CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2021 Apple Event - iPhone 13 etc (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284780)

James 14-09-2021 12:37 PM

2021 Apple Event - iPhone 13 etc
 
The annual September Apple event used to be a major discussion topic here. Isn't anyone interested any more?

Night Eagle 14-09-2021 12:53 PM

I've been waiting on the next evolution of the iphone since the X and looks like i'm going to be waiting a bit longer judging by the rumour mill.

PalaceForever 14-09-2021 01:00 PM

I need a new laptop, so I'm interested in the new Macbooks (rumored 14" and the 16"), but I don't that'll be covered in today's event.

Adlerhorst 14-09-2021 02:19 PM

My X is knackered. My wife’s 6S is really knackered.

So I’ll buy two, but I suspect next year is where it gets different.

dweedman 14-09-2021 07:28 PM

Don't see the point in caring about the latest iPhone these days when anyone can buy a £150 Huawei or Xiaomi phone that does everything just as well. All smartphones end up lasting around the same amount of time unless you go through the process of getting the battery replaced (and who does, really?). Can't see myself getting excited over a £1200 phone.

Brett 14-09-2021 08:42 PM

Because they are now an arsehole company focused on sweating the gross margin above all else?

CT_Palace 14-09-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16003983)
My X is knackered. My wifeís 6S is really knackered.

So Iíll buy two, but I suspect next year is where it gets different.

My wife's 6S was knackered so we got her a 12 with 128meg.
My 6 is even more knackered and I will replace it with a (hopefully now) reduced price 12. Not interested in what the 13 has to offer, only its downward pressure on the 12 pricing.
I expect to be able to use the 12 equally as long as I have managed with the 6, if not longer actually.

Reps AJ 14-09-2021 09:24 PM

There is very little innovation these days across all the manufacturers, probably hasn't been for a good few years.

Richard 15-09-2021 02:36 PM

I'm knackered, but think I may splash out on my first ever Apple watch.

Not 100% sure it's very good value for money, but if one can't indulge oneself a little occasionally what is the point of getting so knackered ?

Cruel trick to launch it but then leave it vague as to when it will be available.

Joe85 15-09-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 16005850)
I'm knackered, but think I may splash out on my first ever Apple watch.

Not 100% sure it's very good value for money, but if one can't indulge oneself a little occasionally what is the point of getting so knackered ?

Cruel trick to launch it but then leave it vague as to when it will be available.

Good bit of kit (although there not a whole lot of upgrades over the 6, if you fancy saving a few quid)

Jonboy 15-09-2021 03:54 PM

The trick with an Apple device is not to use a banking app on it. Otherwise, it knows when you can afford to buy a new Apple device.

PauLo 15-09-2021 03:58 PM

I can get the new iPhone in pink? Sold.

Ralph 15-09-2021 06:43 PM

I actually need a new phone but was a little underwhelmed this time around.

Can anyone here actually convince me in favour of the new iPhone?

Hedgehog 15-09-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 16005850)
I'm knackered, but think I may splash out on my first ever Apple watch.

Not 100% sure it's very good value for money, but if one can't indulge oneself a little occasionally what is the point of getting so knackered ?

Cruel trick to launch it but then leave it vague as to when it will be available.

The must use the same PR team as Palace's club shop!

laths 15-09-2021 07:00 PM

Unless you want a better camera, slightly faster processor and a bit longer battery life over the 12 what’s the point ?

CT_Palace 15-09-2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laths (Post 16006536)
Unless you want a better camera, slightly faster processor and a bit longer battery life over the 12 whatís the point ?

It's a valid point, but on the basis that I dont think many people upgrade every time there's new iPhone to be had, but continue to use their iPhone for many years, you might be able to make a case for buying the highest spec'ed phone to give it a bit of extra longevity.
Having said that, the difference between a 12 and a 13 isn't big enough for me to shell out the extra for a 13 over a 12.

Adlerhorst 16-09-2021 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16006538)
It's a valid point, but on the basis that I dont think many people upgrade every time there's new iPhone to be had, but continue to use their iPhone for many years, you might be able to make a case for buying the highest spec'ed phone to give it a bit of extra longevity.
Having said that, the difference between a 12 and a 13 isn't big enough for me to shell out the extra for a 13 over a 12.

See for me it is, it’s only £50 difference. Though I suppose if you don’t need the increase in storage and can get away with the lower base storage in the 12 then the gap in price is bigger.

Richard 16-09-2021 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 16006084)
Good bit of kit (although there not a whole lot of upgrades over the 6, if you fancy saving a few quid)

But that is the genius/evil of Apple, isn't it ? Human nature is to want the best and a fear being left behind. Now I'm happy to leave it 2-3 years between 'phone upgrades, because I see little point in upgrading unless there is a significant new feature (last done to get dual-SIM capability, so I could have both work & personal numbers on one 'phone), but in buying a new watch I can't resist buying the newest.

You are, of course, right that a 6 would do everything I want, but I admit that I am being Appled ...

Richard 16-09-2021 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonboy (Post 16006263)
The trick with an Apple device is not to use a banking app on it. Otherwise, it knows when you can afford to buy a new Apple device.

LOL !

Richard 16-09-2021 08:04 AM

I see that, having started the thread, James couldn't be arsed to return to it, so he's answered his own question in the original post.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.