View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 06:49 AM

topper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I must admit I knew fb, Google, et al sold data on to the highest bidders, but the Cambridge Analytica took it to the extreme. Some of the numbers they were discussing there were immense.
Nix CEO was quoted as saying "Today in the United States we have somewhere close to four or five thousand data points on every individual ... So we model the personality of every adult across the United States, some 230 million people."
Considering they had the capability to target personalised advertising to any of these people during the key times of elections/referendums is really scary. NB they also said they could pick out fence sitting voters in key knife edge constituencies using just 300/400 data points and pinpoint target those guys to get the swing needed. Not just votes but literally elections for the highest bidder...

Last edited by topper; 12-09-2019 at 06:53 AM.