View Single Post
Old 30-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
h_k_h, could you (theoretically) get in trouble for posting those pictures and being critical of what has been going on?
Possibly, though short term at least unlikely. There an infestation of pro-Beijing bots sprung up on faceache and twatter drowning a lot of anti-extradition posts with bollocks about how anti-patriotic protesters are and benign Beijing is, etc. I'd wager this is China sponsored in the same way Russia influenced the Trump and Brexit votes. So they are clearly seeking to control as much of the narrative as they can, no doubt carefully recording all the names as they go.

However there's an overwhelming groundswell of support behind the protests (~80% of the HK population) so they have their work cut out on that score. I have seen a few instances of prominent journalists and twitter posters targeted by pro-Beijing media - accused of being CIA, appearing to be followed etc. - but it's obviously the big-time influencers who will be targeted first, rather than small time commentators like me.

I did notice though the other day an "HK government official" viewed my LinkedIn profile....