Thread: Wan-Bissaka
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 12:49 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
TFM has upped his game recently so I'd be tempted to give AWB a rest v Chelsea and let TFM play Right Back v Hazard (on assumption Hazard returns to wide left and Giroud or Morata play CF). TFM is quicker.
As someone said earlier, AWB will mean the club doesn't need to fork out for a RB in the Summer.

Dobbo - not anyone screaming out for an immediate 1st team chance but I'm convinced that Kirby will be first choice in centre mid in about 18 months time. Lumeka is a clever wide player with a real eye for goal. He may be worth a gamble if Townsend got injured before Zaha is back. Hungbo has made big strides this season. Scores goals. Can play wide or behind CF. If keeps progressing at this rate, he could be pushing for a place in 12 months time.
The difficulty is the huge gulf between u23 and first team which is bigger than the step Sorloth is having to make from Scandinavian football IMO. Makes it so much harder to judge who will have what it takes and appreciate your insights as someone who watches them regularly.

The case of Bissaka though shows its not until you given them a go you find out if they can do it. Not sure he was high on anyone list as the next one to come though the academy and make it, much like i don't think Clyne was at the time.

With us not likely to be clear of the drop with games to spare it will be tough again this year to really give these youngsters an opportunity this season. Would like to see Kirby, Lokilo, Lumeka etc given 30 minutes to show what they can do against seasoned pros.