)
It's actually "Riedewald", although it's difficult to spell so I can understand how you got it wrong. ;)

Might be best stick to Jairo and Luka in future, it's easier :p

Putting diacritics and even writing in different alphabets is one of the few things that's easier on a phone than on a computer. You hold down the letter on the screen and a little menu pops up with different diacritic etc. variants and you pick one. To type in say Cyrillic you set up the Cyrillic keyboard in settings and then a swipe on the space bar changes alphabets. On the computer you have to fartarse around with another application, find the character you want and copy and paste it to your destination, or else remember some arcane combination of modifier keys and the secondary keypad keys.

TheMexicanHorse 10-09-2019 06:08 AM

Did we really need a 86 page thread to come with the conclusion he isn’t EPL?

aashman12 10-09-2019 06:46 AM

Because he's being paid to play, wants to prove himself, I imagine this is the lack of effort in training that's not getting him anywhere near the 1st xi

mcmean 10-09-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14911668)
Get rid

Period

I really don't understand why people come out with these sorts of comments. Anyone with even a minuscule amount of footballing knowledge, know's it's not this simple.

cpfcfan1 10-09-2019 07:18 AM

Serves us right for offering stupid ******* contracts

Maidstoned Eagle 10-09-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmean (Post 14911967)
I really don't understand why people come out with these sorts of comments. Anyone with even a minuscule amount of footballing knowledge, know's it's not this simple.

Your last sentence answers your first. Poor old workshop has been infected by Brighton Trollitis, in other words a bad case of the penistones.

Stan the man 10-09-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 (Post 14911978)
Serves us right for offering stupid ******* contracts

Serves us right for making stupid ******* managerial appointments.

Sam told Parish to get Chris Wilder, Sean Dyche interviewed for the job, yet he went and got Frank de Boer...

costello 10-09-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan the man (Post 14912118)
Serves us right for making stupid ******* managerial appointments.



Sam told Parish to get Chris Wilder, Sean Dyche interviewed for the job, yet he went and got Frank de Boer...


Sean Dyche turned us down.

Danny boy 10-09-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costello (Post 14912153)
Sean Dyche turned us down.

I'm not sure about that. I had the impression he wanted to join us but we wanted to go down a different route.

cpfcfan1 10-09-2019 10:44 AM

Dyche would have been perfect for us, but happy with we got Roy

MAW 10-09-2019 03:27 PM

Football.London, via BBC Sport:

'Bundesliga side Paderborn could be willing to make a second attempt to sign Crystal Palace midfielder Jairo Riedewald, 23, in January after failing with a loan move in the summer.'

https://www.football.london/crystal-...leeds-16888476

cockles 10-09-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAW (Post 14912402)
Football.London, via BBC Sport:

'Bundesliga side Paderborn could be willing to make a second attempt to sign Crystal Palace midfielder Jairo Riedewald, 23, in January after failing with a loan move in the summer.'

https://www.football.london/crystal-...leeds-16888476

The source quote from that is from the day the window closed.
i.e. they haven't said they'll go back in January at all.

Timbo 10-09-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino (Post 14911791)
Personally I've always got a soft spot for technically good footballers and Riedewald does fit that bill but you need more than that to make it at the highest level. Just reading Ayew's comments recently was so refreshing, as he realised he needed to change his attitude and its not only noticeable but is getting him the rewards.

I read it another way and wonder why his attitude was poor before. Ayew is playing so well now it is hard to believe that he let himself and the club down before this change of heart


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.