CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fifa 18 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=270789)

PalaceMonkey 27-09-2017 08:47 AM

Havn't had any issue with lag. In fact it's been much smoother than 17 so far in that respect.

Did play someone with the top 11 bundesliga players last night. Can't imagine how much he paid for that. And annoyingly he wasn't that shit, like most players who've paid cash for their teams are.

The passing & movement definitely feels different, though it is still very easy just to play a through ball to a pacy striker.
Think 90% of my goals conceded are counter-attacks at pace. :(

Benzhiyi 27-09-2017 07:38 PM

My review for The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-new-story-pes

SeanPalace84 27-09-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi (Post 13869120)

Great review and a good read :p

No mention of Palace though :D

jaspercpfc 28-09-2017 08:18 AM

so I purchased the standard version for the Xbox One and Argos sent through a digital download code last night, entered it and then nothing. Is it a case it won't be accessible to download/play until tomorrow? I can't even see it under "Games"

PalaceMonkey 29-09-2017 07:56 AM

an excellent night for SBCs for me.
Did the hybrid nation 4 SBCs and got Jesus (40k), Mbappe (120k) and Handanovic, who I'm keeping as I have a calcio A side.
noice.

james powell 29-09-2017 10:10 AM

I find this very hard to play, defenders are getting turned inside out as it takes them ages to readjust after running in one direction to stop and run the other just seems to take an enternity and then the other player has skipped past you.

Shipp Ahoy! 29-09-2017 10:26 AM

Only played one game last night but enjoyed the feel of it, seems more realistic than ever before from a playing point of view.

Had a very quick play on career mode and will restart that later. Positives of the new transfer mode mean you can actually sign a player almost instantly now, rather than have to submit a bid and wait a week before they even let you know if they will even consider your offer let alone consider negotiating, was very frustrating trying to sign a player for over a month - I guess it was quite Palace like in its dealings :D Downside is, feels like signing players has got a lot more expensive. Signing on fees, bonuses etc mean you have to fork out potentially millions more to the player themselves. Also means, albeit more realistic, that the days of flogging a player for 20-30million above market value because they are in decent form look like they are pretty much gone and signing players for relative bargains are too... no selling a player for 60million and replacing them with a better version for half the cost and getting in someone else too!

First move was to try to get rid of Wilf's release clause and had to take the hit on a year of his contract. So looks like they have fixed the whole negotiating contracts thing in that it used to be purely adding the years onto the existing deal.

PalaceMonkey 29-09-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james powell (Post 13871150)
I find this very hard to play, defenders are getting turned inside out as it takes them ages to readjust after running in one direction to stop and run the other just seems to take an enternity and then the other player has skipped past you.

yeah, got to learn how to defend again. it's a tough learning curve.

hdeagle 29-09-2017 06:23 PM

You can use the old method of defending if you do not like the changes.

Just change it back in the options menu.

Keepers rarely attempt to catch high crosses preferring to punch the ball most of the time.

Latvian Eagle 29-09-2017 07:36 PM

Is Serie B completely fake in FIFA still?

jono cp 30-09-2017 10:17 AM

Love how good the keepers are

Latvian Eagle 30-09-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jono cp (Post 13872520)
Love how good the keepers are

Really? Must have changed from the demo as they were awful in that.

CPFC Jimmy 30-09-2017 10:44 AM

Yes, the keepers aren't that good! I keep hearing everyone saying they are amazing - not what I have seen

Latvian Eagle 30-09-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC Jimmy (Post 13872564)
Yes, the keepers aren't that good! I keep hearing everyone saying they are amazing - not what I have seen

I am sure the keepers in older video games were better.

Not sure why in either PES or FIFA they always seem to get it horribly wrong with Goalkeepers.

CP-RJW 30-09-2017 11:34 PM

Already getting tired of ultimate team, and I've only played about 20 games :supergrin: I just come up against essentially the same pace filled prem side every game, with every opponent playing with the same plan of sit back with ten men behind the ball and then counter with a swarm of 85+ pace attackers. They're usually pretty easy to beat by just keeping possession and frustrating them, but it's so monotonous, think this will be another FIFA where I stick to career mode, pro clubs and seasons.

Wingy_CPFC 01-10-2017 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Keepers are woeful! Hardly save a thing. Paired with the fact that shooting is far too accurate - even with low rated players, and especially from long range. Lots of goals and plenty of "worldies" going round but that's not fun to me personally.

Also, anyone had anything invisible yet? Three of us played our Pro Clubs opening three games and the goals were literally invisible for all of us. Bizarre.

Attachment 49528

JJ 01-10-2017 09:42 AM

Hating the whole contract negotiation thing. First time it was ok but gets v boring v quickly. You can delegate thst sude of things but then have no control over contract length etc.

CP-RJW 01-10-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 13875902)
Hating the whole contract negotiation thing. Furst time it was ok but gets v boring v quickly. You can delegate thst sude of things but then have no control over contract length etc.

I love it because now you can complete an entire transfer in one day, makes last minute deals far easier. Doesn't take too long if you just hold X to skip everything.

JJ 01-10-2017 11:35 AM

You hold the square on PS4 to skip through it, but that also means you just agree to everything they want. I do agree though that it's good to get it done there and then.

CP-RJW 01-10-2017 12:02 PM

Ah, when I skip it just takes me to a screen with what the player expects and the option to accept, negotiate or decline. Maybe you're holding it down too long. :)