CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Selhurst Park Redevelopment (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239552)

eaglejez 12-01-2013 01:19 PM

Selhurst Park Redevelopment

Hi Boys

I think we all know without a quick sub of c90m from a friendly Middle East fan that the new stadium is not a goer.

Re the SP redevelopment - have you had any estimates of the total cost ?

cheers
Jez

CPFC2010 13-01-2013 12:31 AM

Hi Jez, Mr P is dealing with this. I don't think that there is a definitive price yet.

eaglejez 13-01-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Hi Jez, Mr P is dealing with this. I don't think that there is a definitive price yet.

okey doke.
Cheers and good luck :p

anti-addick 15-01-2013 08:18 PM

What has happened with the whole West Ham + Olympic thing then?

CPFC2010 16-01-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anti-addick
What has happened with the whole West Ham + Olympic thing then?

Doesn't really affect us. The problem with the park is a possible 10 years of planning applications, appeals etc etc

Billy Rhino 16-01-2013 12:23 AM

Is the park still a possibility then? I always thought that if we could get the GLC involved and make it a multi-purpose stadium to placate taxpayers then we might have a chance.

CPFC2010 16-01-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
Is the park still a possibility then? I always thought that if we could get the GLC involved and make it a multi-purpose stadium to placate taxpayers then we might have a chance.

Certainly a chance but the feeling is that planning will cost a fortune and take ages so developing Selhurst would be quicker

GreatGonzo 16-01-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

If you read some of the comments from BHA fans on here and on NSC, the estimate is their ground only cost £60m-70m to build, the headline figure apparently includes the huge sums spent to be allowed to build it.

I guess 2010 have done their homeowrk and know the residents around the park would put up no less of a fight and probably more of one, despite how much sense it makes.

Steve - is the proposal a complete redesign of the land in collaboration with Sainsburys or going it alone?

ForzaPalace 16-01-2013 04:18 PM

I'd prefer to stay at Selhurst anyway. It's home.

New LP 16-01-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Wasn't the GLC disbanded 25 years ago?

eaglejez 16-01-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Certainly a chance but the feeling is that planning will cost a fortune and take ages so developing Selhurst would be quicker

shout if you need any financial modelling help etc :p

CPFC2010ANDON 16-01-2013 10:18 PM

Steve, Thanks for your previous help.

I would like to ask a question on this subject, and I think it was answered before, but I forget your response.

Would you be open to an outsider coming in and sponsoring a re-developed Selhurst, and thus having their name on the stadium?

I think I remember you saying that you were in conversation with GAC about their shirt-sponsorship - does this extend to the stadium at all?

Apologies for this, but its a very important question as I may come back to you with a PM depending on the answer, if I may.

CPFC2010 17-01-2013 03:52 PM

We'd certainly look at selling naming rights to help fund the stadium development.

Apart from that I can't really answer any questions on the stadium as that is SP's department.

little al 17-01-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON

I would like to ask a question on this subject, and I think it was answered before, but I forget your response.

Would you be open to an outsider coming in and sponsoring a re-developed Selhurst, and thus having their name on the stadium?

I think I remember you saying that you were in conversation with GAC about their shirt-sponsorship - does this extend to the stadium at all?

Apologies for this, but its a very important question as I may come back to you with a PM depending on the answer, if I may.

That important that you "forgot" the answer and couldn't be bothered to look back. Please keep your contacts away from our club.

west country boy 17-01-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON

Please stop posting on this messageboard, you hateful lying idiot.

Stroller 24-01-2013 11:14 AM

Just a thought...
I'm a commercial director for a main contractor. I'm sure there must be other fans who are in the building and property industry. I'd be happy to devote a half day now and then to meet and discuss options and give advice (free obviously). I've no experience of stadium work but there are others in my company that do, so it may be of use.
I'm not suggesting a comprehensive project management team, or anything official, but if there are others out there we could perhaps be available to give some unofficial advice?
By the way, I've seen some of the posts on this thread, please understand this is not a corporate promotion, but I know from experience that building is a totally new experience to a lot of clients and any early input can be helpful.
Just a thought - anybody else out there who feel they could help with this?

croydons finest 24-01-2013 03:31 PM

Crystal Palace loses Diamond League Meeting to Olympic Stadium: hello steve do you think this would help us relocate back to the park. all the best rob

CPFC2010 24-01-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stroller
Just a thought...
I'm a commercial director for a main contractor. I'm sure there must be other fans who are in the building and property industry. I'd be happy to devote a half day now and then to meet and discuss options and give advice (free obviously). I've no experience of stadium work but there are others in my company that do, so it may be of use.
I'm not suggesting a comprehensive project management team, or anything official, but if there are others out there we could perhaps be available to give some unofficial advice?
By the way, I've seen some of the posts on this thread, please understand this is not a corporate promotion, but I know from experience that building is a totally new experience to a lot of clients and any early input can be helpful.
Just a thought - anybody else out there who feel they could help with this?

That's very kind of you. Once there is some definite news it would be good if Palace fans with concrete (as it were) experience could offer to help.

CPFC2010 24-01-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by croydons finest
Crystal Palace loses Diamond League Meeting to Olympic Stadium: hello steve do you think this would help us relocate back to the park. all the best rob

Not really, the problem is really the long delays on planning and local residents who don't want any sport in the park

swissroll 24-01-2013 11:42 PM