Thread: Wan-Bissaka
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:59 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Totally agree with Gonzo in that U23 football is poor preparation for 1st team. Not least because U23 games are played at a much slower pace.
As a result, the majority of lads are going to struggle for an extended period when trying to step up and play for the 1st team.
However, every now and again we get a pleasent surprise when a youngster takes to it like a duck to water and quickly plays as if they've been in the first team for years.
Without giving the odd one a chance when the opportunity arises we will never know who will be a success.
The upside of the current injury crisis is seeing how well Bissaka has taken to it.
And from watching the U18s regularly, I know that his "success" will give a massive lift to those in the age groups immediately behind his. They'll be renewed belief that there is the possibility they could also make it.
Superb news it is because supposedly the coming ages are some of the best in years apparently. You'll know more.

Also refreshing that after wasting so many millions of pounds on turd AWB coming onto the scene.

Tim Sherwood can be a clown but I think he hit the nail on the head. He spoke of youngsters just getting loaned to poorer sides and really having to stand out. He believes Kane wouldn't be the player he is today if he went to a lower club as rumoured at a given time.

Clinton Morrison.