CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Music Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Crystal Palace guitars (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254722)

Stellavista 11-05-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 15781252)
Itís the P/J model with volume/blend; active EQ; mid range and sweep. Currently I only have a Fender practice amp so not a fair test, but I can get a lovely retro sound and a real twang/funky sound, but havenít found a mid point yet. The EQ seems just a touch too sensitive. However, I think that this is more due to the limitations of the amp.

It plays really well. I have a Sire V& with flats and I thought that played well, but the Overwater is much better even with roundwounds.

I'm selling a TC Toneprint bass combo, if you're interested? :)
I use a Trace Elliot head with a Mesa Boogie cab. Both 80s.

AJ 11-05-2021 12:49 PM

I have been using a couple of jojo amp simulated pedals at the end of my pedals to record my guitar and I have to say I am quite impressed. I have the Vox, Fender and Marshall models and I am not so fond on the Marshall, but the Vox and Fender ones are better sounding than my solid state fender amps. Also no issues with loudness :)

Robin 11-05-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15781306)
I'm selling a TC Toneprint bass combo, if you're interested? :)
I use a Trace Elliot head with a Mesa Boogie cab. Both 80s.

I have a new Eich combo on order. Itís somewhere in the English Channel right now!

hughff 23-09-2021 09:50 PM

I have resisted the siren call for 18 months but it finally became too much. I have bought another guitar - a cheap as chips Chinese resonator.
https://www.chorder.com/images/revie...46-desktop.jpg

Pidster 17-12-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 16019362)
I have resisted the siren call for 18 months but it finally became too much. I have bought another guitar - a cheap as chips Chinese resonator.
https://www.chorder.com/images/revie...46-desktop.jpg

I have always fancied a resonator, but would be hard to pushed to justify one.

I recently bought an affordable Yamaha Revstar. I did this because I hadn't got anything with P90s. I have to say I am mightily impressed with the guitar and love the sound of the pickups.

Stellavista 17-12-2021 07:23 PM

I love this thread, and wish it was more active.
Christmas toys?

Aquila_17 17-12-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16156383)
I love this thread, and wish it was more active.
Christmas toys?

No Christmas toys for me but I managed to buy my pride and joy once I got divorced (5 years ago)... the guitar I've wanted ever since I first started playing, a Guild F-512 (one of the last batches of pre Fender ownership pieces). One strum across the strings in an open tuning is like a chorus of angels. It's gorgeous!

I also treated myself to a rather beautiful Martin HD-35 which is stunning to play.

I'd be very happy to post a pic. here but whenever I've tried to do that from any online links to images I have up they never quite work. Is there a 'best site' for uploading images to so that I can ping a few pics on here?

hughff 17-12-2021 07:44 PM

Stellavista, I doubt I'll be getting anything for Christmas. However, when my marking money comes through, I plan to dedicate some of it to a new instrument.

Pidster, that resonator I bought would probably go for about 250 quid, which I'm picking is less than you paid for the Yamaha. I did lower the bridge to ease fretting higher up the neck but if you're going to play with a slide, that won't matter. At the same time, I do love a P90. I have a Cort semi-hollow with P90s which plays beautifully clean in the neck and has a great overdrive sound at the bridge.

Another Oxted Eagle 17-12-2021 08:26 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ULn79j5.jpg

My latest squeeze on the left , Rickenbacker 330. Don’t know why I waited so long to get one , I heard they were quirky and hard to play but unless you are used to a modern low action shred machine they are fine . Lovely sounding thing too

Aquila_17 17-12-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle (Post 16156452)
https://i.imgur.com/ULn79j5.jpg

My latest squeeze on the left , Rickenbacker 330. Donít know why I waited so long to get one , I heard they were quirky and hard to play but unless you are used to a modern low action shred machine they are fine . Lovely sounding thing too

Very nice!

Pidster 18-12-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 16156383)
I love this thread, and wish it was more active.
Christmas toys?

Fender Mustang Micro?

olly cromwell 08-02-2022 05:28 PM

Sidcup auctions are selling some guitars on friday

https://www.sidcupauctions.co.uk/pos...-military-misc

Stellavista 09-02-2022 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olly cromwell (Post 16260955)
Sidcup auctions are selling some guitars on friday

https://www.sidcupauctions.co.uk/pos...-military-misc

Blimey, there's some weird and wonderful stuff there.

Smoz 15-04-2022 01:58 PM

Way out of my price range, but I like the look of the Fender 60th anniversary Jaguars. There's something about the two colour options that they offer for the non-humbucker variant.

https://www.gak.co.uk/cdn-cgi/image/...ed-1387631.jpg

https://www.gak.co.uk/cdn-cgi/image/...ue-1387681.jpg

Smoz 06-06-2022 09:38 PM

26 months in I am still pretty ropey, but still enjoying playing. About 85 % of the time I am just playing my Telecaster unplugged, I think it might be time to book some some proper guitar face to face lessons rather than just YouTube clips. Also thinking about getting an acoustic, as this is how I tend to play most of the time. I have been looking at the Taylor GS mini series and the Faith Venus/Neptunes online, has anyone used either of these?

Fiddling around today I came up with a chord which sounds good to my ears, middle finger A string third fret, index finger D string second fret, strum all six strings. Is this a recognised chord? Does it have a name? My tuner thinks it is an E, I would hazard a guess that it's a E sus of some kind.

Walter Wort 06-06-2022 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz (Post 16465366)
26 months in I am still pretty ropey, but still enjoying playing. About 85 % of the time I am just playing my Telecaster unplugged, I think it might be time to book some some proper guitar face to face lessons rather than just YouTube clips. Also thinking about getting an acoustic, as this is how I tend to play most of the time. I have been looking at the Taylor GS mini series and the Faith Venus/Neptunes online, has anyone used either of these?

Fiddling around today I came up with a chord which sounds good to my ears, middle finger A string third fret, index finger D string second fret, strum all six strings. Is this a recognised chord? Does it have a name? My tuner thinks it is an E, I would hazard a guess that it's a E sus of some kind.

Cmaj7 ?

Smoz 06-06-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter Wort (Post 16465398)
Cmaj7 ?

Just looked it up, you're quite right.

hughff 06-06-2022 11:17 PM

If you don't strum the bass E, i.e. only strum the ADGBe strings, that is a Cmaj7 which is a not uncommon chord. With the E as a bass, it becomes the much less common E/Cmaj7. The reason why your tuner says it's an E is that chords are always determined by the lowest (root) note.

Smoz 06-06-2022 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 16465489)
If you don't strum the bass E, i.e. only strum the ADGBe strings, that is a Cmaj7 which is a not uncommon chord. With the E as a bass, it becomes the much less common E/Cmaj7. The reason why your tuner says it's an E is that chords are always determined by the lowest (root) note.

Thanks Hugh, I guess that I will have to try and play it properly, without the E. Goes well with an A minor and a G major.

hughff 07-06-2022 02:15 AM

Play it both ways - if it sounds good, then it works!

FWIW E/Cmaj7 should also go well with F.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.