View Single Post
Old 19-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've opened so many accounts in so many names it's untrue and I'm hardly a big time punter. Doesn't take much to get your account restricted. Lost my first 365 account in 2006 for a win of under 300 on Rugby League. Jokers!

It's pretty obvious that this lass is putting on bets for other people but in that case 365 shouldn't be taking the bet. That's the joke part. If the bet is accepted then it should be honoured.

She should have been smarter and spread the bet across multiple accounts.

The average person thinks bookies take bets all day long. Not the case. I gave up betting in shops a few years back when even 200 on a Premier League game was enough to get the assistant to ring head office and ask if they could take the bet. More often than not, it was offered at odds lower than the coupon or restricted to 20.

Simple thing is they would rather 100 people did 1 accumulators at big odds than take 1 x 100 at 6/4. It's all about spreading the risk. In fact they'd rather no one ever bet on sport and just shoved their money in the FOBT machines (a.k.a. roulette machines) that have taken over shops and have kept HIgh Street bookies profitable.
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!