CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Football (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Milan, Lazio, Juventus and Fiorentina Indicted Over Allegations of Match Fixing (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=134669)

zonin2000 22-06-2006 05:43 PM

Milan, Lazio, Juventus and Fiorentina Indicted Over Allegations of Match Fixing

Breaking news on BBC Sport - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/default.stm

More soon, it says.

John.K 22-06-2006 05:46 PM

Excellent

Ridcully 22-06-2006 05:47 PM

All to be relegated if found guilty....better get Bob Dowie out there quickly ;)

zonin2000 22-06-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ridcully
All to be relegated if found guilty....better get Bob Dowie out there quickly ;)
Definitely?

se1eagle 22-06-2006 05:51 PM

ROME, June 22 (Reuters) - Italy's football prosecutor on Thursday ordered Serie A clubs Juventus, AC Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina to stand trial in the nation's biggest sports scandal in a quarter of a century.

In a brief statement, the Football Federation said prosecutor Stefano Palazzi had charged a total of 30 "subjects" for sporting fraud and violations of fairness and probity, charges which can be punished by fines, bans and relegations.

The statement did not give a further breakdown of who was charged or identify individuals.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...GES-URGENT.XML

palace_boy_luke 22-06-2006 05:52 PM

So I was right:D

se1eagle 22-06-2006 05:53 PM

MILAN (AFX) - Juventus Football Club SpA, Milan AC, Lazio SS and AC Fiorentina risk being relegated from the first division Serie A to minor leagues following an investigation into alleged match rigging, La Repubblica and other dailies reported.

According to the reports, the Italian football league could decide as soon as today to hold a trial starting June 27 and ending July 20, a month before the championship resumes on Aug 26.

Juventus could end up in Serie B with a nine point handicap or in Serie C, while the other three clubs could be relegated to Serie B, La Repubblica said.

La Stampa said there is concern that the decision to go ahead with the trial could affect the morale of the Italian national team which is scheduled to play a crucial match tomorrow against the Czech Republic to qualify for the second round of the World Cup in Germany.

The Omen 22-06-2006 05:55 PM

Haven't Fiorentina just recovered from being relegated due to financial problems?

Will they really have the balls to relegate Milan and Juve?

Inter and Roma must be throwing a huge party.

Jay_Palace 22-06-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Omen
Haven't Fiorentina just recovered from being relegated due to financial problems?

Will they really have the balls to relegate Milan and Juve?

Inter and Roma must be throwing a huge party.

Hopefully Fiorentina will be permanently liquidated if found guilty. It's beyond a joke how they were allowed to re-enter the Italian league after their previous indesacretions and now are in Serie A as if nothing ever happened.

dave_who_ru 22-06-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by se1eagle
According to the reports, the Italian football league could decide as soon as today to hold a trial starting June 27 and ending July 20, a month before the championship resumes on Aug 26.
and pigs might fly! I doubt that these big boys will roll over that quickly.

mik59 22-06-2006 05:59 PM

In the 1934 World Cup, Italy were secured "friendly" referees on the orders of Mussolini. Luckily, there hasn't been a whiff of scandal about Italian football since....

Ridcully 22-06-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zonin2000
Definitely?
According to 5live yes. The prosecutor wants it all over before the World Cup final also so there is a real chance that Italy will make the final with half a team from Serie B.

Very serious this one...and now the AC chairman is no longer in charge of the country who knows what will happen.

I think a lot of players will move clubs, what will be interesting will be to see that if it were to happen whether Juve will be stripped of the Championship.

LLCOOLSTEVE 22-06-2006 06:03 PM

I wanna know who the players are

The Omen 22-06-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Ibrahimovic and Buffon are two players that have been investigated.

Buffon was interviewed and Zlatan had his house turned over.

nottsunieagle 22-06-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mik59
In the 1934 World Cup, Italy were secured "friendly" referees on the orders of Mussolini. Luckily, there hasn't been a whiff of scandal about Italian football since....
In that same world cup Mussolini nationalised two Argentinians, a Uruguayan and 4 Brazilians only months before the World Cup too...

fulhameagle 22-06-2006 06:23 PM

Great news if it means Inter get the title at last. Any coincidence that this has broken after Berlusconi lost power?

Jer 22-06-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by fulhameagle
Any coincidence that this has broken after Berlusconi lost power?
My first (second and third) thought too

The Omen 22-06-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
I've just heard that none of the people on trial are players.

richdeniro 22-06-2006 09:47 PM

Rumours coming out of Brazil are that Kaka is all set to sign for Real Madrid.

Typical of Madrid to go for the attacking players. Surely they should be after some of the more defensive players that would become available. Emerson, Viera or Gattuso perhaps.

Latvian Eagle 23-06-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Hopefully Fiorentina will be permanently liquidated if found guilty. It's beyond a joke how they were allowed to re-enter the Italian league after their previous indesacretions and now are in Serie A as if nothing ever happened.
Clubs are allowed to "set up" again in the place of the old club, but they have to start a league lower than they would be in. The ruled was chanced after the Fiorentina incident, as they were amde to drop to the bottom. That no longer happens. Torino reformed and started in Serie B last season, after dropping from Serie A.