CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fifa 18 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=270789)

Benzhiyi 09-10-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 13882187)
Best mode in any sports game is very generous by the way, FIFA is lagging behind the likes of NBA2K for actual innovative features and game modes but the fact that ones football and ones a sport next to no one outside the US cares about puts a damper on that.

You're preaching to the converted here Ė I've written thousands of words over the last decade or so on the brilliance of NBA 2K, MLB The Show and Out Of The Park Baseball. In particular the former pair's career modes. But both have left me a touch cold since the switch to PS4.

MyLeague, as it's now called, is both overly sprawling and a touch stagnant, and the whole storyline element of MyGM feels contrived and unnecessary. IMO, of course. :angel:

karl.eldridge 09-10-2017 03:32 PM

Tried the Gold Upgrade SBC and now have a Zaha I can't trade, which is good for me.

Does anybody know when the League SBCs change.

jcreedy 11-10-2017 10:26 AM

Is anybody else finding the menus (on PS4 at least) either totally unresponsive or laggy?

More high-jinx from the linesman last night. He flagged for a throw, but then turned to face and look down the touchline, rather than face the pitch. So odd.

karl.eldridge 11-10-2017 11:18 AM

Apparently the next league SBC is Liga NOS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...e_tips_inside/

Little guide on the league.

Supposedly going to be with Russian League.

IpswichEagle 12-10-2017 12:49 PM

I've just decided i'm not very good.

I win a few of the online games now and then, but my fingers literally can't cope with the speed you seem to have to play at. I only tend to beat people who try and pass it around, in the manner that real football happens. That appears to be about 10% of players. I play with the speed turned down in the single player games, much more similar paced to actual football.

It is the dominance of speed merchants that kills my personal experience. They glide around the pitch at 458mph, turning on a sixpence with the ball glued to their feet, just insane and incredibly un-fun to play against every match. If the game was slowed by just 20%, it would be so much more tactical instead of hold sprint and weave past static defenders. The speed of the game also makes most of the skill moves a complete waste of time as well. Again, this is my opinion, that of someone not very good.

Also, sometimes i can't figure out how opponents are literally on me like glue, whatever i do, within mm of my player at all times. Possibly some sort of cheating, probably not, i don't know.

I also have played against a few players who literally knock in 25 yarders with every shot. I was 4-0 down to one once at half time. He had 4 shots from outside the area. Granted, our Wayne was in goal.

I also don't like the matchmaking as i play the same teams all the time. Mainly one's with some ridiculous stat forward. I've never played an English team yet in maybe 30 games. I'm assuming this is because people just pick the teams with 4 Pace 90 forwards. Playing as Palace always is what i want to do, yet i'd probably be better off with a better team.

So my personal preferences would be -

* Slow the game a bit
* Make it possible to have a bit more success with something other than speed. For example, it is extremely difficult too play Pulis-ball, but if i want to, i would be able to.
* Make defenders a bit better at facing up
* Free kicks and penalties are rubbish and way too arcade-ish

pallet 12-10-2017 12:56 PM

Sounds like you and I play against the same teams. I suffer from all the same problems. It takes me a year to get used to playing Fifa, they bring out a new version and I have to start all over again.

Ralph 12-10-2017 01:03 PM

Play PES.

dhcpfc 15-10-2017 07:48 PM

Apologies if this has been asked but just picked up a PS4 fifa18 bundle. I notice that Sakho is not a Palace player. Do you have to correct yourself or will the game auto update? Do I need a Sony account to do this?

Max_Power 15-10-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhcpfc (Post 13895387)
Apologies if this has been asked but just picked up a PS4 fifa18 bundle. I notice that Sakho is not a Palace player. Do you have to correct yourself or will the game auto update? Do I need a Sony account to do this?

Just update the squads - canít remember the exact sequence but if you go to setting/squads or something like that thereís an option to update squads. This wonít update the story or any existing careers, but any new career or kick off game will have the correct squad.

Shipp Ahoy! 15-10-2017 08:20 PM

Had an interesting message pop up while playing tonight...

Apparently I've been breaking rules of FUT or whatever its called and had my account permanently blocked!

This came as a big surprise to me as I have never played the bloody thing :D

This along with the glitch that means I can't complete the journey is just super for the £55 I forked out. Jokers.

jobiinthelastmi 15-10-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IpswichEagle (Post 13889932)
I've just decided i'm not very good.

I win a few of the online games now and then, but my fingers literally can't cope with the speed you seem to have to play at. I only tend to beat people who try and pass it around, in the manner that real football happens. That appears to be about 10% of players. I play with the speed turned down in the single player games, much more similar paced to actual football.

It is the dominance of speed merchants that kills my personal experience. They glide around the pitch at 458mph, turning on a sixpence with the ball glued to their feet, just insane and incredibly un-fun to play against every match. If the game was slowed by just 20%, it would be so much more tactical instead of hold sprint and weave past static defenders. The speed of the game also makes most of the skill moves a complete waste of time as well. Again, this is my opinion, that of someone not very good.

Also, sometimes i can't figure out how opponents are literally on me like glue, whatever i do, within mm of my player at all times. Possibly some sort of cheating, probably not, i don't know.

I also have played against a few players who literally knock in 25 yarders with every shot. I was 4-0 down to one once at half time. He had 4 shots from outside the area. Granted, our Wayne was in goal.

I also don't like the matchmaking as i play the same teams all the time. Mainly one's with some ridiculous stat forward. I've never played an English team yet in maybe 30 games. I'm assuming this is because people just pick the teams with 4 Pace 90 forwards. Playing as Palace always is what i want to do, yet i'd probably be better off with a better team.

So my personal preferences would be -

* Slow the game a bit
* Make it possible to have a bit more success with something other than speed. For example, it is extremely difficult too play Pulis-ball, but if i want to, i would be able to.
* Make defenders a bit better at facing up
* Free kicks and penalties are rubbish and way too arcade-ish

I'll agree that the shooting is a bit easy. I had a quick look into this earlier and if you hit it with a decent amount of power from outside the box and facing the goal, the shots seem to have a wicked dip on them, giving the keepers no chance. This is a normal shot, not a "flair" shot.

You need to learn to not play the game with the run button held down and learn to turn away from players when you receive the ball, again without the run button down.

Defending can be tricky but you need to not dive in and mash the tackle button like a psychopath. If you've got a player coming at you jinking about then just back up holding the right trigger. Eventually you'll get a chance to tackle him. If you're side to side with a player, then you mash the tackle button, because it'll slow him down and usually defending players are stronger than attackers.

Trist 15-10-2017 10:21 PM

Fifa 18

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 49579

Fingers crossed this arrives next week. The fact he'd be a striker would push his price up.

I've made some decent coins this week though and sitting on 200k plus a whole load of investments. Not sure how much that card would cost but with that pace I bet it would be expensive.

karl.eldridge 16-10-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trist (Post 13895663)
Attachment 49579

Fingers crossed this arrives next week. The fact he'd be a striker would push his price up.

I've made some decent coins this week though and sitting on 200k plus a whole load of investments. Not sure how much that card would cost but with that pace I bet it would be expensive.

I can't see a Zaha IF. I would love to have it but I only have 120k atm.

karl.eldridge 16-10-2017 02:51 PM

I just packed a Melbourne City player bronze and sold him for 10k.

Check your clubs for any Melbourne or Sydney player, all going for 10k now.

SeanPalace84 16-10-2017 03:25 PM

I just keep playing Marseille, Lyon or RB Leipzig on seasons. So frustrating play in people that just pass really quick, score then carry on. Hardly ever play a normal game of football

CP-RJW 16-10-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 (Post 13896472)
I just keep playing Marseille, Lyon or RB Leipzig on seasons. So frustrating play in people that just pass really quick, score then carry on. Hardly ever play a normal game of football

Hah I haven’t played much fifa 18 seasons, hell I’ve played little fifa 18 whatsoever, but on 17 70% of my matches were against Lyon or Marseille. I don’t know why, guess they’re the most popular teams on Palace’s level? Then 10% of my matches were against stupid teams way out of Palace’s league like Spurs, Liverpool and even Dortmund. The last 20% were random assorted teams on Palace’s level or on a rare occasion, below.

marantz 17-10-2017 10:32 AM

I played galatasary 4 times in a row on Sunday night then Lyon 3 times in a row Iím up to division 6 at the moment in seasons

SeanPalace84 17-10-2017 04:14 PM

Not enjoying this game really although I mainly play seasons. Just too fast paced and not enjoyable, preferred last year's.

Work Shy Eagle 17-10-2017 04:50 PM

Yep - couldn't agree more. Defending is a chore now, and he pace abusers are back in force.

Night Eagle 17-10-2017 05:41 PM

Really starting to get into this now. Some of the comments above are correct. Learn to take your time, not abuse the sprint button and pass it around looking for an opening.