Thread: Max Meyer
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 10:15 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Just watched the 30 minute highlights of our game that Sky screen over night, commentator makes the point that Meyer made a difference.

The link up play with Zaha is very good and definitely helps Zaha spring into life, they are clearly on the same wavelength, forward passing between these two is cutting through defences.

About time we did this from the start at home instead of trying to rescue a result with it.

Meyer should start, he deserves it. Sadly though I doubt Roy will divert from his rigid stance.
I like Meyer, but I'm not convinced that he is strong enough yet, to start and play 80mins and be influential throughout, defensively a bit average. But can be very much a game-changer if brought on with 25mins to go.

He's up against Schlupp who is getting better and better offensively (and he too works well with Wilf)...or Macca, who does a hell of a lot of work defensively, but also gets in some very dangerous positions going forward, even if he missed a couple of chances yesterday (I think that second one he thought too much about it instead of just hitting). Add in Kouyate who looks very good defensively and is strong going forward.

We're in a good place in midfield which the defensive and chances created stats support.

Max's time will come though...no doubt