View Single Post
Old 27-10-2019, 01:31 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
The riots are the result of the corruption of governments world wide by right wing economic policies. Also renewable energy is now becoming cheaper than fossil fuels, so you really don't have a point at all. I suppose you will find some other news story/PR from the fossil fuel industry that allows you to feel good about willfull ignorance.
Expensive Climate Policies Sparked the Chile Riots, Just Like the Yellow Vest Protests in France.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

You misjudge me, I am all for clean energy removing pollutants providing it has no ecological impact.

I see CO2 as a positive and not negative. From where I am we have been led up a garden path by the UN/IPCC, politicians Left, right, centre and media on CO2. I am more concerned about the pollutants in burning some fossil fuels and the social impact on society reducing CO2 will have.

As for renewables:-
o My energy suppliers are 100% renewable.
o wind turbines kill birds and only operate with wind speeds of 4-15 meters per second. Although impressive looking can spoil natural beauty spots.
o solar panels do not work at night. Are prone to damage and use during adverse weather conditions. Snow, hail, sand storms.
o biofuels apart from the recycle of vegetable oils they should be banned due to ecological damage.
o Hydroelectricity has ecological impacts which are managed.
o Electricity storage, this really has not progressed enough.
o The only reliable alternative to fossil fuels is nuclear.

I am also aware of initiatives which I remain sceptical of which if true would be absolutely amazing. To view the link you have to Register or Login