View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
Actually I cannot remember CT who it was. I almost did not watch the programme as I thought it would be a rehash of all the old arguments, but then did, and a few things came up that I had not seen before, such as the cross hairs in the photos being partly obscured by objects.

Like I say it was not a balanced programme, but straight after watching it, I can understand why Barbara said what she did.

Now an hour after it ended I can put it into some kind of perspective.
I just wish there were less of these types of programs and more programs devoted to lauding the tremedous achievement of putting 12 men on the moon. The engineering behind the program was just simply immense. The solutions to the problems they encountered were completely wonderful. It really was a staggering achievement done with a "can do" mentality that is sadly missing today.