Thread: Player Ratings And Reviews: Palace 2 Fulham 0
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 06:55 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Massive win - I'd have taken playing poorly and winning and that's what I thought happened. It was as if we were playing Man City given how much respect and space we gave them. Not sure why we sat back so much as they were awful. Classic Hodgson I guess but the win is the main thing.

The highlights for me were: Benteke, Ayew, Bissaka, Sakho and Batshuayi. If he doesn't start next game then we'll know Hodgson is nuts.

The downsides were: McArthur, Schlupp, PvA and the choice of subs. Can't understand why we went back to Ayew up front on his own when Benteke went off. We look so much better with an out and out striker.

Guiata - 7 - he's really sharp, always on his toes and played well. Really like him.
Bissaka - 8 - another sublime performance. His tackling is unreal.
PvA - 4 - absolutely dreadful. Gave the ball away regularly and can't defend to save his life. He's regressed considerably in recent months.
Tomkins - 7 - really good as per usual.
Sakho - 8 - his best performance for a while. Absolute beast. Missed another sitter though.

Luka - 7 - thought he played well. Some great setpieces.
McArthur - 5 - passing was off from the start. Struggles in central midfield.
Schlupp - 6 - many will mark him up a lot because of the goal but that would excuse a largely inept display throughout. Would have been a 5 but for the goal. Such a poor player who should have no place in our midfield. Consistently let the right back get crosses in.

Townsend - 6 - one of his quieter games but always puts in a great shift. Great cross from the Benteke acrobatic kick.
Benteke - 7 - actually looked really good and we benefited from his strength. We missed his presence when he was subbed. Fantastic effort that hit the bar. Encouraging return.
Ayew - 8 - surprise surprise he plays better when he isn't a lone striker. Seemed really up for it. He hasn't got any quality in front of goal but I was really impressed with his running and how much he closed them down. Good performance.

Subs
Meyer - 6 - apart from one misplaced pass, neat and tidy but he's being killed by Hodgson.
Batshuayi - 7 - wow, what an impact! Should have come on much earlier. Brilliant piece of skill that led to Schlupp's tap in. Looks class and must start from now on.
Re read your first paragraph and wonder why we won at HOME.
Good to see your dig at Roy