Thread: Live Com and Updates: Crystal Palace 2-0 Norwich City (FT)
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2019, 11:31 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
So don't. Please.

Christ in the 40 odd years I've been watching Palace this is some of the best football we've ever played. Midtable Premier league mediocrity used to be a pipedream. We are a small Prem side, realistically it's not likely to get much better than this!

Give up man do yourself a favour and go and watch Spurs or something.
I donít know the exact stats, but itís interesting that the most successful managers in Prem of lower league teams are those that are relentlessly focused on shape over style. Allardyce, Pulis, Hodgson, even Howe. As we learned under Pardew...being open and entertaining can get you 30 points by Christmas, it can also get you 10 points in the second half of a season.

Given what Hodgson is trying to achieve, which is to be all but safe by the end of March, I think he is approaching it the right way.