Thread: Discussion: Limited Funds Again This Summer
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 02:24 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm not sure it's fair to say we played better since he got injured. Yes, we played well at Cardiff, but no better than a lot of away performances with Schlupp. And we were as dire as ever at home against Everton. So it feels you are really basing that on the last game of the season.
I thought he was out injured longer than he actually was. Last played against Man City.

It was a bit of a throwaway comment based on a feeling rather than empirical evidence. Versatile, pacy and has an eye for goal but I don't feel he is enough of a 'footballer' to warrant regular first team starts. He's a bit clumsy, suffers from lapses in concentration in defence, lacks the ability to pick a pass and at his worst regularly fires crosses into the crowd. A player without a position.

A quick look at our results without him in the run in show that we won 3 and drew 1. Scoring 11 and conceding 7. I can live with that!