CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jairo Riedewald (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271278)

Zohar's Penalty 24-10-2017 11:10 PM

He looks like a ******* pussy to me. You could see that when he ducked out of a header after 30 minutes against Huddersfield

Danny boy 24-10-2017 11:18 PM

Kelly was far worse

Braders 24-10-2017 11:40 PM

The way it is going is he worth trying at LB? I havent seen enough of him to know but I am sure I read somewhere that he can play there? We certainly need to replace PvA.

bubbs11 24-10-2017 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braders (Post 13910892)
The way it is going is he worth trying at LB? I havent seen enough of him to know but I am sure I read somewhere that he can play there? We certainly need to replace PvA.

I think he played there in the Europa Final last season...

...when he gifted Man U their opener.

Timbo 25-10-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13910721)
'No real strengths'. His passing and vision is excellent. And if you can't see that then you're just choosing what you see.

What's concerning is his not jumping for headers/general toughness. But that can come with age. People need to remember he's still very young. I don't see people saying the same about Kaikai

How much did we pay for Kai Kai?

£10m for a prospect seems like a poor gamble

Popester 25-10-2017 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 13910896)
I think he played there in the Europa Final last season...

...when he gifted Man U their opener.

From a throw in. Only the most unforgiving of football fans would hold that against him.

Popester 25-10-2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 13910947)

No one would pay more than £1m for Kai Ka at the mo. There's a reason for the price differential.

Little Fozzie 25-10-2017 01:43 AM

Quote:

You wont get a young prospect for much cheaper than that! Though i do agree the money could have been better spent elsewhere, assuming money available was the issue, and not just incompetence.

Timbo 25-10-2017 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13910963)
You wont get a young prospect for much cheaper than that! Though i do agree the money could have been better spent elsewhere, assuming money available was the issue, and not just incompetence.

In fairness I have hardly seen the bloke play but from what I read is he really any much better than some of the lower league prospects, who are much cheaper?

Timbo 25-10-2017 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popester (Post 13910961)
No one would pay more than £1m for Kai Ka at the mo. There's a reason for the price differential.

How much more than that £1m might Jairo be worth in January if he continues on his present career trajectory?

Maybe we overpaid?

Mr Palace 25-10-2017 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceSi (Post 13910844)
I'm afraid he was a ridiculous signing. Not strong or tall enough to play at the back, way down the pecking order of central midfielders or a 4th choice left back and cost 8M when we have no number 10 and only one number 9 and a desperate need for a quality keeper. It was a ludicrous waste of money when we so needed to strengthen in other areas, it really does defy belief.

Yep. Although I think Riedewald has potential and is technically good this was a vanity signing from the arrogant de Boer. That tosser must be laughing with his multi million pound pay off for ******* us over.

BBK 25-10-2017 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 13910995)
How much more than that £1m might Jairo be worth in January if he continues on his present career trajectory?

Maybe we overpaid?

He wasn't 10m to begin with anyway.

cpfcben 25-10-2017 06:25 AM

Great one touch first time passing. Question marks over whether he can do the more ugly physical side of the game. Certainly at fault for the fourth goal.

elgin eagle 25-10-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13910710)
Apologies. I was obviously muddling up two different posts/ thought you were replying to a different one than you were :D

No problem mate. Maybe in a perverse way it will help Roy to sort this mess out now he can see he is a workable squad of 14 to 16 players at best. Too many of the rest have no fight or character, or simply can't be arsed once we go behind. Need to get them out the club and replace with fighters. Maybe that in turn will help players like Riedewald. Big January coming up if we aren't marooned, you feel.

red&blue_moomin 25-10-2017 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13911022)
Yep. Although I think Riedewald has potential and is technically good this was a vanity signing from the arrogant de Boer. That tosser must be laughing with his multi million pound pay off for ******* us over.

Or we could just keep buying older midfielders who also turn out to be shit. He's young the technical ability and potential is why we signed him. That's something SP wants. If the club can take wilf who was spindly as hell and bulk him up then the same can be done with Jairo. We have cabaye and mcarthur out of contract in the summer, ledley and flamini are already gone mutch should be gone. IF the club can sort his strength out (given his age that's for sure) then we might have a ready made mutch replacement who can contribute by backing luka up.

Neckinger Eagle 25-10-2017 07:06 AM

I don't think I've seen enough of him to form an proper opinion. You can't really take anything from the De Boer games because, well of De Boer. Since then he's only played sporadically and not in a fixed position.

I didn't watch the game yesterday so I don't know if he was poor or not beyond what I have seen here.

My gut feeling is, though, is at his age he's no better or worse than the better players coming out of the Academy. He's in no way an automatic pick. In which case, why did we pay so much money for him when there were other positions that needed fixing?

If he was an Academy player, he'd be on the cusp of being loaned out to a Championship club but because we paid good money for him he seems to be getting a free pass? I dunno.

Yoda 25-10-2017 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13911080)
Or we could just keep buying older midfielders who also turn out to be shit. He's young the technical ability and potential is why we signed him. That's something SP wants. If the club can take wilf who was spindly as hell and bulk him up then the same can be done with Jairo. We have cabaye and mcarthur out of contract in the summer, ledley and flamini are already gone mutch should be gone. IF the club can sort his strength out (given his age that's for sure) then we might have a ready made mutch replacement who can contribute by backing luka up.

Wilf was always keen and eager, giving it a go. He also had speed.

But whilst I agree that Jairo could become physically stronger, itís his mental attitude that I question more.

He was sometimes a rabbit in the headlights against Huddersfield, but one could write that off as nerves/lack of experience/first Prem match.

Yesterday was a Championship level match, a perfect opportunity for him to stand out.

He has age on his side and a great CV, so I believe we could still recoup his transfer fee in January and spend that money better. His agent can easily spin to other clubs that the guy hasnít settled at Palace.

Billy Rhino 25-10-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13911080)

Wilf's strength is his strength

red&blue_moomin 25-10-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13911114)
Wilf was always keen and eager, giving it a go. He also had speed.

But whilst I agree that Jairo could become physically stronger, itís his mental attitude that I question more.

He was sometimes a rabbit in the headlights against Huddersfield, but one could write that off as nerves/lack of experience/first Prem match.

Yesterday was a Championship level match, a perfect opportunity for him to stand out.

He has age on his side and a great CV, so I believe we could still recoup his transfer fee in January and spend that money better. His agent can easily spin to other clubs that the guy hasnít settled at Palace.

Or we could develop him. He's been used off the bench now which is appropriate let's not forget he had punch next to him not luka or cable or jimmy. He's clearly not a starter when we hoped he would be but we can clearly do something with him.

Billy Rhino 25-10-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Palace (Post 13911022)

So is the consensus here that Parish should've got involved and prevented this signing, as its pretty clear he had nothing to do with it other than sign the cheque?

cockles 25-10-2017 07:40 AM

Amazing that there are still people who rate this guy as a player.

Amazing that the club use terms such as "due diligence" when making signings.
In any real business, heads would roll for a mistake like this.

Yoda 25-10-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin (Post 13911120)
Or we could develop him. He's been used off the bench now which is appropriate let's not forget he had punch next to him not luka or cable or jimmy. He's clearly not a starter when we hoped he would be but we can clearly do something with him.

When we are adrift in the Prem, lacking strikers and needing more mental strength, developing Jairo doesnít seem a priority to me. We need emergency rescue.

If he played with passion but his skill was lacking, then one could argue heíd be useful in either league. So yes, heíd be one for the future we could develop. My gut says he isnít.

Having Punch beside him doesnít exonerate poor effort. Indeed there was one incident when Punch fought well to win the ball, passed it to Jairo who just fired it back at him before heíd recovered his balance and still had City players snapping at him. Jairo should have taken responsibility to move the ball elsewhere, but lazily dumped the ball back on Punch to deal with.

BillyTKid 25-10-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13911159)

We are just not the right club for him. We are a mess and constantly fighting fires. He obviously has a solid pedigree and played in a team that got the the Europa final. If he had gone somewhere like Southampton he would probably turn into a solid premier league player in a season or two.

cockles 25-10-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTKid (Post 13911175)
We are just not the right club for him. We are a mess and constantly fighting fires. He obviously has a solid pedigree and played in a team that got the the Europa final. If he had gone somewhere like Southampton he would probably turn into a solid premier league player in a season or two.

The modern Southampton would not have signed this guy. They have scouts who can do their job.

Se9 eagles 25-10-2017 08:14 AM

Weak.Like an immature teenager....

GreatGonzo 25-10-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Erm........

Stellavista 25-10-2017 09:07 AM

Whether he has the potential to develop or not, 9m€ for a young player from one of the weakest leagues in Europe was ridiculous. I asssume his purchase was a sweetener for FDB, at a point where Parish had not yet realised what a shocking management appointment he'd made.

Tim 25-10-2017 09:19 AM

He was supposed to be ready now with experience of playing in Europe. Him & PVA were a disgrace last night. Hopefully we can mug some Dutch team off in Jan & get some money back.

WorthingEagle 25-10-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 13911360)
He was supposed to be ready now with experience of playing in Europe. Him & PVA were a disgrace last night. Hopefully we can mug some Dutch team off in Jan & get some money back.

Questionable whether they would pay money for a technically good but raw, physically weak youngster when their academies are full of them?

Penstone Eagle 25-10-2017 11:48 AM

Great assist for the 4th goal.

Stellavista 25-10-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 13911360)

Apparently Ajax fans couldn't believed we stumped up so much money for him. Expect we will take a proper rinsing on any re-sale. We must be getting a reputation as a soft touch on transfer fees and wages. Maybe it's the only way we can attract players to our basket case of a club?

The Vicar 25-10-2017 01:17 PM

Yes, he is a work in progress, but I am hopeful he will prove very useful over time.

Incoming...

davemorris04 25-10-2017 06:09 PM

Absolute toilet, a signing who sums up the total disaster of a summer we had.

cpfcben 25-10-2017 06:20 PM

Brilliant at short one touch passing. Jury is out if he can mix it physically.

Martin H 25-10-2017 06:26 PM

Funny how we all see and appreciate different things. I think he looks like he will be a class player and is already showing some good stuff. The mistake for the goal was a dumb mistake but he had an excellent first half.

Mad Raschic Ken 25-10-2017 06:27 PM

I know we paid good money for him, but that's done now, so putting that aside can he be a success? It seems to me that he's only young and if he had come through our academy we would be raving about him and wanting him to be given opportunities. He's certainly got to get used to the physical nature and speed of the game over here, but I hope we stick with him because I think he's got something and will be a very good player in years to come.

Mr Palace 25-10-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13912229)
Funny how we all see and appreciate different things. I think he looks like he will be a class player and is already showing some good stuff. The mistake for the goal was a dumb mistake but he had an excellent first half.

I think there is a lot of potential there and it's harsh for him to be written off. I think he'll come good but he needs to improve physically.

917L 25-10-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Class?

He looks abosolute!y out of his depth

Jim Cannons Moustache 25-10-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 13912235)
Class?

So far in the games I've seen he has shat his pants against Huddersfield, passed it straight into touch a few times v Burnley and done a Jeff Hughes impression against Bristol Ciry.

I can just about stretch to "potential" but "class" and "outstanding technical ability" on the evidence so far is la-la-land wishful thinking to an incredible degree.

dim 25-10-2017 07:04 PM

Ducks out of headers.

16eagles 25-10-2017 07:26 PM

Been watching Jairo very closely. He has an awareness of a Cabaye about him and is very good positional and off the ball. Roy will only play him when the mentioned is unavailable. Having all this at such a strong age is rare. I agree at the moment he is ducking out of things though, 2nd goal v Hudd was worst for me. Also he is struggling with the pace of English football.
As most of you should no this gets better with time, lots go through this, he’s 21 and if he gets to speed we could have a seriously valuable player on our hands in future IMO

I would like to think his aim should be to replace Cabaye next season.

Jim Cannon 25-10-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vicar (Post 13911755)
Yes, he is a work in progress, but I am hopeful he will prove very useful over time.

Incoming...

He won't be around long enough. He probably asks his agent every day to find him a new club

SussexRed&Blue 25-10-2017 07:35 PM

He certainly doesn't look like a defender and more of a midfielder with a good pass on him.

You can't have a player who plays in central defence who can't get off the ground and head the ball!

Not sure what De Boer was thinking playing him there for the Huddersfield game. The English Premier League is a big more of a physical than playing for Ajax in the Dutch Eredivisie!

cockles 25-10-2017 07:39 PM

Ask Bristol City's players what they think about Jairo Riedewald having "class" and 'culture'. I'm sure they'd enjoy that.

Glɑzier 25-10-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 13912320)
Been watching Jairo very closely. He has an awareness of a Cabaye about him and is very good positional and off the ball. Roy will only play him when the mentioned is unavailable. Having all this at such a strong age is rare. I agree at the moment he is ducking out of things though, 2nd goal v Hudd was worst for me. Also he is struggling with the pace of English football.
As most of you should no this gets better with time, lots go through this, heís 21 and if he gets to speed we could have a seriously valuable player on our hands in future IMO

Agree 100%, hope Roy has the vision to blood him in gradually, otherwise we do probably lose him.

Kai 25-10-2017 07:43 PM

His passes actually finds a teammate more often than not. I think he has great potential

Martin H 25-10-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 917L (Post 13912235)
Class?

As I said, itís funny how differently we see things.

Martin H 25-10-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 13912338)
You can't have a player who plays in central defence who can't get off the ground and head the ball......!

Genuinely made me LOL. Have you watched us defend corners lately? We have a whole bunch of defenders and keeper that donít jump and a DM that seems to have given up jumping altogether wherever he is. We donít even have a striker left to jump. Itís a joke.

Re Jairo, he isnít playing CB and has only played there in that first game and so I donít think we even know how good he is there. My comments are based on his performances so far in midfield which is where I think itís more likely where he will play.

SussexRed&Blue 25-10-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13912545)
Genuinely made me LOL. Have you watched us defend corners lately? We have a whole bunch of defenders and keeper that donít jump and a DM that seems to have given up jumping altogether wherever he is. We donít even have a striker left to jump. Itís a joke.

Re Jairo, he isnít playing CB and has only played there in that first game and so I donít think we even know how good he is there. My comments are based on his performances so far in midfield which is where I think itís more likely where he will play.

Maybe Roy needs to get them jumping up and down to increase leg strength?!

We always seem to struggle at defending set pieces although Tony Pulis seemed to be able to sort that out.

As for Jairo i think he has a lot of potential as a midfielder and great passer of the ball. Maybe he needs to get on the weights though to build up his strength?!

TheCharmer1 25-10-2017 09:37 PM

I bet he canít wait to leave. Walked into a shit storm. Gone by the start of next season

Sp1Eagle 25-10-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Riedewald will be a regular for us next season. Give him a chance.

cantspell 25-10-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

I am with you on this one

4 cryingOutloud 25-10-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling (Post 13910208)
he was going to turn us into the new ajax

The foaming cleanser maybe? In fairness, he was a DeBoer buy.

4 cryingOutloud 25-10-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache (Post 13910735)
Passing and vision??
Jeez he's shown nothing of the sort.
Literally nothing . Name one pass of note ??
If that's what 10m buys you we really should give up.

Second time you've got that wrong. He cost 9mil and yes, 1mil does make a difference.

Spindle 25-10-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16eagles (Post 13912320)
As most of you should no this gets better with time, lots go through this, heís 21 and if he gets to speed we could have a seriously valuable player on our hands in future IMO

I agree, he's a tidy player, there is a player in him for sure.

Spindle 25-10-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 13912345)
Ask Bristol City's players what they think about Jairo Riedewald having "class" and 'culture'. I'm sure they'd enjoy that.

How many of them would be a regular in an Ajax side?

Maiden Eagle 25-10-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle (Post 13912581)
Riedewald will be a regular for us next season. Give him a chance.

I suppose that depends if he fancies playing in the C'Ship ?

Spindle 25-10-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Kai Kai will not make it as a Premier League player. Too slow and weak on the ball, makes mistakes in passing regularly. He has a song with the fans despite having done nothing at all in his brief cup appearances. He's 22 and hasn't broken through. If we aren't relegated he will go for nowt.

Reidewald is 19 and looks like he could handle it if he continues his development path.

hughff 25-10-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 13912634)
Reidewald is 19 and looks like he could handle it if he continues his development path.

This is key. He's still so young and he will get better. You can't expect him to come in a look like a ten-year pro.

Sp1Eagle 26-10-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 13912634)

He's 21 but the point is spot on. Takes time to adapt to a new league.

Excowboy 26-10-2017 09:41 AM

Interesting thread. Really hard to predict what'll happen with Jairo - could develop physically, learn the dark arts of the defensive midfielder and become the new de Jong, could equally fade into obscurity and end up going back to Holland on a free in a few years.

Suppose it depends a lot on his personality and desire. Doesn't look good at the moment but hopefully he just needs a bit more confidence and familiarity with the competitiveness of this league.

Spindle 26-10-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle (Post 13912662)
He's 21 but the point is spot on. Takes time to adapt to a new league.

I stand corrected, I thought he was 19. Still he is streets ahead of Sully Kai Kai. Don't get me wrong, I want us to produce a team of youth superstars but players like Wilf are once a generation, good players who can hack it are once every 10 years. We only had the surge of players come through a 15 years ago because we had to play so many of them in the Championship, and we spent a lot of time struggling. Mullins, Routledge, VicMo etc so they really had a chance to develop but it was definitely at our expense.

By staying up Jairo won't be leaving, and he's a junior player, I don't expect him to grip the rest of the team by the neck and drag them through a shit second half. If the others had put in the necessary effort to play as an aggressive unit I'm sure he would've too. From what I've seen I think he'll come good.

Kirby 26-10-2017 10:15 AM

He's looked awful in at least a couple of our games this season but I do think he has the raw attributes to become a good player.

Agree with others who say he could become a decent DM. I don't think he'll ever succeed as a CB in this country due to his lack of height.

the digger 26-10-2017 10:27 AM

He and TFM looked very good when they came on versus Chelsea and performed their roles perfectly. We can’t expect players this young (and inexperienced) to be the leaders that the team so badly needs. Same goes for RLC.

Green Bin 26-10-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue (Post 13912338)
He certainly doesn't look like a defender and more of a midfielder with a good pass on him.

You can't have a player who plays in central defence who can't get off the ground and head the ball!

Not sure what De Boer was thinking playing him there for the Huddersfield game. The English Premier League is a big more of a physical than playing for Ajax in the Dutch Eredivisie!

That was Delaney last year!

Big Fella 26-10-2017 12:26 PM

He'll be gone in January. Just a hunch but doesn't look like he's settled in and we'll need gaps in the 25.

red&blue_moomin 26-10-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache (Post 13912282)
So far in the games I've seen he has shat his pants against Huddersfield, passed it straight into touch a few times v Burnley and done a Jeff Hughes impression against Bristol Ciry.

I can just about stretch to "potential" but "class" and "outstanding technical ability" on the evidence so far is la-la-land wishful thinking to an incredible degree.

So basically against cloggers. He's been playing in the UK for 3 months he's going to take time to get used to the pace of the game in the UK plus the fact that most teams in the UK play with monster athletes who can't pass a ball for shit but will rough up the opposition and make it difficult. We should know we have a lot of them almost an entire 2nd 11 of them (it only works for so long until teams suss you out then pull your pants down on the regular) and they are to a man ******* shit.

How can you judge a young players performance when he's been playing with a useless bunch of gutless wonders? I'd be coating our senior pros some of whom have a habit of going crying to daddy when someone gives them some home truths. Four managers now and the same large bunch of players have been shite bar the 8 match run before Sakho got injured.

Surrey Eagle 26-11-2017 03:31 PM

What a waste...

Gazza2 26-11-2017 03:34 PM

Yep Palace will cash their Jairo in January

Tim 26-11-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrey Eagle (Post 13959566)
What a waste...

More deadwood that weíre now stuck with. Weíre desperate for a clearout of squad fillers that just arenít going to contribute anything.

Surrey Eagle 26-11-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 13959572)
More deadwood that weíre now stuck with. Weíre desperate for a clearout of squad fillers that just arenít going to contribute anything.

Just imagine how he's feeling aswell. He plays for u23s and is wasting his time. Should of stayed at Ajax.

Thefunkymonk 26-11-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Thing is he isnít dead wood. He was one of most highly thought of young players in Europe. Issue is heís young, prob best playing deep midelfied and we are in a scrap. Would definitely keep him.. could be ideal replacement for cabaye if he goes next season

thereichstuff 26-11-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

How is he deadwood ?

Martin H 26-11-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 13959589)
Thing is he isnít dead wood. He was one of most highly thought of young players in Europe. Issue is heís young, prob best playing deep midelfied and we are in a scrap. Would definitely keep him.. could be ideal replacement for cabaye if he goes next season

Yeah, I am far closer to this than the other opinions. He looks like he has something about him but I have to assume that his disappearance from the front line means he isn't in contention right now. TBH I have no idea why Fosu-Mensah isn't playing either.

I don't understand why so many turn so quickly against players, especially the younger ones.

CPFC85 26-11-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Would probably benefit from a spell on loan.

CP-RJW 26-11-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC85 (Post 13959610)
Would probably benefit from a spell on loan.

Will have to be in the championship as he needs to get used to English football. Not sure how well he’d handle the rough and tumble but if he can’t take it then he isn’t going to make it at Palace anyway.

steveholmesdale 26-11-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza2 (Post 13959570)
Yep Palace will cash their Jairo in January

:supergrin::supergrin:

kolinkins 26-11-2017 04:12 PM

Should be our left back

Pierre 26-11-2017 04:18 PM

The championship is rougher than the premiership when it comes to scrapping and tussling.
I don't think Riedewald is dead wood and could be a good player for us in the future but I agree he would probably benefit from a spell out on loan there with the right sort of manager and set up trying to adjust.
Being Dutch would Jaap Stam take him at Reading?

Mictor Voses 26-11-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins (Post 13959639)
Should be our left back

Eh? Schlupp was excellent yesterday and was good the two games before that.

exiledeagle 26-11-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Thing is he isn’t dead wood. He was one of most highly thought of young players in Europe. Issue is he’s young, prob best playing deep midelfied and we are in a scrap. Would definitely keep him.. could be ideal replacement for cabaye if he goes next season

I would like to see him given opportunity but it looks like RH does not think he is good enough . Not sure I agree with your comment in that he was one of the most highly thought of players in Europe though - did he struggle to get regular starts for Ajax last season ?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 26-11-2017 04:27 PM

Spending £9m on him yet starting our season with 2 keepers who are out of their depth at this level and 1 fit striker really emphasises what a disaster our transfer window was.

kolinkins 26-11-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mictor Voses (Post 13959649)

Thatís fair.

Tim 26-11-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thereichstuff (Post 13959590)
How is he deadwood ?

Whatís he contributing to our season? Therein lies your answer..

Kidofwonder 26-11-2017 04:43 PM

The powers that be at Palace didnt want JR or TFM

Celestial Empire 26-11-2017 04:46 PM

Riedewald and Fosu-Mensah will both get opportunities in the Christmas period when RH will need to rotate. Expect to see Sako reappear too.
Any sign of Darren Anderto... sorry, I mean Wickham ?? :rolleyes:

Penstone Eagle 26-11-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mictor Voses (Post 13959649)

Excellent? Really?

Not aware enough of what's around him a lot of the time.

Left back position at this club is a weak one, and for too long.

CP-RJW 26-11-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 13959647)
The championship is rougher than the premiership when it comes to scrapping and tussling.

Canít send him on loan to another Prem team as he clearly isnít ready, and I donít see any other league in Europe which has a similar style to English football whilst being of a reasonable standard.

Yoda 26-11-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 13959607)
Yeah, I am far closer to this than the other opinions. He looks like he has something about him but I have to assume that his disappearance from the front line means he isn't in contention right now. TBH I have no idea why Fosu-Mensah isn't playing either.

I don't understand why so many turn so quickly against players, especially the younger ones.

I thought Jairo was pretty poor in his last couple of matches, like a rabbit in the highlights for some time.

However, I agree that there were a number of extenuating circumstances during that period and Iíd certainly give the guy more time to adjust and more chances.

Itís too early to describe him as Ďdead woodí in my opinion...he could come in at Xmas and do well.

If heís still out the squad come the end of the season, sell then. Iíd only sell him in January if heís not fighting for his place or wants to return to Holland.

Tim 26-11-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 13959693)
The powers that be at Palace didnt want JR or TFM

TFM looks like a talented young player to me. Jairo just looks bang average. If he goes onto be one of Europeís top players Iíll happily eat humble pie but I seriously doubt it.

CPFC85 26-11-2017 05:06 PM

'Deadwood' after 4 or 5 months......jeez :rolleyes:

eagleborn 26-11-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 13959725)
TFM looks like a talented young player to me. Jairo just looks bang average. If he goes onto be one of Europeís top players Iíll happily eat humble pie but I seriously doubt it.

You don't have to be one of Europe's top players to play for Palace though. So you're setting a bit of a ridiculously high bar there.

Frisky 26-11-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestial Empire (Post 13959702)
Any sign of Darren Anderto... sorry, I mean Wickham ?? :rolleyes:

Roy was asked about him at the Stoke press conference. Good to see a reporter ask a decent question for once. Roy said there was no expected return date and reminded the reporter that the injury was a bad one (a ruptured ACL I think like Bolasie?). He did however add that the latest news was better than previous.

Mr Palace 26-11-2017 08:19 PM

We should definitely keep him. He's clearly got a lot of technical ability. But I can see why Hodgson is opting for more experienced players at the moment. I think Riedewald will come good though.

Despite this, given the gaps in our squad this summer it wasn't a wise use of limited resources.

CharlieCPFC 26-11-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolinkins (Post 13959639)
Should be our left back

Schlupp has been alright recently but I've always thought this was a great shout. He done it for Ajax comfortably, people forget he's still very young so he will develop a lot more. He's four years younger than Zaha!

MFBias 26-11-2017 08:42 PM

Not every one is a hit in their first season, especially when you are moving country to a different type of league and the manager that signed you is sacked after 4 games, and you are in a relegation scrap.

jaspercpfc 31-12-2017 03:47 PM

Looked very comfortable. Good battling performance, and steady distribution.

BillyTKid 31-12-2017 03:50 PM

He has only just turned 21. Let that sink in. He will clearly become a very good player. If he had come through our academy everyone would be going mad for him.

Alex De Large 31-12-2017 03:52 PM

He played well today. Looked a little slow at times but his passing was pretty good.

Aki Aki Aki 31-12-2017 04:04 PM

Very good today :p