CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 18-04-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair (Post 14732557)
And uour point?

His point is that Jairo must be on good money to be happy letting his career pass him by in the under 23s while refusing moves elsewhere.

At least that's what I suspect he is saying.

Glɑzier 18-04-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 14732542)
After hardly playing for two years, no push for a transfer

I thought he was in for a loan to Celta Vigo with a buy clause last window?

Anyway he was laughing after the final whistle when we lost the quarter final to Watford. I think we're done.

aj4england 18-04-2019 09:24 PM

Ray lew has said that Jairo doesnít do enough off what he and Roy wants ( eg getting back into shape) and if you donít do what Roy wants you are binned. Problem is thatís not managing our assets , old school approach which no longer works .

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 18-04-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glɑzier (Post 14732600)
I thought he was in for a loan to Celta Vigo with a buy clause last window?

Anyway he was laughing after the final whistle when we lost the quarter final to Watford. I think we're done.

He was meant to be on for a loan somewhere but allegedly turned it down as wasn't guaranteed a place in starting 11.

Glɑzier 18-04-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14732628)
He was meant to be on for a loan somewhere but allegedly turned it down as wasn't guaranteed a place in starting 11.

Sounds plausible.

I also agree with aj4england. Someone like Pochettino or even Eddie Howe would've got a tune out of him. But I think we've lost him now unless there's a change of manager, which is highly unlikely, so he'll be off in the summer to somewhere like Celta. I think he'll do well in La Liga or Serie A; we should sell unless there's another manager incoming who wants to play him.

west country boy 18-04-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 14732601)
Ray lew has said that Jairo doesnít do enough off what he and Roy wants ( eg getting back into shape) and if you donít do what Roy wants you are binned. Problem is thatís not managing our assets , old school approach which no longer works .

I'm not sure that asking a professional athlete to get back into shape is entirely unreasonable.

TAM 19-04-2019 04:39 AM

I suppose this is the image that is created. I know it's not the truth

Golf Boy 19-04-2019 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 14732662)
I'm not sure that asking a professional athlete to get back into shape is entirely unreasonable.

Wages should be stopped or said athlete fired if they wonít.

Happy Arthur 19-04-2019 05:31 AM

He is in good shape. The reason why he doesn't is to do with the shirt he wears ; )

MikeTheEagle 19-04-2019 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 14732714)
He is in good shape. The reason why he doesn't is to do with the shirt he wears ; )

I think that the shape that Ray Lewington was alluding to was the shape of the team rather than personally and that maybe Reiderwald doesn't get back into position quick enough.

TAM 19-04-2019 05:54 AM

It isn't his shape and most certainly not a case of don't want to

aashman12 19-04-2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

You've just said he won't do what they want, how can you manage something that won't comply?

Jughead 19-04-2019 07:39 AM

We ought to give him a chance in midfield. I think he's a good player

Happy Arthur 19-04-2019 07:51 AM

I guess there's a chance that Roy's style is impossible to comprehend for a player who came through the ajax system.

HRS 19-04-2019 07:52 AM

I think there has surely been some confusion over what was meant by get into shape. I took it to mean the shape of the team rather than overweight.

TAM 19-04-2019 08:13 AM

I think in pre season and the few occasions he got a change there was nothing that showed the CP system does not fit him

LuieJack 19-04-2019 08:19 AM

The simple fact is Riedewald has not delivered om and off the pitch and we must believe management who will know first hand, he along with a few others clearly dont figure in the managers plans. Which leaves no alternative but to be moved on in the summer, there are far too many "bench warmers" types at the club that offer nothing, it needs a major clear out.

philsick 19-04-2019 08:19 AM

Roy will always prefer an athletic player like schlupp over technicians like jairo and meyer.

Stavros 69 19-04-2019 08:24 AM

He must be absolutely gutted he left Ajax. That team is something else.
There’s clearly a player in there that Roy can’t get the best out.
There’s a reason FdB bought him.

dave_who_ru 19-04-2019 08:31 AM

You can’t blame Roy and Ray. There are plenty of examples of other players who have been left on the sidelines because they don’t fit in with the team’s style, shape etc. Just look at Sarri this season.

TAM 19-04-2019 09:11 AM

I can't understand why you called it a simple fact, if you don't if that's the case. In and off the pitch?? Please! !!

mushroom 19-04-2019 09:33 AM

Mark Bright said in one of the U23 games, that JR doesnít work hard enough without the ball, and until he learns how to, RH wonít pick him.
Maybe heíll have to forget about playing midfield... left back or centre back seem to be his only options

ExiledStirling 19-04-2019 09:43 AM

TAM do you know him personally?

You post as if you are an ITK.

wedgetail 19-04-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

If that is true god knows what Hodgson is asking Schlupp to do off the ball.

Tim 19-04-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14732817)
Thereís clearly a player in there that Roy canít get the best out.
Thereís a reason FdB bought him.

No way he gets anywhere near that first team!

dave_who_ru 19-04-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 14732817)
Thereís clearly a player in there that Roy canít get the best out.
Thereís a reason FdB bought him.

Looking at the ins and outs at Ajax in recent years they have a ridiculously high turnover of players, albeit they won't have all been first team squad.

Last year in addition to Jairo the two other high profile sales were Davy Klaassen to Everton, which was hardly a success as he has since been sold to Werder Bremen, and Davinson Sanchez to Spurs.

Sure there's a reason FdB bought him but there's also a reason SP hired FdB. Sometimes it just doesn't work

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 19-04-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_who_ru (Post 14732825)
You canít blame Roy and Ray. There are plenty of examples of other players who have been left on the sidelines because they donít fit in with the teamís style, shape etc. Just look at Sarri this season.

Yep. This.

Excowboy 22-06-2019 07:06 PM

Being linked to Besiktas. Was also linked to Turkey in the last window.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-ready...s-green-light/

CharlieCPFC 22-06-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excowboy (Post 14797931)
Being linked to Besiktas. Was also linked to Turkey in the last window.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-ready...s-green-light/

I like Riedewald, he's a tidy player but he just doesn't fit in with our style at all. He could have moulded himself a little more I suppose but it seems he never wanted to. Had a good game against Man City and could have developed into the deep playmaker after Cabaye. He just doesn't possess the tenacity or energy from what I've seen of him.

Hopefully it would be a permanent deal, another wasted wage that would be freed up. I imagine he's on a fair bit as well, at least £40k p/w I'd say.

glaziers fan 23-06-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14732883)
Mark Bright said in one of the U23 games, that JR doesnít work hard enough without the ball, and until he learns how to, RH wonít pick him.
Maybe heíll have to forget about playing midfield... left back or centre back seem to be his only options

Interesting. I think he should be converted back to centre half. Not sure he is good enough at defending for that position but harsh to write him off after a mailing against one of the most aerially dominant centre forwards the Premier League has seen in recent times (Mounie). Squad centre back he might be worth persevering with. Left footed and an excellent passer, if he can defend competently enough he might be useful cover for Sakho.

BillyTKid 23-06-2019 02:03 PM

He is still only 22. Surely we can drill him to get up to pace for the premier league. Given his technical ability, eye for a pass and versatility he could be a useful squad member.

Happy Arthur 23-06-2019 02:05 PM

It's funny how football works. You find a talented young player and then dont want him.

thereichstuff 23-06-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 14798432)
It's funny how football works. You find a talented young player and then dont want him.

It happens .

Stavros 69 23-06-2019 02:14 PM

Would much rather we loan him out and get him some game time

Gollum 23-06-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14798420)
Interesting. I think he should be converted back to centre half. Not sure he is good enough at defending for that position but harsh to write him off after a mailing against one of the most aerially dominant centre forwards the Premier League has seen in recent times (Mounie). Squad centre back he might be worth persevering with. Left footed and an excellent passer, if he can defend competently enough he might be useful cover for Sakho.

Ray Lewington was at a Q&A event a few months ago. Was asked about Riedewald.
He said that he and Roy only really saw Riedewald as a defensive midfielder and only as cover for Luca. Careful with his words but the general gist was that he lacked intensity. Was quite clear that they felt he wasn't a defender.

Glɑzier 23-06-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14798452)
He said that he and Roy only really saw Riedewald as a defensive midfielder and only as cover for Luca. Careful with his words but the general gist was that he lacked intensity. Was quite clear that they felt he wasn't a defender.

I've read this quite a few times on here and Twitter. Seems like they really don't like him, and in return he no longer feels an affinity to the club either. He was laughing after Watford knocked us out of the cup, so I doubt there's any rescuing of the relationship now. Just a matter of minimising our losses, quite a shame really as he could've been good for us IMO.

917L 23-06-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Arthur (Post 14798432)

Because he's not good enough

Gollum 23-06-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glɑzier (Post 14798475)
I've read this quite a few times on here and Twitter. Seems like they really don't like him, and in return he no longer feels an affinity to the club either. He was laughing after Watford knocked us out of the cup, so I doubt there's any rescuing of the relationship now. Just a matter of minimising our losses, quite a shame really as he could've been good for us IMO.

Yep, he needs to move on. Both for the player and the club.

Crozzy71 23-06-2019 04:05 PM

63 games for Ajax who apparently aren’t a bad team. Also capped at every level for the national side.

Yet not deemed good enough for us ��

Little Fozzie 23-06-2019 04:36 PM

Always important to remember that palace fans wrote off Murray and Jedinak as not good enough

Sodermalm 23-06-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 14798545)
Always important to remember that palace fans wrote off Murray and Jedinak as not good enough

And Zeki Fryers

cockles 23-06-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 14798545)

So because Glenn Murray is a great player, so must be Riedewald, is that what you're saying?

ForestGateEagle 23-06-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodermalm (Post 14798580)
And Zeki Fryers

Who has just joined Swindon, from Barnsley, on a free.

Jon_C-Pal 23-06-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crozzy71 (Post 14798516)
63 games for Ajax who apparently arenít a bad team. Also capped at every level for the national side.

Yet not deemed good enough for us ��

Let's face it buying young players isn't really the palace style, we like overpaid journeyman. When was the last time we brought in a young talented player and it actually worked out? Probably Ward and that's about it.

Little Fozzie 23-06-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 14798585)
So because Glenn Murray is a great player, so must be Riedewald, is that what you're saying?

I'm saying that football fans in general aren't exactly great judges of talent. And going from your post and the conclusion you've somehow managed to come to, the reason for that could be that they're a bit thick.

cockles 23-06-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 14798650)
I'm saying that football fans in general aren't exactly great judges of talent. And going from your post and the conclusion you've somehow managed to come to, the reason for that could be that they're a bit thick.

Alternatively starting a sentence with "And" and labelling a sentence ending with "?" a 'Conclusion' could be the symptoms which you allude to.

Jughead 23-06-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14798452)

They do have the right idea
I don't know why they didn't play him more though. We were often too negative with Kouyate playing alongside Luka.

wedgetail 23-06-2019 08:19 PM

He is just not good enough, no major failings just not enough of any attribute.

Eagle Kneevil 23-06-2019 09:12 PM

Thought he suffered from the utility tag. No one seems to know his best position.

Lprkorngod 23-06-2019 09:36 PM

Blah, been an absolute waste of £10M, never looked good enough for the prem, doesn't even look good enough for the U23 from the games I've seen.

fair enough, was a tough first season and was a FdB signings, but warning signs at the start of last season with all that "Riedewald has requested a fan fit shirt rather than player fit" and as stated comments from Bright/Ray haven't exactly been favorable

The lad is probably on circa 55K/wk similar to players like Luka/Schlupp/PvA who actually contribute to the team.

The12thman 23-06-2019 10:15 PM

I canít put my finger on it but donít think heís the right fit for our team. He must be a bit talented to have played for Ajax and worked his way through the ranks to get in the Dutch national team at that time but somethings not right.

However, despite seeming promising, itís all gone a bit wrong and he may be suffering from lack of confidence, perhaps also canít be assed/become a-bit casual, rather than pushing himself to get in the first team reckoning and is happy to stroll about and pick up his wages.

Lewington said he doesnít do enough off the ball in the under 23s and off the ball isnít busy enough.

I donít think heíll ever make it here and will be sold on for £5m or so in the next season or so and is another weíll take a hit on sadly.

Ian Hart 23-06-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glaziers fan (Post 14798420)

De Boer clearly had a view as to how he wanted the team to play, with three central defenders who can launch attacks out of defence. So for that first match he picked Jairo and Fosu-Mensah to play together (alongside Dann). All very fine in theory, and no doubt it has worked in Holland, where the type of football played in their first division is entirely different to our own.

What he didn't understand was that Jairo (and Fosu-Mensah) will never be strong enough to play in the centre of a defence in the English Prem, where they meet a more physical and aggressive style of forward. He learned it after the first match and never played either of them in that position again - Jairo was retained, but played as a full back.

Jairo does pass the pall intelligently, and there may be a position he can fill in time. But it will never be in the back four

KP'S Nuts 23-06-2019 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hart (Post 14798853)
De Boer clearly had a view as to how he wanted the team to play, with three central defenders who can launch attacks out of defence. So for that first match he picked Jairo and Fosu-Mensah to play together (alongside Dann). All very fine in theory, and no doubt it has worked in Holland, where the type of football played in their first division is entirely different to our own.

What he didn't understand was that Jairo (and Fosu-Mensah) will never be strong enough to play in the centre of a defence in the English Prem, where they meet a more physical and aggressive style of forward. He learned it after the first match and never played either of them in that position again - Jairo was retained, but played as a full back.

Jairo does pass the pall intelligently, and there may be a position he can fill in time. But it will never be in the back four

And fosu-Mensah was voted the worst signing (be it onloan) by Fulham fans in a relegated team so not a great help for anyone just starting out in the prem.

MonsterMunch 24-06-2019 08:05 AM

In fairness to Jairo from day one its not worked for him. Poor lad was getting booed on his debut against Huddersfield. Probably more so his continual backwards passes but anyway must have thought what the hells going on. Has looked average to me. Steady but not strong enough and no real drive. I feel for him a bit, as much as you can for a premier league footballer as he just has not been given a fair crack. He didnt make a single PL appearance last season. Theres either more to it or hes just another Sorloth. Not good enough for the premier league.

mushroom 24-06-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The12thman (Post 14798848)
I canít put my finger on it but donít think heís the right fit for our team. He must be a bit talented to have played for Ajax and worked his way through the ranks to get in the Dutch national team at that time but somethings not right.

However, despite seeming promising, itís all gone a bit wrong and he may be suffering from lack of confidence, perhaps also canít be assed/become a-bit casual, rather than pushing himself to get in the first team reckoning and is happy to stroll about and pick up his wages.

Lewington said he doesnít do enough off the ball in the under 23s and off the ball isnít busy enough.

I donít think heíll ever make it here and will be sold on for £5m or so in the next season or so and is another weíll take a hit on sadly.

He wants to be a quarterback style def midfielder. RH likes his players to work hard, with and without the ball, JR wonít or canít put in the dirty side of the game. I hope he sorts himself out... because if he can become more dynamic... there is defo a player in there.

PauLo 24-06-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 14798650)

:D Must spread rep...

IronMaidenCPFC 24-06-2019 08:18 AM

presume he will be playing most pre season matches so will be interesting to see how he plays when given minutes (They wouldn't risk a player not being match fit)

BillyTKid 24-06-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaidenCPFC (Post 14798936)
presume he will be playing most pre season matches so will be interesting to see how he plays when given minutes (They wouldn't risk a player not being match fit)

I think the condition he comes back in and the intensity of his play in pre season will tell us a lot about the player. He definitely canít afford a repeat of last season. Not a single league appearance is throwing his career away.

prizesucker 24-06-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaidenCPFC (Post 14798936)

Not if he signs for Besiktas (or a.n.other) before then...it is pretty clear the club wants him to leave as the managerial staff do not rate him.

Percy Dalton 24-06-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_C-Pal (Post 14798623)
Let's face it buying young players isn't really the palace style, we like overpaid journeyman. When was the last time we brought in a young talented player and it actually worked out? Probably Ward and that's about it.

Max Myer has been very good addition to the squad and will blossom in the coming season.

Its a simple fact that to establish ourselves as long term members of the premier league we have had to lean towards experienced players to achieve our long term aims. However as time progresses we can take a few more chances not only on young players coming to the club, but academy players stepping up as well. IMHO the club has gone about the last 6 seasons very well overall.

Sir.S.C Remembered 13-07-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Percy Dalton (Post 14800041)
Max Myer has been very good addition to the squad and will blossom in the coming season.

Its a simple fact that to establish ourselves as long term members of the premier league we have had to lean towards experienced players to achieve our long term aims. However as time progresses we can take a few more chances not only on young players coming to the club, but academy players stepping up as well. IMHO the club has gone about the last 6 seasons very well overall.

Max has stolen a living so far. Done nothing. If he was a youngster after that season he would have been written off a long time ago. I hope he comes good, but heís miles from blossoming so far.

Harry Holmesdale 13-07-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered (Post 14821644)
Max has stolen a living so far. Done nothing. If he was a youngster after that season he would have been written off a long time ago. I hope he comes good, but heís miles from blossoming so far.

No.. Johnny Williams stole a living as a Palace player cos he was a nice bloke and showed promise at 19

TennesseeKing 13-07-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Dear oh dear.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 13-07-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Ridiculous post.

chateauferret 13-07-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Complete and utter bollocks.

Thefunkymonk 13-07-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

You need to stop drinking mate

Nigel_Scarfer 13-07-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Is this the sort of bollocks one could expect to hear on your "critical and thinking podcast"?

dan27 13-07-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Incredible take!

chrisophiex 14-07-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer (Post 14821729)
Is this the sort of bollocks one could expect to hear on your "critical and thinking podcast"?

:D

kolinkins 15-07-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Given your view of Wilf a couple of years ago, this is a great sign.

Big Blue Eagle 15-07-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer (Post 14821729)

Must be a world of wonderful insights on there.....

jaspercpfc 15-07-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Farcical post Steffan

Latvian Eagle 15-07-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaspercpfc (Post 14823207)
Farcical post Steffan

I remember when Stef was a young upbeat poster. :D

ebyeeckeagle 15-07-2019 10:02 AM

The BBS united for once!

About a player on the wrong thread, which is par for the course of course.

west country boy 15-07-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14823212)
I remember when Stef was a young upbeat poster. :D

And doing racisms.

kolinkins 15-07-2019 10:44 AM

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=463

Gollum 02-09-2019 09:35 AM

Loan deal to German Bundesliga team Paderborn being suggested.

glaziers fan 02-09-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins (Post 14823258)

That's a really ***** thing to do.

I know I could embarrass you on a lot of the things you wrote about individual players back in the day, but choose not to. (You could probably do the same to me with my outlandish suggestions for team tactics!) The point is Steffan is one of us: he's been posting on the BBS for a long time, and is entitled to his opinion.

And also, whilst I don't agree with his post, Max Meyer is the BBS darling because he is technically gifted - we don't have many of those in the midfield! - and the purists like to see that at their club. But if we are all being brutally honest, it hasn't worked for Meyer yet, he's not a starter under Hodgson who sees the player week in week out in training and his wages are high. He is also unlikely to be a first XI starter for a while. That said we didn't pay such a big transfer fee as we did for the likes of Riedewald and Sorloth and there have been some green shoots in the last 6 months or so. The jury are definitely still deliberating. Hopefully with the switch to 4-3-3 his performances will improve, but we don't know and if they don't it may be best for all concerned that he moves on in the summer.

Edit: only just realised that post on Meyer was from July. How things change so quickly! Original point remains though.

glaziers fan 02-09-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14904962)

Good to get this thread back on track!

Let's hope so, he's not in Roy's plans. Just wish we could sell him permanently.

mushroom 02-09-2019 09:57 AM

Opinions on players will change as their performances/form change. Iíve got no problem with people voicing their opinions... as long as they do without being insulting. I thought Delaney was gonna be a disaster when we got promoted. I couldnít have been more wrong. I was certain David Whyte would play for England. If posters are gonna be continually reminded of the ones they got wrong... no-one will post.

glaziers fan 02-09-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14904984)
Opinions on players will change as their performances/form change. Iíve got no problem with people voicing their opinions... as long as they do without being insulting. I thought Delaney was gonna be a disaster when we got promoted. I couldnít have been more wrong. I was certain David Whyte would play for England. If posters are gonna be continually reminded of the ones they got wrong... no-one will post.

well said :p

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollum (Post 14904962)

Really hope we can ship him out even if its just temporary. He needs a move too, he has been letting his career pass him by due to turning down previous moves.

RisZero 02-09-2019 10:34 AM

Season long loan, no option to buy according to Woosie and The Athletic

GreatGonzo 02-09-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14904997)
Really hope we can ship him out even if its just temporary. He needs a move too, he has been letting his career pass him by due to turning down previous moves.

Was only ever going to play in the League cup this side of Christmas so needs to move at least temporarily.

I think he will look a better player in another league, the pace of the PL is an issue that will not change for him.

SussexRed&Blue 02-09-2019 10:53 AM

He needs to go out and play games think he could be good with a regular run of matches but just seems to have lost his way a bit. Still young and still can have a good career.

Remember the game he played v Man City during the 0-0 draw when we nearly ended their unbeaten run. Was very impressive that day.

Be interesting to see how he does if he goes to Paderborn on loan.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14905039)
Was only ever going to play in the League cup this side of Christmas so needs to move at least temporarily.

I think he will look a better player in another league, the pace of the PL is an issue that will not change for him.

I agree. As soon as he made his debut against Huddersfield, he immediately looked like he didn't look like he has the physical attributes to succeed in the Premier League.

regal_eagle 02-09-2019 11:10 AM

Jairo needs to pull his thumb out and play some football.

Johan Cruyff's guinea pig and Frank de Boer's protťgť?! For someone with obvious potential, those are some big names to be dragging down!

Go and play football, score some goals and prove your worth to us lad!

Timbo 02-09-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Just for the record I agree that MM has been ineffective

The point about our own young players has some merit too

Reidewald also ineffective but receives less 1st team opportunity

Blackson 02-09-2019 12:51 PM

just seen this: https://www.kicker.de/4000000031779/...ld_soll_kommen

Sign him up: He's a perfect fit to destroy this club for I cherish a long standing tradition of disliking this lot.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 14905079)
Just for the record I agree that MM has been ineffective

The point about our own young players has some merit too

Reidewald also ineffective but receives less 1st team opportunity

He is not as good as Max and has had done far less. He gets fewer opportunities because he deserves fewer opportunities.

RisZero 02-09-2019 07:24 PM

Loan is now off apparently

cpfcfan1 02-09-2019 07:37 PM

Jordan mutch mk11

BillyTKid 02-09-2019 07:42 PM

What a waste of a career. How can we not get this guy a decent loan? He has a serious CV. We should just pay his wages if necessary. We are destroying any chance of getting a transfer fee fir him.

thereichstuff 02-09-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 14905603)
What a waste of a career. How can we not get this guy a decent loan? He has a serious CV. We should just pay his wages if necessary. We are destroying any chance of getting a transfer fee fir him.

It could be him saying no . He turned down Swansea last season iirc .

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisZero (Post 14905588)
Loan is now off apparently

What a surprise!! At least Mutch agreed to loans elsewhere. Jairo has supposedly turned down at least 2 moves elsewhere in the past so he can continue to play in our U23s. Maybe this time it wasn't down to him but his history means I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

He has turned down at least 2 moves before now. One loan he was reported to have rejected because he wasn't guaranteed to be in their starting 11. If that was true then he obviously prefers taking it easy in our Under 23s to fighting to prove he deserves to play first team football.

We got rid of FDB quickly enough but unfortunately he left us with a waste of a football player. Thank god we didn't let him sign any more of his players.

chateauferret 02-09-2019 08:03 PM

We got knocked out of the League Cup and he was totally toilet. No chance of a game here after that disgraceful performance so WTF is he still doing here? Sitting on his arse doing nothing.

Nice work if you can get it. FFS.

cockles 02-09-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Last year he turned down the loan move set up for him.
Why do you assume the club is at fault this time?

Worse than Mutch. Indeed. We can't blame Pardew for Riedewald.

Hazbaz 02-09-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14905634)
We got knocked out of the League Cup and he was totally toilet. No chance of a game here after that disgraceful performance so WTF is he still doing here? Sitting on his arse doing nothing.

Nice work if you can get it. FFS.

Iíve said it before but here it is again, itís a waste of 50k per week, if we had let him go in the summer for free it would have been worth it as heís got a contract that runs until June 2022.. Thatís 7.5m down the drain and to be fair what would we ever get for him? Offer him back to Ajax free of charge at least heís off our payroll

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 02-09-2019 08:18 PM

Never looks like he can be arsed when the U23 games are streamed either.