CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Politics Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Brexit (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266039)

DE - Glad All Over 26-06-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm61 (Post 13071665)
The country is in chaos - split down the middle - Tories and Labour at each others throats...wait until the markets open tomorrow and price in chaos and a vengeful EU...more banks getting ready to move - shares plunging and pensions with them

You are Jonesy from Dads army:D

Conservatives and the Soc.Libs have allways been at each others throats - what's new.

We have had several recesions and stock market crasheses whilst inside the EU - some BBSs had mortages at 15/16%. Greece has got problems on an unbelivable scale compared to our little internal spat. France has got a pension crisis looming on a monumental scale

I think that now we have broken away from the Matrix umbillical cord, smelt the air then we might actually grow a pair of balls. Regardless of which way you voted, the younger folk have been on the EU tit feeling safe for to long. Most babies cry when removed from the tit - and this is what the 'doom and gloom' brigade are doing now. Thank god these people were not around when we had to square up to the Nazis in 1939.

Nth Kent Eagle 26-06-2016 11:48 AM

Will Brexit supporting pensioners be willing to pay more tax to support public services if financial services move or as Nigel UKIP predicts there is a recession?

DE - Glad All Over 26-06-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm61 (Post 13071665)
The country is in chaos - split down the middle - Tories and Labour at each others throats...wait until the markets open tomorrow and price in chaos and a vengeful EU...more banks getting ready to move - shares plunging and pensions with them

And another thing (Columbo) this spat is gentle compared to the miners strike (that was rwal division), which also happened when we were inside the EU.

Mr Mannering

Wolfnipplechips 26-06-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DE - Glad All Over (Post 13071798)

Conservatives and the Soc.Libs have allways been at each others throats - what's new.

We have had several recesions and stock market crasheses whilst inside the EU - some BBSs had mortages at 15/16%. Greece has got problems on an unbelivable scale compared to our little internal spat. France has got a pension crisis looming on a monumental scale

I think that now we have broken away from the Matrix umbillical cord, smelt the air then we might actually grow a pair of balls. Regardless of which way you voted, the younger folk have been on the EU tit feeling safe for to long. Most babies cry when removed from the tit - and this is what the 'doom and gloom' brigade are doing now. Thank god these people were not around when we had to square up to the Nazis in 1939.

FFS

Is that what we've come down to now?

DE - Glad All Over 26-06-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 13071804)
Will Brexit supporting pensioners be willing to pay more tax to support public services if financial services move or as Nigel UKIP predicts there is a recession?

I wouldn't think the Remain or the Brexit pensioners in the main would want to pay any more tax. We already have taxed the arse out of them when they were working.

Golf Boy 26-06-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm61 (Post 13070922)
Here we go.....No More Vermin Poles...http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/repo...ail/story.html

What a shambles this is...disgusting.

It's the will of the people.

L'head Eagle 26-06-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DE - Glad All Over (Post 13071798)

There was a huge difference of opinion in 1939 and before. A referendum would have been close on war, although to be fair atc any time in recent British history people ordinary people would not vote for war.

DE - Glad All Over 26-06-2016 12:00 PM

I suspect if Corbyn had shown a bit more spine and aggressively supported Remain in the same way Cameron did - then that would have swung just enough working class speople to giving us a very different outcome.

Mat ov CPFC 26-06-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DE - Glad All Over (Post 13071817)
I suspect if Corbyn had shown a bit more spine and aggressively supported Remain in the same way Cameron did - then that would have swung just enough working class speople to giving us a very different outcome.

I don't. I genuinely think that the anger and resentment was already there. All this vote offered was a fault line for all of that bitterness to have a way up to the surface. ( I am sure that there is a geological term that would describe it much better.)

Corbyn made no difference to that.

All he could have done is ride that wave but he lacked the spine to do so.

redeagle 26-06-2016 12:13 PM

Too many northern labour MPs saw their majorities slashed in the last election with UKIP breathing down their necks. They sat on their hands and pretended the referendum wasn't happening, all the while terrified that if they stood up for remain they would lose their seats in the next election. Spineless politicians putting self interest above principle and the national interest. Shame on all of them.

spt1978 26-06-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 13071804)

We all know where Johnson and Gove will take any shortfall from, hello benefit and civil service cuts.

Mat ov CPFC 26-06-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redeagle (Post 13071825)
Too many northern labour MPs saw their majorities slashed in the last election with UKIP breathing down their necks. They sat on their hands and pretended the referendum wasn't happening, all the while terrified that if they stood up for remain they would lose their seats in the next election. Spineless politicians putting self interest above principle and the national interest. Shame on all of them.

I geuninely think that the majority of our MP's had been so infected with a group-think mentality that they were incapable of acknowledging the threat that the UKIP message represented to what had been the traditional Labour supporting working classes up North.

It was not so much a case of them being Ostriches but more just being ********.

The fact that UKIP were the winners of the last (lol, in every sense of the word) Euro elections allied with their showing in the GE should have been the warning but they could not compute it.

Hence them getting their arses handed to them.

Biggineagle 26-06-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC (Post 13071841)
I geuninely think that the majority of our MP's had been so infected with a group-think mentality that they were incapable of acknowledging the threat that the UKIP message represented to what had been the traditional Labour supporting working classes up North.

It was not so much a case of them being Ostriches but more just being ********.

The fact that UKIP were the winners of the last (lol, in every sense of the word) Euro elections allied with their showing in the GE should have been the warning but they could not compute it.

Hence them getting their arses handed to them.

There is something in what you say.

DHeagle 26-06-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13071781)
:D - started to annoy me a little this morning. Trying to position herself as looking to protect the Scottish people, not seek Independence. If that was the case wouldn't the rhetoric be aimed at the UK Government seeking to influence how Scotland would be protected during negotiations and ensuring she had a seat and say at the table rather than seeking to pinch the UK's chair and gain Independence. She is a canny player who has consistently positioned herself as the voice of reason and maturity but as things get increasingly real for her she is forced to expose that she is after all a politician. There are so many worse though.

I agree, she has to be careful how she goes about this - a failed plea could see Scotland stuck in the United Kingdom with even more bad will between the English and the Scots (or the English and her?), and I saw something this morning about Scotland's government deficit being 9.4% of GNI when the maximum is meant to be 3%. If this is the case, you would assume she is aware of it, and it could be her downfall!

philsick 26-06-2016 04:48 PM

A big fallout from brexit will be the far right and racists feeling confident and that spreading into other areas of life . i said it for years but if you give xenophobia and racism a mainstream platform ,then we are in for big trouble and a sick and divided society. It's started already.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/26/e...eaking-tweets/

willcpfc 26-06-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsick (Post 13072517)
A big fallout from brexit will be the far right and racists feeling confident and that spreading into other areas of life . i said it for years but if you give xenophobia and racism a mainstream platform ,then we are in for big trouble and a sick and divided society. It's started already.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/26/e...eaking-tweets/

I presume all those incidents were duly reported to the police?

Wolfnipplechips 26-06-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willcpfc (Post 13072524)

Oh shut up Will.

You couldn't care less anyway.

philsick 26-06-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

What difference does that make it's happening,racism is in the mainstream. Here's more

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016...hp_ref=uk-news

cdm61 26-06-2016 05:21 PM

(((Dan Hodges))) ‏@DPJHodges 2h2 hours ago
Two Tory MPs have told me if Boris Johnson wins the leadership they will resign from the Tory party and resign their seats.

cdm61 26-06-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

The fascists now have open field day - they will demand forced deportation - when the economy plummets those calls will grow louder...will you defend people physically if this happens?