CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   User Help and Suggestions (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   “XXXXX (name of player) discussion” threads (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=273603)

Dorking .Eagle 10-01-2018 04:22 PM

“XXXXX (name of player) discussion” threads

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it annoying that General Palace discussion is now regularly headed by blandly titled threads such as “Wilfried Zaha discussion”

I am sure, in the past there would have been separately titled threads on whatever the specific discussion was focussed on, eg “Did Wilf dive in the game against Stoke?” and all the discussion specifically related to that debate would be on that thread.

By just having these endless threads about whatever they have done each game (with the threads rolling on for weeks and months), it could be argued that it is not much different to ‘bumping old threads’

I know that when something massive happens, (eg Roy became our new manager) you could get numerous multiple ‘Roy’ threads about lots of slightly different things he might do.

However, all these threads with just the player name and ‘discussion’ don’t tempt you in to read and debate the latest topic.

Obviously I can’t stop people tagging on their latest thoughts on Wayne Hennessey’s form onto the long running thread about him, but I just think people might like to start a new thread once in a while if there is enough of a fresh topic being raised?

Maidstoned Eagle 10-01-2018 04:54 PM

Aadot

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=273516

Dorking .Eagle 10-01-2018 06:45 PM

Thanks Maidstoned. trust me to miss that in GPD! (probably because GPD isn't very enticing for dipping your toe into with all the bland thread titles)

Oh well, at least its not just me thinking it!

EddieEdwards 11-01-2018 02:06 PM

As Adlerhorst said on that other "discussion" thread, it's fine to start separate threads on specific new topics related to a player (or manager, chairman etc.) if people want to do so. Mods may sometimes merge very similar threads, and if for example someone started a new thread just saying that Jordon Mutch is a bit rubbish then it would probably get merged with the existing JM discussion thread, but by all means start new threads if there's something new to discuss related to an individual.

Dave 11-01-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 14045332)
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it annoying that General Palace discussion is now regularly headed by blandly titled threads such as “Wilfried Zaha discussion”

I am sure, in the past there would have been separately titled threads on whatever the specific discussion was focussed on, eg “Did Wilf dive in the game against Stoke?” and all the discussion specifically related to that debate would be on that thread.

By just having these endless threads about whatever they have done each game (with the threads rolling on for weeks and months), it could be argued that it is not much different to ‘bumping old threads’

I know that when something massive happens, (eg Roy became our new manager) you could get numerous multiple ‘Roy’ threads about lots of slightly different things he might do.

However, all these threads with just the player name and ‘discussion’ don’t tempt you in to read and debate the latest topic.

Obviously I can’t stop people tagging on their latest thoughts on Wayne Hennessey’s form onto the long running thread about him, but I just think people might like to start a new thread once in a while if there is enough of a fresh topic being raised?

I'm afraid this is the result of folks using the transfer forum for discussions on players performance

switchboard 22-01-2018 03:34 PM

Can we not have a subforum in GPD for player chat? Just have a mega thread for each player? One thread created for each player by a MOD and no poster access to create new threads?