CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Speculation: Zaha summer 2019 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278798)

Sp1Eagle 19-04-2019 09:38 PM

Zaha summer 2019

Wilfried Zaha has revealed he is ready to leave Crystal Palace this summer.

In an exclusive interview with Sportsmail, Zaha put the big clubs on alert by outlining his ambitions to play for an elite side in the Champions League and challenge for trophies.

The 26-year-old former Manchester United winger said: 'I'm too ambitious. And not ambitious just to play for a top club, but to win things at club level and with the Ivory Coast.

'For me to be better, to achieve what I know I am capable of, I have to aim to play at the very highest level, to win trophies. I'm blessed to have come this far in my playing career. But I feel like there is so much more I have to offer.

'I have to experience the Champions League. I just need the opportunity, that's it. And I'll do the rest.'

Palace fended off interest in talisman Zaha last summer, persuading him to sign a 130,000-a-week, five-year deal that made him their highest earner.

As a result, it is going to take a hefty offer, well above 50million, before Palace do business.

But there is a growing feeling behind the scenes at Selhurst Park that this summer is the right time to let their best player leave if the price is right. Palace previously sold Zaha to United for 10m in 2013 before bringing him back two years later.

Arsenal are big fans of Zaha, while the prospect of a return to Old Trafford has increased following Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's appointment as manager.

Zaha impressed Solskjaer when they worked together at Cardiff in 2014 the player was on loan and United have made signing a right winger their top priority.

Jadon Sancho tops United's list but Borussia Dortmund's 'not for sale' stance, plus rival interest from Paris Saint-Germain, represent considerable obstacles.

Zaha is also expected to have options abroad, including Inter Milan and Dortmund.

Chelsea whose transfer plans are dependent on their appeal against a two-window FIFA ban and Tottenham have been keen on Zaha in the past.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ns-League.html

dilem 19-04-2019 09:39 PM

Big come and get me pleas in here...

Sp1Eagle 19-04-2019 09:49 PM

From the same interview but different article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Trafford.html

Quote:

But a third productive season this term for 13th-placed Palace, including winning more Premier League penalties (six) than anyone else and being widely hailed as the best player outside the top six is enough. 'I'd love those sort of compliments when I'm in a top-six club,' says Zaha.

RisZero 19-04-2019 09:49 PM

Been expecting this to be the window, just hope we get enough money and use it well (not hopeful) if it has to happen

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 19-04-2019 09:53 PM

Certainly sounds far more intent to push for a move than he ever has before. It will be a battle to keep him but it will also cost a lot of money.

mroakley9 19-04-2019 09:56 PM

If he does leave, hope he goes abroad tbh

Hedgehog 19-04-2019 10:01 PM

All part of the roller coaster... a little over a week ago we were all happy that he sounded happy at Palace.

I also am not so sure I think he is as good as he thinks he is. I'm not sure he would walk into any of the top 6 teams in The UK or abroad.

Great Lombardi 19-04-2019 10:01 PM

After reading the article I don't think any Palace fan can disagree with him or begrudge him his dream. He was very respectful and honest...

Good luck to him!

Shipp Ahoy! 19-04-2019 10:04 PM

So much for my future is at Palace.

ForzaPalace 19-04-2019 10:06 PM

Thanks for the memories. Let’s get ourselves someone consistent.

PalaceForever 19-04-2019 10:12 PM

It feels inevitable after this season, unfortunately. I’ll be desperately sad when/if he leaves.

Harry Holmesdale 19-04-2019 10:15 PM

Gutted

Pub Idol 19-04-2019 10:17 PM

If he wants to go then fine. But why talk now? Why not wait a few weeks and the season is done. Unprofessional & unhelpful.

sl6 Eagle 19-04-2019 10:17 PM

When/if Wilf goes we are in huge trouble. We are so reliant on him and everything positive goes through him and is our talisman.
Whatever money we get for Wilf it will not be enough, to us he’s priceless. We won’t be able to attract anyone near the outstanding talent that we have in Wilf. If the player we are interested in is as good as Wilf he won’t come to Palace!!!
I’d be gutted if he left, the lift he gives the crowd, the excitement when he gets the ball in an attacking area and the passion he has for Palace will never be replaced.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 19-04-2019 10:18 PM

So options....

Lookman?
Demari Gray?
Bowen?
McNeil?
Sessegnon (unlikely)

Are there any other potential wide players we could look at? And what chane would we have of tempting any of the above?

Let's hope that if he goes it is early in the window so we compete for some of the better names.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 19-04-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle (Post 14733632)
When/if Wilf goes we are in huge trouble. We are so reliant on him and everything positive goes through him and is our talisman.
Whatever money we get for Wilf it will not be enough, to us hes priceless. We wont be able to attract anyone near the outstanding talent that we have in Wilf. If the player we are interested in is as good as Wilf he wont come to Palace!!!
Id be gutted if he left, the lift he gives the crowd, the excitement when he gets the ball in an attacking area and the passion he has for Palace will never be replaced.

This is the major downside of having a player who is such a huge figure for your club. Even Real Madrid have struggled losing their star man for a massive fee in his 30s. Losing Wilf won't help us to convince Luka to sign another deal - after all Wilf helps him earn his goal bonus no end. It won't help us persuade AWB to stay etc. etc.

AJ's right boot 19-04-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14733633)
So options....

Lookman?
Demari Gray?
Bowen?
McNeil?
Sessegnon (unlikely)

Are there any other potential wide players we could look at? And what chane would we have of tempting any of the above?

Let's hope that if he goes it is early in the window so we compete for some of the better names.

Lookman would be a good signing imo.

CP-RJW 19-04-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ's right boot (Post 14733640)
Lookman would be a good signing imo.

He would if we could get him. Hasn’t he forced himself into evertons starting 11 recently though?

Hedgehog 19-04-2019 10:28 PM

I'm not sure there is anyone coming up through the ranks at the club, but I do feel this is the only way we would get a like for like replacement. Not sure you can buy his talent.

I don't think anybody expected Wilf to develop the way he did from the days of his debut, so it is is so hard to say if there is anyone to fill his shoes already at the club (see AWB).

PalaceForever 19-04-2019 10:28 PM

If we get a giant fee, I hope we spend it on young up and coming talents like Sessegnon, Daniel James and Che Adams.